News on Panther Games

Command Ops: Battles From The Bulge takes the highly acclaimed Airborne Assault engine back to the West Front for the crucial engagements during the Ardennes Offensive. Test your command skills in the fiery crucible of Airborne Assault’s “pausable continuous time” uber-realistic game engine. It's up to you to develop the strategy, issue the orders, set the pace, and try to win the laurels of victory in the cold, shadowy Ardennes.
Command Ops: Highway to the Reich brings us to the setting of one of the most epic and controversial battles of World War II: Operation Market-Garden, covering every major engagement along Hell’s Highway, from the surprise capture of Joe’s Bridge by the Irish Guards a week before the offensive to the final battles on “The Island” south of Arnhem.

Moderators: Arjuna, Panther Paul

jimcarravall

News on Panther Games

Post by jimcarravall »

Take care,

jim
joeyeti

RE: News on Panther Games

Post by joeyeti »

I do wonder what the underlying reason is? The statement is quite vague... Not that I see any conspiracy or something, but a few more sentences woudl do only good :)
Joe
vonRocko

Post by vonRocko »

Wow. They don't say who picked them up.
Phoenix100

Post by Phoenix100 »

Interesting. Wonder how the last add-on pack for the 'Matrix' titles will be put out - the med pack? If it's through the new publisher that would entail an odd support situation, no?

I didn't now they did any board games.
captskillet

Post by captskillet »

I'm thinking the last patch episode was the straw, now I know why there has been no info forthcoming on the Med. scenario pack.
"Git thar fust with the most men" - Gen. Nathan Bedford Forrest

joeyeti

Post by joeyeti »

ORIGINAL: captskillet

I'm thinking the last patch episode was the straw, now I know why there has been no info forthcoming on the Med. scenario pack.
Any pointers for a casual reader?
Joe
Arjuna

Post by Arjuna »

Hi all,

I have agreed with Slitherine not to make an announcement about this matter on their forum. I am flying to North America tomorrow morning. So I will be out of touch for a day or so till I arrive in San Francisco. If you need to contact us after that check out our website for contact details.
Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com
Phoenix100

Post by Phoenix100 »

Hope you and Joy have a great 'break' in the States, Dave. Enjoy the trip!
bayonetbrant

Post by bayonetbrant »

Have a great trip, and enjoy some Pop Tarts while you're here! :)
=+=+=+=+=
BayonetBrant
Editorial director ~ www.armchairdragoons.com
Host/Producter ~ Mentioned in Dispatches podcast
All around awesome dude & more handsome than I deserve to be with such a sparkling personality

CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

ORIGINAL: bayonetbrant

Have a great trip, and enjoy some Pop Tarts while you're here! :)
Hahaha. That's right. Dave was quite intrigued by those items at Origins a few years ago. Safe travels.
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC
ComradeP

Post by ComradeP »

I'm looking forward to the "real" announcement.

The CO 2 plans have a delay of about a year at the moment, and I fear switching publishers might result in further delays. Again, more communication with the consumer/customer wouldn't hurt.
SSG tester
WitE Alpha tester
Panzer Corps Beta tester
Unity of Command scenario designer
Perturabo

Post by Perturabo »

I hope it won't mean introduction of online DRM or stuff like that...
User1984

Post by User1984 »

Ah, this explains why no news on the Med Pack. I am hoping that Panther Games is going with Battlefront.com, so that they an partner up on Operational - Tactical integration.
budd

Post by budd »

ORIGINAL: Perturabo

I hope it won't mean introduction of online DRM or stuff like that...
Yikes......hope not
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.
ribaluigi

Post by ribaluigi »

I hope they will continue supporting the Matrix versions of their products. I am not good at this game but I like it a lot and it keeps intriguing me.

Furthermore I am looking forward to see a board game developed by them. "[...] to publish both its computer and board games. [...]"

PirateJock

Post by PirateJock »

Or it may be a reprint of 'Trial of Strength' [&o]
Combat Command Matrix Edition Company, The Forgotten Few
Arjuna

Post by Arjuna »

It is a reprint of Trial Strength
Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com
major.pain

Post by major.pain »

A little concerned with this news to be honest. I only recently picked the game up about a month ago and one of the reasons i picked it up instead of just waiting for Command Ops 2 was because i liked how the Dev was going to implement an upgrade system from CO1 engine and its expansions to the CO2 engine without the need to buy everything from scratch again to play on the new engine.
I hope this is still the basic "plan" as i will not be shelling out a second time for expansions i already have to play on a new CO2 game engine????
jimcarravall

Post by jimcarravall »

ORIGINAL: M J R

A little concerned with this news to be honest. I only recently picked the game up about a month ago and one of the reasons i picked it up instead of just waiting for Command Ops 2 was because i liked how the Dev was going to implement an upgrade system from CO1 engine and its expansions to the CO2 engine without the need to buy everything from scratch again to play on the new engine.
I hope this is still the basic "plan" as i will not be shelling out a second time for expansions i already have to play on a new CO2 game engine????

I'd suggest looking at the "Command Ops 2 (CO2) - The Plan" (tm.asp?m=3310918) thread.

The discussion centered on how Panther should proceed with its development of the Command Ops 2 release and subsequent data packs.
Take care,

jim
major.pain

Post by major.pain »

"Command Ops 2 (CO2) - The Plan" thread a few topics above this one on the forums is what i hope the dev will continue to follow (other than time scale lol) in relation to how content you already own will be updated to work on the new CO2 engine.

His ideas for the future of CO and how to take it forward sounded good to me that is why i bought in now instead of waiting for the CO2 and the new engine.

My concern is that now with the change in Publishers that the Matrix content i now own will not be made compatible with the new CO2 game engine and it will be a case of having to re-buy Bulge, HTTR, ect.

Return to “Command Ops Series”