How hard would it be to make a Middle East Mod?

The new Cold War turned hot wargame from On Target Simulations, now expanded with the Player's Edition! Choose the NATO or Soviet forces in one of many scenarios or two linked campaigns. No effort was spared to model modern warfare realistically, including armor, infantry, helicopters, air support, artillery, electronic warfare, chemical and nuclear weapons. An innovative new asynchronous turn order means that OODA loops and various effects on C3 are accurately modeled as never before.

Moderators: IronMikeGolf, Mad Russian, WildCatNL, cbelva, IronManBeta, CapnDarwin

SteveD64

RE: How hard would it be to make a Middle East Mod?

Post by SteveD64 »

The Chinese Farm battleground would fit in a large map, I think. How does this system handle a lot of units? I think we're talking 2+ Egyptian divisions vs 1 or 2 Israeli divisions. The German scenarios feature only a couple of regiments.

Nice looking Golan map, btw. [:)]
cbelva

Post by cbelva »

The bigger the scenario the more stress it will place on your computer. Having a computer with the horse power to run such a large scenario is critical. I don't think today's computers could run a scenario with a several divisions. About a division would be the maximum size of a scenario. Rob and Cap'n D had serious concern about a division size scenarios. They thought a regiment or brigade would be the largest today's systems could handle. Mad Russian pushed the envelop in several scenarios and showed that it could handle a division. Just don't expect the turns to move very fast.

PS--Cleveland, thanks for the compliment regarding the map.
Charles Belva
On Target Simulations LLC
SteveD64

Post by SteveD64 »

I guess if you did something like Chinese Farm then you'd have to replace the divisions with regiments and go the [elements of...] the 21st Division route.

cbelva, are you familiar with October War, the old S&T game? It uses one generic map, platoon scale and has two campaigns (one Golan, one Sinai) plus a bunch of scenarios. Looks interesting for this system.
cbelva

Post by cbelva »

I know of the game, but have never played it.
Charles Belva
On Target Simulations LLC
Richie61

Post by Richie61 »

To fight and conquer in all our battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.

Sun Tzu

Return to “Flashpoint Campaigns Classic”