Cardboard artillery?

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Flashpoint

Panta_slith

Cardboard artillery?

Post by Panta_slith »

Sorry to bring once again more game oddities, but since I find that certain behaviours seriously harm the game realism, I guess it is better to share them.
Before patch 2.04 I had noticed the lack of effectiveness of British arty, compared with the US' or WP's.
Now I am seeing the same thing with the German artillery. Batteries of six 155mm guns or rockets seem to have no visible effect on APCs or leg infantry whatsoever, for no to say against tanks. It is just like a mosquito stinging a rhino, not visible results. Have the arty routines been tuned sown by any chance?
Panta Astiazarán
CapnDarwin

RE: Cardboard artillery?

Post by CapnDarwin »

No change in arty since 2.03 I believe where I fixed an issue with certain specials bleeding through to all attack types causing most NATO units to hit like ICM for everything and left Soviets more or less alone. I also made a change to better correlate shell size to effect.

One thing we can look at for 2.1 is making a few of the internal magic numbers editable for single player games so you can dial things like arty effectiveness up and down to your liking.

With you observations, what kind of cover do the defenders have? Are the targets actively spotted (white dot). Are you using neutralizing fire? How many defenders are there? There are a number of reasons that lead to the results.
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC
Panta_slith

Post by Panta_slith »

The units under fire I refer to are always spotted, that's how I can notice the lack of effectiveness of each attack. They are mostly in urban terrain, sometimes on the move. I only use neutralizing fire, seeing how ineffective neutralizing fire is, why worrying just harassing the foes? And the lack of results is compared to the WP's or US' artillery (ICM not being taking into account). You can fire German or British guns at will, on any terrain and against any kind of unit, you will seldom see an APC or a leg unit destroyed...
Panta Astiazarán
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

I'll make a sanity check of the data for WG and UK guns tomorrow.
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC

Return to “Tech Support”