Baltic States Supply Question

World in Flames is the computer version of Australian Design Group classic board game. World In Flames is a highly detailed game covering the both Europe and Pacific Theaters of Operations during World War II. If you want grand strategy this game is for you.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

tacfire

Baltic States Supply Question

Post by tacfire »

I have a question: Do the capital cities of the Baltic States serve as secondary supply sources for Soviet units?

If they do, then I am confused. Please look at the image below. The Soviet unit in Tallinn, Estonia is OOS (out of supply), but Tallinn has a clear Soviet-controlled rail link to Moscow.
The Soviets are at war with the Finns, but the Finnish unit in Helsinki can not exert a zone of control across the Gulf of Finland, right?

Could this be a bug? I am playing with the latest Beta patch. Version 1.2.1.2.

Attachments
Baltic_State_Suppy.jpg
Baltic_State_Suppy.jpg (480.19 KiB) Viewed 241 times
Centuur

RE: Baltic States Supply Question

Post by Centuur »

It looks like a bug. Can you post a saved game in here (zip it and put in as an attachment in the forums, so it can be investigated)?
Peter
Orm

Post by Orm »

When did Estonia become conquered by USSR?
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett
Centuur

Post by Centuur »

Good question, because if it was this turn, than the capitals of the countries wouldn't be a supply source. However, I doubt if that's the case...
Peter
tacfire

Post by tacfire »

The USSR took control of the Baltic States a couple years ago as per the conditions of the Nazi-Soviet Pact. Estonia has been conquered for a long time now.

Also, when I right-clicked on the unit in Tallinn to check its supply souces, I noticed that none of the Baltic capitals are listed as secondary sources of supply in the list.

I still have the game save file. I will post it to the bug report forum later when I get the chance.
gw15

Post by gw15 »

Now that you mention it I had the same problem in my game yesterday when the Germans invaded in 41. Soviet units were OOS in Riga and Kaunas. Soviets took over the Baltics in 1939.
I simply moved a soviet HQ to put them in supply and didn't stop to think, "Hey, they are suppose to be in supply."

Return to “World in Flames”