1.2.1.2 Missing Land Move Undo

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

BrianSchick

1.2.1.2 Missing Land Move Undo

Post by BrianSchick »

Hi,

I am moving land units, and find the undo option missing from the right-click menu. The undo all from the Command menu still works.
Brian M. Schick
Shannon V. OKeets

RE: 1.2.1.2 Missing Land Move Undo

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

ORIGINAL: BrianSchick

Hi,

I am moving land units, and find the undo option missing from the right-click menu. The undo all from the Command menu still works.
The order in which you move units may prevent some of the earlier moves from being Undone unless you first Undo some of the later moves.

This mostly depends on supply. If you move an HQ, you could put some new units in supply and then move those units without suffering the effects of moving an OOS unit. If the program let you Undo the HQ's move freely, the move by the other units would have been a 'cheat'.

Undo All works because the program Undoes the moves in the correct order.

This also comes up in Rail Movement where the ability to move by rail can be affected by the movement of other units earlier in the phase.
Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.
BrianSchick

Post by BrianSchick »

I was moving an Egyptian Terr, and didn't see the undo. I moved it, and then looked for the undo before moving another piece. It wasn't there.

I see the undo for the Rum Cav. I will try to reproduce the event.
Brian M. Schick
Shannon V. OKeets

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

ORIGINAL: BrianSchick

I was moving an Egyptian Terr, and didn't see the undo. I moved it, and then looked for the undo before moving another piece. It wasn't there.

I see the undo for the Rum Cav. I will try to reproduce the event.
If a move causes the other side to have to make a decision (e.g., rebase an overrun unit) or otherwise affects the other side (e.g., a die roll occurs), then undoing the move is not permitted.
Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

Return to “Tech Support”