Oil Reorganization Interface Issue

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

tacfire

Oil Reorganization Interface Issue

Post by tacfire »

I have a small request:

Can we widen the Oil Reorganization Screen so that we can fully read the 'Destinations Hexes" of all the oil resources listed in the window?
Sometimes, I can not tell where the resources are going to because the screen is to narrow, and it chops off the end of the text box (see picture below)

Also, please note: my computer screen font size is already set to 100%. This is not the issue here.
This is the only window in the game where I have this issue, and I have had this issue since I purchased the game.

I know it is a minor issue, but sometimes I need to know where an oil resources is going to properly manage my oil resources while I am spending my oil points.
My computer's screen resolution is 1920 x 1200.

Attachments
Interface_..eorganiz.jpg
Interface_..eorganiz.jpg (390.54 KiB) Viewed 23 times
tacfire

RE: Oil Reorganization Interface Issue

Post by tacfire »

And here is a game save if it is needed.
Attachments
Interface_..nization.zip
(1.59 MiB) Downloaded 5 times
Omnius

Post by Omnius »

I second this request. I too wish the Destinations screen were adjustable or wider so we can read the whole line to know exactly which oil resource we're working with.

Omnius
Shannon V. OKeets

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

Widening the grid probably isn't feasible. I need to keep all the forms within 1024 by 768 for players with smaller monitors.

But I should be able to reduce the verbiage for each line:
- Saved and Resource appear twice which isn't necessary.
- Abbreviating United States to US, would help a lot. The same should be done for other countries too.

I have some routines already written for displaying hex names using fewer characters, so this should not be difficult to do.
Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.
Shannon V. OKeets

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

This took me 10 minutes to fix, plus 5 for making the screenshots.

If a location has an associated name, then the country isn't shown.

When the location doesn't have a name (e.g., not a city or a port), then the country name abbreviation is shown. You can see that at the bottom of the US list.

There are still some locations with long names that run off the row to the right, but I don't think that matters much. If you have the name of the city.port, you'll know where it is headed.

Some minor country abbreviations might not be immediately obvious, but most of them aren't too hard to figure out (e.g., PER at the bottom of the USSR list.

Attachments
MTL2909A..fication.jpg
MTL2909A..fication.jpg (306.69 KiB) Viewed 23 times
Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.
Omnius

Looks Better

Post by Omnius »

Shannon,
Those new screenshots look better than before. The biggest problem came when there is more than one resource in a hex and perhaps one is being sent to production while the other is being saved. It was impossible before to figure out which was which and we just had to hope we picked the correct one. Now with the shortened names we can see where the resource is going. I'll look forward to checking this out further when I start my next game using the oil rules now that 1.215 has improved using the oil rules.

A shame you couldn't throw a slider into the box so we could manipulate the data field back and forth to read the whole text.

Omnius

Return to “Tech Support”