Help needed - revised SavedMenu1024.bmp file

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario design, art and sound modding and the game editor for WITP Admiral's Edition.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Kull

Help needed - revised SavedMenu1024.bmp file

Post by Kull »

This is the menu screen for loading saved games - my small attempt at replacing the "With Love" gal. Sadly, it's basically invisible when you try to use it in game. My graphics skills are poor at best, so can somebody figure out what I did wrong....and fix it? Pretty please?

Edit: Attachment now has the working file!
Attachments
SavedMenu1024.zip
(964.53 KiB) Downloaded 10 times
Kull

RE: Help needed - revised SavedMenu1024.bmp file

Post by Kull »

For the curious, here's what it looks like (a jpeg, not the original .bmp which is attached to the first post)

Attachments
SavedMenu1024.jpg
SavedMenu1024.jpg (149.33 KiB) Viewed 18 times
PaxMondo

Post by PaxMondo »

And this is why bench seats are my favorites .... [;)]
Pax
Jace11

Post by Jace11 »

Try painting a single pixel in the top left corner R 255 G 0 B 255, basically the pink colour that appears on ship shils and backgrounds for buttons etc. Save and try it again.
Kull

Post by Kull »

Tried that, but no dice. On the plus side, I gave it another shot in GIMP, and this time checked "Do not write color space information" (default is unchecked) in the Compatibility Options section of the info box that pops up when using the export option. And voila, it worked!

Anyway, I updated the attachment in Post #1 above, so anybody who prefers "front seat girl" to the....um...other gal, have at it (drop the file into your "ART" folder, although perhaps save the existing file as something else first, should you ever want to revert)
DanSez

Post by DanSez »

Nice...

and a belated thank you for the Setup Plans as well. I learned a lot stepping thru those.
The Commander's job is to orchestrate and direct the three major dimensions of combat - space, time and force. Shattered Sword, the Untold Story of the Battle of Midway

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”