Thread for DB3000 database problems, updates or issues

Post new mods and scenarios here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

ExNusquam

RE: Thread for DB3000 database problems, updates or issues

Post by ExNusquam »

#712 - F/A18F Super Hornet -- Australia (Air Force), 2012, 12x shouldn't have the CRV-7 Loadout available.

Because of store separation issues, the Super Hornet pylons are toed out a few degrees. Because of the pylon toe, I don't think the SH can carry forward firing rockets. I've never seen any images of them carried, and can find no reference to any SH (US or Australian) carrying unguided rockets.
Vici Supreme

Post by Vici Supreme »

ORIGINAL: ExNusquam

#712 - F/A18F Super Hornet -- Australia (Air Force), 2012, 12x shouldn't have the CRV-7 Loadout available.

Because of store separation issues, the Super Hornet pylons are toed out a few degrees. Because of the pylon toe, I don't think the SH can carry forward firing rockets. I've never seen any images of them carried, and can find no reference to any SH (US or Australian) carrying unguided rockets.

http://www.mycity-military.com/imgs3/2705_73383457_613798_original.jpg
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

ORIGINAL: hellfish6

A-222 Bereg Coastal Artillery System?

Only one unit in service with the Russian Black Sea Fleet, but there is potential for more.

Uses a naval AK-130 gun on an 8x8 chassis, with a fire control van and a radar van and up to six guns.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/130_mm_coa ... _gun_A-222
The central post is designed to control battery fire. The fire control system includes a radar, TV/optical station with laser rangefinder, surveillance and target detection/designation sight, digital computer providing firing data, battle damage recording equipment, target simulation system for crew training, life-support and power supply systems, and auxiliary equipment. The Bereg-E's fire control system provides calculation of firing data for four targets and simultaneous engagement of two targets in passive and active counter-measures environment.
http://www.redstar.gr/Foto_red/Eng/Other/Bereg_e.html

Can't seem to find the associated radar system. Naval Institute implies it's a truck-based AK-130 system entirely, and the radar (35km range) and associated optical targeting system (with a 270 degree FOV) are the same you'd find on a ship.
http://tinyurl.com/USNI-Naval-Weapons
COASTAL DEFENSE AND THE BEREG 130mm ARTILLERY SYSTEM

The coastal defense of any state that has sea borders plays a key role in the armed forces. Modern coastal warfare primarily requires the development of mobile coastal artillery systems since they ensure the defense of large areas and can move undetected to combat positions in various regions.

At present, coastal defense troops of some countries are armed with mobile missile systems such as Rubezh and Redut (Russia), RBS 15 (Sweden), Sea Skua (Great Britain), Exocet (France), SSI (Japan), and Harpoon (USA). All coastal defense missile systems feature one common drawback, namely a dead zone from 25 (Rubezh) to 7 km (Redut) and their low efficiency against small-size mobile sea targets, including small landing ships, air-cushioned vessels, ekranoplans, etc. Consequently, coastal defense missile systems are unable to defend coastal zones alone.

he coastal defense of any state that has sea borders plays a key role in the armed forces. Modern coastal warfare primarily requires the development of mobile coastal artillery systems since they ensure the defense of large areas and can move undetected to combat positions in various regions.

At present, coastal defense troops of some countries are armed with mobile missile systems such as Rubezh and Redut (Russia), RBS 15 (Sweden), Sea Skua (Great Britain), Exocet (France), SSI (Japan), and Harpoon (USA). All coastal defense missile systems feature one common drawback, namely a dead zone from 25 (Rubezh) to 7 km (Redut) and their low efficiency against small-size mobile sea targets, including small landing ships, air-cushioned vessels, ekranoplans, etc. Consequently, coastal defense missile systems are unable to defend coastal zones alone.

The Bereg coastal defense self-propelled artillery system incorporates the Podacha mobile artillery fire control system, which is the first such system to use the principle of gunnery without using the sights of the individual guns. The Podacha system ensures complete independent polarization scanning in receive/transmit mode that avoids barrage jamming via a polarization adaptation method, including the cases where the jammer is located on the tracked target and the recognition of targets is made according to the polarization "portrait." The Podacha system can also perform the task of precise target tracking in the "passing" under the angle deception jamming conditions. Meanwhile, the Podacha system tracks up to four targets and engages two of them simultaneously using six gun mounts.

The fire control system is comprised of a radar, TV-optical post with a laser range finder, sighting device for target observation and designation, digital computer to prepare data for firing, devices to record firing procedures, and target simulation system intended for personnel training and practice firing.

In addition, any SP gun can deliver fire independently using its own optical electromechanical sight, commander's vision device, ballistic computer and laser range finder.

The Bereg coastal defense self-propelled artillery system can be deployed at prepared or unprepared firing positions in terms of engineer organization and survey. To enhance the combat survivability and concealment of the system, the dispersal of its combat vehicles may reach 1,000 meters, and the difference in height of gun emplacements can reach up to 300 meters. The coastal defense self-propelled artillery system can perform missions at any time of the day and year in active and passive jamming environments.

The combat duty support vehicle's diesel-generator supplies the central combat station with electric power during extended combat duty at the firing position. In addition, all vehicles of the coastal defense self-propelled artillery system have self-contained auxiliary power units. The combat duty support vehicle has compartments to store fuel, food and water reserves, as well as facilities for cooking and serving meals, and for personnel's rest. Medical aid can also be provided to the personnel.

All this allows a battery to maintain constant combat readiness for seven days. All vehicles of the coastal self-propelled artillery system are mounted on one type of chassis featuring a high cross-country capacity and 8x8 wheel arrangement. The high cross-country capacity, night vision devices and navigation aids installed at the central combat station allows the artillery unit to take up new firing positions quickly and move in dispersed formations to new areas. The use of the wheeled chassis has made it possible to increase fuel distance 1.7 times and has given a threefold increase in the guaranteed mileage compared to tracked vehicles.

At customer's request Bereg can be upgraded as follows:

- a 127mm caliber gun firing and fixed rounds of the customer can be installed;

- artillery fire can be delivered by the self-propelled artillery system and independent self-propelled artillery guns against sea and ground targets using homing rounds via laser illumination;

- jam-immune radio channel to exchange telecoded information between separate vehicles can be introduced;

- air defense capability is envisaged;

- level of mechanization and automation of operation during deployment and tie-in of the system's vehicles can be raised and deployment times shortened.

Maneuverability, high fire efficiency and complete autonomy of the coastal Bereg defense self-propelled artillery system make it a reliable weapon system to defend coastal areas, strait zones and skerries

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/sh ... ost2190564

Yeah we've had this on our list for awhile and have accumulated a bit on it. Will look to implement soon. I think the hangup was the FC [:)]
hellfish6

Post by hellfish6 »

ORIGINAL: Supreme 2.0

ORIGINAL: ExNusquam

http://www.mycity-military.com/imgs3/2705_73383457_613798_original.jpg

That looks like a Canadian F/A-18A, not a Super Hornet.
Vici Supreme

Post by Vici Supreme »

Oh really? [;)]
greatTop

Post by greatTop »

Hey, might I ask for the F-35A/B variants for the Italian AF ? The exact number hasn't been revealed yet but unfortunately I think Italy wont have an other choice than buying a couple(probably 45 and not 90).

The armament should be pretty standart and similar to the british F-35Bs (I'm not sure if it will use AMRAAMs or Meteors missiles)
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

ORIGINAL: greatTop

Hey, might I ask for the F-35A/B variants for the Italian AF ? The exact number hasn't been revealed yet but unfortunately I think Italy wont have an other choice than buying a couple(probably 45 and not 90).

The armament should be pretty standart and similar to the british F-35Bs (I'm not sure if it will use AMRAAMs or Meteors missiles)

Added the request but we do need more info.

Looks like there will be a factory in Calmari Italy which means there will probably be an Italian F-35 although think they're down to only 30. Lots of political debate around this it seems.

Thanks!

Mike
greatTop

Post by greatTop »

ORIGINAL: mikmyk
ORIGINAL: greatTop

Added the request but we do need more info.

Looks like there will be a factory in Calmari Italy which means there will probably be an Italian F-35 although think they're down to only 30. Lots of political debate around this it seems.

Thanks!

Mike

As always thanks for the consideration, I will keep on looking for informations in Italian medias and keep you guys posted.

In the mean time, Alenia Aermacchi started last year working on the integration of A2G laodouts for Italian EF2000. The tests for the Storm shadow seem to be finished and they are currently working on bombs (probably GBUs), herewith the links :

http://www.analisidifesa.it/2013/11/al- ... l-typhoon/

&

http://www.analisidifesa.it/2014/08/tes ... l-typhoon/

With the F-35 being incapable of carrying cruise missiles the EF will soon take over that role from the aging Tornados.

I think I'm not exaggerating by saying that Italian Typhoons should be fully A2G operational by 2019, so it would be nice to modify the latter version in the DB by making it able to use Storm Shadow.

Cheers,

hellfish6

Post by hellfish6 »

ORIGINAL: Supreme 2.0

Oh really? [;)]

Yes...? Did you post the wrong aircraft intentionally?
DeSade

Post by DeSade »

Looking for some Middle East scenario I noticed that parameters for AN/APG-70 (#924 and #1765) = AN/APG-70I (#2224) = AN/APG-70S (#2221)

In reality I think it should be like AN/APG-70 > AN/APG-70I >> AN/APG-70S

Israeli variant had 3x worse resolution that US one, but due to Israel concerns Saudi got much more crippled version. That was one of main reasons for Saudi Arabia to pick Typhoons BTW. Details for example here:

http://www.kamov.net/general-aviation/saudi-eagles/
http://www.joebaugher.com/usaf_fighters/f15_20.html

Anyway, I'm not sure how to model it in CMANO, but expected effect should be F-15I should dominate F-15S in BVR combat and F-15S should be less capable in terms of target aquisition in ground strike role.
hellfish6

Post by hellfish6 »

[ADDED/UPDATED DB pre-v436]

Monolit B
The coastal surface and air reconnaissance system Monolit-B is intended for long-range, over the horizon detection and tracking of surface targets using integrated means of active and passive radio detection and ranging, means of automated reception and processing of information on surface situation obtained from the carriers equipped with articles Mineral-ME and special interfacing equipment and from external information sources (ships, helicopters, lookout posts) over standard communication lines in the telephone mode, and also for generation and output of target designation data to missile weapon control systems.
Typhoon JSC displayed the Monolit B coastal surface and air surveillance system, which is designed to support coastal defense batteries that fire Club M and Uran (SS-NX-27) missiles. Monolit B utilizes a ground based or aerial radar to detect and acquire targets. The system can also operate in quiet mode, employing two radars operating in receive-only mode, to "fix" target location by triangulation.

The system can detect up to 50 targets over the horizon at ranges of up to 250 km in passive mode, and up to 450 km in active mode. It can designate up to 10 targets simultaneously. In active mode the system can simultaneously handle up to 30 targets.

In passive mode the system can detect as many as 50 targets ‘over the horizon’ at ranges up to 250km and handle up to 10 targets simultaneously. In active mode detection range can be up to 450km and as many as 30 targets can be handled simultaneously.

This capability is especially useful with the Uran/Club M, which is a family of relatively inexpensive fire and forget cruise missiles that are usually fired in salvos. During the targeting phase the target's parameters (type, location, etc) are processed by the fire control system and fed to the missile, which is then launched toward the target. Each missile follows a different course to reach a position where the target can be acquired by its on-board sensor. This allows multiple missiles to execute a "ripple attack" from different directions.

The Uran missile is a relatively small sub-sonic sea-skimmer, which can engage targets at ranges of up to 250 km. The Monolit / Uran/Club M system uses common transporters, launcher vehicles, communications and C3 systems to accommodate three different missiles – the 3M-54E anti-ship missile, with supersonic terminal stage, 3M-54E1 anti-ship subsonic missile, or the 3M-14E land attack missile. The range of Club M is specified as up to 275 km although it is believed to be extendable by making a tradeoff between warhead weight and fuel capacity. Another Monolit compatible system is the 130mm Bereg E coastal artillery system, which is also called Titan. Bereg E consists of self-propelled guns with a range of 20 - 23 km (depending on type of gun and ammunition). Bereg E can engage multiple targets with a hit probability of 80% and can eliminate typical targets at sea within 1 – 2 minutes.

Works with all kinds of coastal defense systems, including the SSC-5 Bastion, Klub (which we don't have as an independent system yet) and - yes - the Bereg A-222 130mm gun.

http://worlddefensereview.blogspot.com/ ... d-air.html

http://defense-update.com/products/m/Monolit-B.htm

orca

Post by orca »

Steiner131416

Post by Steiner131416 »

Hi,
I see some shortcomings in # 836 AV-8BHarrier II + [Night Atack] - Spain (Navy), 2002:

Missing: MK-84, GBU-12, GBU-16 and GBU-38.
The AN / ALQ 164 DECM Pod should be the AN / ALQ-167 Pod.

You can see this in the ArmadaPortal web. I can´t link it until my tenth post... ;).

Thank you very much
Steiner131416

Post by Steiner131416 »

Alike, in the ejercitodelaire.mde web you can see that the F-5 of the Spain(Air Force)at present, carry the AIM-9JULI Sidewinder not the AIM-9N SideWinder and his use is Advanced Trainer.

Thanks
Steiner131416

Post by Steiner131416 »

On the page 768 of the "Revista de Aeronáutica y Astronaútica nº 827", official magazine of the spanish Ejercito del Aire, they say about EF-18M that, at present, can carry also:

AIM-120C AMRAAM
EGBU-16 (Mk 83) Enhanced Paveway
GBU-10
GBU-16
GBU-24

Thanks
orca

Post by orca »

There is now a wiki page for china type 055. While there are still a lot of unknowns, if it's in wiki it must be at least close to accurate:)

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Type_055_destroyer
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

All requests from my last post logged!

Thanks guys!

Mike
MR_BURNS2

Post by MR_BURNS2 »

Sea Harrier FA.2 has no external guns, but carries the 2 gunpods on external fuselage stations. These are the same that carry 2 AMRAAM´s, the following loadouts would have to fly without guns:

A/A: AIM-120B AMRAAM, Standard CAP
(Air Superiority, BVR) 2x AIM-120B AMRAAM
2x AIM-9M Sidewinder
2x 190 ImpG Drop Tank

A/A: AIM-120B AMRAAM, Heavy
(Air Superiority, BVR) 2x AIM-120B AMRAAM
4x AIM-9M Sidewinder
2x 190 ImpG Drop Tank

A/A: AIM-120B AMRAAM, Max Long-Range AAMs
(Air Superiority, BVR) 4x AIM-120B AMRAAM
2x 190 ImpG Drop Tank

Google also shows many images with just 2 AMRAAM or AIM-9M + 2 tanks + 2 Guns

Reference: Google Image search
Windows 7 64; Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.7GHz; 6144MB RAM; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970;

Vici Supreme

Post by Vici Supreme »

I'd like to request some Chinese Coast Guard vessels in case those haven't been added to the list yet.

1,000t-class Type-I Cutter operated by CCG/CMS

1,000t-class Type-II Cutter operated by CCG/CMS

1,500t-class Cutter operated by CMS

3,000t-class CSA 5/5 Look out vessel operated by CCG/CMS

3,000t-class Patrol Vessel Haixun 31 of MSA

Haixun 01 Patrol Vessel of MSA

http://www.globalsecurity.org/intell/world/china/cms-equipment.htm
http://www.globalsecurity.org/intell/world/china/ccg-equipment-list.htm

Really like to see them coming to the game but I don't expect any miracles here. Trying to get information on sensors and armament nearly seemed impossible. Will post if I find something.

Thanks

Supreme
Anathema

Post by Anathema »

I think there is a mistake with the Australian Canberra class LHDs. The aircraft facilities now include open parking for 22 large aircraft in addition to the hangar for 12 medium aircraft, the elevators and flight deck, which doesn't seem right. They can use the vehicle deck to expand hangar space, but a 500% increase in capacity and the open parking suggests that is an error.

The flight deck also should have spots for 6 helicopters, not 5. Reference available here on the RAN website that includes an overhead view of the flightdeck.

Edit: I am guessing it is a typo and should be open parking for 2 large aircraft.

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”