Stuff I still dont know

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Mike McCreery

Stuff I still dont know

Post by Mike McCreery »

Been playing for over a year now and there are things I just dont know.

Sometimes the aviation support at a base is increased or doubled. What causes the increase?

Someone mentioned setting a surface task force to the location with the amphibious troops following. They indicated that it would protect the troops better than the other way around. Is that true? Should all amphib assaults have the surface task force with the destination set and the troops following?

I have been having LOTS of fun with the larger radar pieces for base groups. Is there some information somewhere on what is required to unload those large beasts? Does it depend upon the ship it is loaded upon or just the size and naval support at the receiving base?

Thanks in advance!
wdolson

RE: Stuff I still dont know

Post by wdolson »

Air support doubles when an air base reaches size 8.

If there are large devices that won't unload, enlarge he port or move in some naval support.

Bill
WitP AE - Test team lead, programmer
btd64

Post by btd64 »

ORIGINAL: Wargmr

Been playing for over a year now and there are things I just dont know.

Sometimes the aviation support at a base is increased or doubled. What causes the increase?

[:)]Not sure about this one. Did read somewhere that it does.

Someone mentioned setting a surface task force to the location with the amphibious troops following. They indicated that it would protect the troops better than the other way around. Is that true? Should all amphib assaults have the surface task force with the destination set and the troops following?

[:)]Can't explain this. I have many different TF set ups depending on what the target is. I use recon to see what is there, or at least get an idea. Then design the TF's to fit the mission.

I have been having LOTS of fun with the larger radar pieces for base groups. Is there some information somewhere on what is required to unload those large beasts? Does it depend upon the ship it is loaded upon or just the size and naval support at the receiving base?

[:)]Naval support squads. Must have them to unload large items.

Thanks in advance!
Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
New Game Development Team

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton
rook749

Post by rook749 »

ORIGINAL: wdolson

Bill

Wow I did not know that!
Spidery

Post by Spidery »

ORIGINAL: rook749

ORIGINAL: wdolson

Bill

Wow I did not know that!

Change made in Beta, not present in official patch version.
wdolson

Post by wdolson »

At this point the last official patch was a while ago. A lot of changes have been made in the last year or so. This was a included a few betas back.

Bill
John Lansford

Post by John Lansford »

My base at Koumac is a level 8 airbase with 11,000 supply points and adequate airbase support. All the air units have their withdraw and disband commands in red. Akyab has 7300 supply points and the air units there also have red withdraw/disband labels. I have other bases with less supply that do not have these indicators; for example, Horn Island had less than 500 supply and the air unit isn't in red; neither is Cairns with 4700 supply. What is causing the red indicator to come on?
wdolson

Post by wdolson »

When supply is below 20,000 at a base, withdrawing or disbanding an air unit results in the loss of all aircraft, though the pilots are saved. This is indicated with red text. If you try to disband or withdraw, you will get a pop up message telling you this too.

Bill
btd64

Post by btd64 »

I believe its a combination of base size, and supply. The combinations i'm not sure of. But as Bill said, 20K supply at the base does allow withdrawal without loss of aircraft, as long as they are not disabled. Not sure if the proximity of enemy LCU's have any effect....GP

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester

Alfred

Post by Alfred »

ORIGINAL: General Patton

I believe its a combination of base size, and supply. The combinations i'm not sure of. But as Bill said, 20K supply at the base does allow withdrawal without loss of aircraft, as long as they are not disabled. Not sure if the proximity of enemy LCU's have any effect....GP

Why would proximity of enemy LCUs have an effect?

Alfred
btd64

Post by btd64 »

ORIGINAL: Alfred

ORIGINAL: General Patton

Why would proximity of enemy LCUs have an effect?

Alfred

Because I've seen it have effects on a few other aspects of the game, thus the "I'm not sure" part of the post. And I could not find anything within this forum to confirm or deny that thought....GP

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester

John Lansford

Post by John Lansford »

The 20k supply limit isn't absolute, then. As I mentioned earlier, Horn Island and Cairns are both well below 20k and I can withdraw/disband units there without penalty. Horn is also a level 2 airbase with 500 supply, while Koumac is a level 8 with 11k supply.

Return to “The War Room”