German demotorization

Post new scenarios and mods here to share with other gamers.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21, bcgames

rmonical

German demotorization

Post by rmonical »

This irritates me so much I am cross posting it from my AAR. In what universe is this a defensible design decision?

ORIGINAL: rmonical

T116 - the 14PG is pulled out of the line to be demotorized. In the meantime it is sucking up a ton of armament points and AFVs so it can be rebuilt to come back next week as a weaker infantry division with a total drop of 11 morale points (86 to 75). Only in WITE where fidelity to the historical OOB trumps reason.

Schmart

RE: German demotorization

Post by Schmart »

Yeah, but at least it gets a proper allotment of 75mm ATGs! [;)]
Denniss

Post by Denniss »

There are actually two mot divs treated in that bad way, germany losing lots of vehicles, tanks and other equipment. The only solution is a separate TOE chain for these two divs so they get properly demotorized into infantry divs (works without problems).
WitE dev team - (aircraft data)
WitE 1.08+ dev team (data/scenario maintainer)
WitW dev team (aircraft data, partial data/scenario maintainer)
WitE2 dev team (aircraft data)
rmonical

Post by rmonical »

ORIGINAL: Denniss
There are actually two mot divs treated in that bad way, germany losing lots of vehicles, tanks and other equipment. The only solution is a separate TOE chain for these two divs so they get properly demotorized into infantry divs (works without problems).
I mentioned the 36.PG when it withdrew for the same reason.
How about just leaving the divisions in the game as PG divisions (gasp) and if the Germans need trucks, let them put them in static mode. This situation is particularly frustrating because the division is strong and in one of the active areas of the front.
Naughteous Maximus

Post by Naughteous Maximus »

You can fix all that with the editor.
Denniss

Post by Denniss »

ORIGINAL: Naughteous Maximus

You can fix all that with the editor.
We all know that. But a general solution with a special TOE path ending in the 44 inf div would be better.
Denniss

Post by Denniss »

For 1.08 I created a special TOE path and converted the scenarios/campaigns so at least these two mots will not become PzG but Inf instead. One of them will be withdrawn in 44 anyway as it was destroyed in action then. I still hope for a disband option to be implemented in a later 1.08 development stage.
Hyacinth

Post by Hyacinth »

For 1.08 I created a special TOE path and converted the scenarios/campaigns so at least these two mots will not become PzG but Inf instead. One of them will be withdrawn in 44 anyway as it was destroyed in action then. I still hope for a disband option to be implemented in a later 1.08 development stage.

Why would any divisions be withdrawn or downgraded if the player does not loose them in his game?
Denniss

Post by Denniss »

The demotorization was a historical decision, the withdrawal a decision by the game devs.
BJP III

Post by BJP III »

The demotorization was a historical decision, the withdrawal a decision by the game devs.

Is this withdrawal issue the same as the one that came up in the past regarding the divisions that were destroyed at Stalingrad? IIRC, those units were only "withdrawn" in WITE terms if the actually-destroyed unit was, when rebuilt, sent to another sector.
Hyacinth

Post by Hyacinth »

For lack of trucks? If so it could be argued it should depend on the situation in the game or just ignore the historical result as the german plaeyr does not have power to build new units either.

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”