Replenishment air groups

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Ormbane

Replenishment air groups

Post by Ormbane »

I notice in the editor that some air groups which appear on CVEs are marked with "replenish" checked. What does this do? If one of these planes crashed or is shot down what happens? Is the plane replaced from the pool or not? What happens if I land the air group or transfer it to another ship? When inspecting the air group in the game it is indicated as a replenishment group - how is this any different than any other group as far as game mechanics go?
BattleMoose

RE: Replenishment air groups

Post by BattleMoose »

I *think* they are supposed to replenish airgroups on the fleet carriers. No idea how this mechanic works.
jcjordan

Post by jcjordan »

They replenish airgroups at sea if in flight range of them - meaning say VF6 needs 5 a/c & it's at sea far from a port & the CV is in flight range of the CVE you can "pull" 5 a/c to VF6 so it comes up to strength & the replenishment loses 5 a/c so will have to replace these when it gets to a proper port. It must be of the same a/c though. As long as you don't go over the capacity of the CVE (normally you'd have to remove one of the groups to land), you can use the remaining group on the CVE just like a normal unit meaning it can fly missions as long as you're not over the CVE a/c capacity
jmalter

Post by jmalter »

The Replenishment groups based on CVEs must be in a Replenishment TF, in order to function. They'll also work while land-based.
geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

If you use a replenishment group for training, or one of it's thirds, keep them away from anywhere CVs might show up needing replacements of both crews and aircraft. If you don't you'll have raw trainees on your CVs. The value of them is a very quick turn around after a carrier battle. Place them wisely. You may be training the crews, but they should be in the +60 range in the appropriate specialties. The CVs will draw from them if they're in flight range, they don't have to be in the same hex.

margeorg

Post by margeorg »

I highly assume that the answer is "no", but I´ll ask anyway :) : Do they work also if the CVE is disbanded in port?
Cheers
Martin
jmalter

Post by jmalter »

ORIGINAL: margeorg
I highly assume that the answer is "no", but I´ll ask anyway :) : Do they work also if the CVE is disbanded in port?
You assume correctly - a CVE w/ VRF airgroup(s) embarked must be in a ReplTF. Alternately, the VRF group can be land-based. When a CV airgroup needs replacement aircraft, it will draw from a VRF group if that group is in normal flight range & has the same airframe. The CV group will also draw replacement pilots at the same time, but only enough to fill the pilot req'ment to 100%, it won't fill out the airgroup to 133% pilots.
m10bob

Post by m10bob »

If you land base the flight units themselves, you may then assign other carrier capable units to those CVE's, resize them to fit the ships and after a time, they will become "carrier-trained"..
I use CVE's to protect convoys, assigning the on board bombers to ASW and search duties..

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”