New counters mod for base game and dlc's

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario, art and sound modding and the game editor for Unity of Command.

Moderator: 2xPelin

adrianoku

New counters mod for base game and dlc's

Post by adrianoku »

***** LINK UPDATED 04/MARCH/2021 *****

Hi everyone, this is my first work , I feel better with nato counters style.

EDIT: images and links updated to version 2.0

Link for base game only: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BylNkm ... sp=sharing

Link for download UoC BT only icons:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bnsnZq ... sp=sharing

Link for Red Turn icon pack : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Mceyqt ... sp=sharing

Link for the complete set of counters for base game and the two dlc's : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NsTzwV ... sp=sharing

How to install:

One method:

1) Make a backup of the original icons which are in the game directory in the data\unit_rot folder for the base game, and in the dlc
folder for BT and RT
2) unzip my mods directly in the game directory and confirm the overwrite of the original counters ( if you didn't make a backup you will not return to the
original icons other way than re-installing the game.
3) Launch the game and enjoy!

Method two:
The best way is to use JSGME ( Generic Mod Enable ), download it ( http://www.slitherine.com/forum/downloa ... 4aa0c43c40 ) and install in the same directory as UoC is.
In this folder ( the one of UoC ) you'll see all the subfolders of the game and the jsgme.exe file, here create the MODS folder in which you have to create another folder where you can copy the unzipped folder of my
mods, so you'll have a structure like this:

c:\Program files\matrixgames...etc...\Unity of Command\Mods\UoC BT icon pack and
c:\Program files\matrixgames...etc...\Unity of Command\Mods\UoC gatto icon pack

Launch JSGME, in the left panel you'll see the available mods, select them and click the right arrow to eneble them.
Then launch the game.
If you don't like the new icon close the game and in JSgme disable the mod, in this way all the original busts icons are reinstalled.

Attachments
sample uoc.jpg
sample uoc.jpg (85.17 KiB) Viewed 1017 times
Windows 7 pro 64
Intel I7 870 2.93Ghz Quad core
8 Gb DD3
NVIDIA GTX460
adrianoku

RE: New counters mod for base game

Post by adrianoku »

ingame sample:

Attachments
uoc sample ingame.jpg
uoc sample ingame.jpg (48.18 KiB) Viewed 1018 times
Windows 7 pro 64
8 Gb DD3
NVIDIA GTX460
tombo

Post by tombo »

NICE work...thanks for sharing.
adrianoku

Post by adrianoku »

New ( and better ) counters for BT I'm working on

Attachments
Sample.jpg
Sample.jpg (101.58 KiB) Viewed 1016 times
Windows 7 pro 64
8 Gb DD3
NVIDIA GTX460
adrianoku

Post by adrianoku »

As promised the link of the icon pack for UoC Black turn ONLY !
Next step is to upgrade the icon pack for the base game to the new style of this one
and the go for red turn.

UoC BT only counters:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0e84i ... sp=sharing
Windows 7 pro 64
8 Gb DD3
NVIDIA GTX460
Richie61

Post by Richie61 »

Very nice! Thanks for sharing the files!
To fight and conquer in all our battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.

Sun Tzu

adrianoku

Post by adrianoku »

Thank you! I've now updated also the counters of the base game.
I'll work on the red turn counters now...
Windows 7 pro 64
8 Gb DD3
NVIDIA GTX460
Noypi53

Post by Noypi53 »

Looks great! Are these icons usable for the Mac version? If yes, how do we install them?
adrianoku

Post by adrianoku »

Don't know the structure of the game for Mac so I can't answer your question. In windows there are some subfolders of the game which contains the graphic files for the counters.
In the first post I've added instructions for installation (for windows OS ), please make sure to backup your files before overwriting with mine, or use Generic mod enabler which will do the work for you.
This is only a graphical mod, the gameplay it's not been touched in any way, so if you find where these graphic files are in the MAC and if they are in .png format probably you'll be able to replace them with these one.

One method:

1) Make a backup of the original icons which are in the game directory in the data\unit_rot folder for the base game, and in the dlc
folder for BT and RT
2) unzip my mods directly in the game directory and confirm the overwrite of the original counters ( if you didn't make a backup you will not return to the
original icons other way than re-installing the game.
3) Launch the game and enjoy!

Method two:
The best way is to use JSGME ( Generic Mod Enable ), download it and install in the same directory as UoC is.
In this folder ( the one of UoC ) you'll see all the subfolders of the game and the jsgme.exe file, here create the MODS folder in which you can copy the unzipped folder of my ( or other )
mods, so you'll have a structure like this:

c:\Program files\matrixgames...etc...\Unity of Command\Mods\UoC BT icon pack and
c:\Program files\matrixgames...etc...\Unity of Command\Mods\UoC gatto icon pack

Launch JSGME, in the left panel you'll see the available mods, select them and click the right arrow to eneble them.
Then launch the game.
If you don't like the new icon close the game and in JSgme disable the mod, in this way all the original busts icons are reinstalled.
Windows 7 pro 64
8 Gb DD3
NVIDIA GTX460
Noypi53

Post by Noypi53 »

I was able to install gattok's icons for the base game on UoC's Mac version. Using Finder, right click on the UoC app & click Show Package Contents. Finder will show a Contents folder.

Click on that & go to the data folder (Content>Resources>data). In the data folder, you'll find the unit_rot folder. I renamed that unit_rot_orig & then copied/pasted gattok's unit_rot folder to the data folder.

Ran the game & the unit icons were now in the NATO format. Will now try to install the BT icons.

Thanks, gattock, for the great looking icons.
adrianoku

Post by adrianoku »

I've found a little "bug" in the BT icon pack related only to the ss motorized counters, fixed and uploaded.
Thank you Noypi53 for the test on Mac, so it work on Mac also.
Windows 7 pro 64
8 Gb DD3
NVIDIA GTX460
Noypi53

Post by Noypi53 »

Hi gattok!

Wanted to install your updated BT icons but got this message from Google Drive:

Too many users have viewed or downloaded this file recently. Please try accessing the file again later. If the file you are trying to access is particularly large or is shared with many people, it may take up to 24 hours to be able to view or download the file. If you still can't access a file after 24 hours, contact your domain administrator.

Will try again in 24 hrs, I guess.

I was able to install the previous version of the BT icons & it works. For Mac users, use Finder to go to your Applications folder. You'll see a UoC BT folder. Click on that folder & there will be a data folder. It will have the unit_rot folder. You can see my previous post above on what I did with the base game. Same procedure.
adrianoku

Post by adrianoku »

ORIGINAL: Noypi53

Hi gattok!

Wanted to install your updated BT icons but got this message from Google Drive:

Too many users have viewed or downloaded this file recently. Please try accessing the file again later. If the file you are trying to access is particularly large or is shared with many people, it may take up to 24 hours to be able to view or download the file. If you still can't access a file after 24 hours, contact your domain administrator.

Will try again in 24 hrs, I guess.

I was able to install the previous version of the BT icons & it works. For Mac users, use Finder to go to your Applications folder. You'll see a UoC BT folder. Click on that folder & there will be a data folder. It will have the unit_rot folder. You can see my previous post above on what I did with the base game. Same procedure.

Ouch! Didn't know this limit of googledrive, let me know if you have problems again. However I'll try to have the time to make it possible the download from my site ... work in progress [:)]
Windows 7 pro 64
8 Gb DD3
NVIDIA GTX460
Noypi53

Post by Noypi53 »

ORIGINAL: gattok

Ouch! Didn't know this limit of googledrive, let me know if you have problems again. However I'll try to have the time to make it possible the download from my site ... work in progress [:)]

No worries. I've got some work issues that'll keep me busy today. I'll try to update the icons tonight or tomorrow & keep you posted.
adrianoku

Post by adrianoku »

Ok now the last chapter finished!

Here the Red Turn icon pack : https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0e84i ... sp=sharing

and here the complete set of counters for base game and the two dlc's : https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0e84i ... sp=sharing

and thi is the sample of the RT pack:

Attachments
RT sample.jpg
RT sample.jpg (130.99 KiB) Viewed 1055 times
Windows 7 pro 64
8 Gb DD3
NVIDIA GTX460
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

Thanks for sharing, excellent work!
Noypi53

Post by Noypi53 »

Hi gattok!

Just to let you know that all your icons can be installed on the Mac version of the game / DLCs as well. Great work!
adrianoku

Post by adrianoku »

Thank you to all of you !
Windows 7 pro 64
8 Gb DD3
NVIDIA GTX460
adrianoku

Post by adrianoku »

Renewed links in the first post