Disappearing Transports

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

dhucul2011

Disappearing Transports

Post by dhucul2011 »

Using the new Public Beta as of September 3, 2014.

In my stay at sea step I get a couple of messages that "Transport XXXX is destroyed as it does not have a port to return to". That's nonsense as the ones in question are off of the coasts of their home countries. Although I believe that the deciding power (colour on the dialog box) was USSR so maybe it had somehow converted the Japanese and US transports in question to USSR units?

Anyway I cannot seem to recreate this but in the attached save the US Marine that was on the transport off of the West Coast is now floating around by itself. The US transport and the Japanese transport have vanished! There is an error opening the game stating this.

Can my save game be fixed?
Attachments
David2.zip
(1.53 MiB) Downloaded 2 times
Centuur

RE: Disappearing Transports

Post by Centuur »

I can't do anything about it, since if I load the game, it gives the same message as the other one... It's damaged...
Peter
AxelNL

Post by AxelNL »

ORIGINAL: dhucul

In my stay at sea step I get a couple of messages that "Transport XXXX is destroyed as it does not have a port to return to". That's nonsense as the ones in question are off of the coasts of their home countries. Although I believe that the deciding power (colour on the dialog box) was USSR so maybe it had somehow converted the Japanese and US transports in question to USSR units?

Anyway I cannot seem to recreate this but in the attached save the US Marine that was on the transport off of the West Coast is now floating around by itself. The US transport and the Japanese transport have vanished! There is an error opening the game stating this.

In which version did it work? I have most old versions ready to go back to......
Do you also have a save from just before you upgraded?
Shannon V. OKeets

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

ORIGINAL: dhucul

I'll give it a "look-see", but I can't promise anything.
Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.
dhucul2011

Post by dhucul2011 »

Just had my third game since the new public beta lose transports and units on them.

Can we expect a new public beta soon so that we can actually play some games without the game eating my transports at sea?

AxelNL

Post by AxelNL »

Yes
BrianSchick

Post by BrianSchick »

My French transport went missing, and left its cargo at sea! [:(]

I know this is an after the fact bug. I will see if I can reproduce the bug.

Here's the screen shot.

Attachments
1_2_1_2_Na..ugFrench.gif
1_2_1_2_Na..ugFrench.gif (480.5 KiB) Viewed 120 times
Brian M. Schick
BrianSchick

Post by BrianSchick »

And the saved game file.
Attachments
1_2_1_2_Na..ugFrench.zip
(1.52 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Brian M. Schick
dhucul2011

Post by dhucul2011 »

Yes, you will now get an error message when you try to load your game.

Attached is another saved game where the UK transport in the Bay of Biscay can be clicked on but MWIF will not pick it up to return to base.

In the same game you can also see under the Units in Game screen that there is a Japanese amphib that is "moving" although it has disappeared from the map.

The Public Beta is officially broken now. I cannot progress any further.

This HAS to be addressed ASAP.
Attachments
David1.zip
(1.53 MiB) Downloaded 5 times
Spenser

Post by Spenser »

[:(] More missing transports... Got a message that a Jap trsp was destroyed and now the HQ it was carrying is floating in South China Sea.
Noticed that during the Naval move when the trsp picked up the HQ it wasn't recorded as a naval move since i could do two more moves in a combined...
Haven't began returning CW units yet but a CW trsp in Biscaya bay is also m.i.a leaving a fighter in the twilight zone.

+1 on the ASAP...

Spenser
Attachments
2g42MAi7.zip
(1.52 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Shannon V. OKeets

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

Version 1.2.1.5, which is available as a Public Beta, should fix this. Many players reported this problem and I ran a dozen tests using saved games to make sure the changes I made correct this. But I didn't run tests on all the saved games posted for this problem.

Version 1.2.1.5 will become an official release this week or next, depending on feedback from players using the public beta version.
Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

Return to “Tech Support”