Harpoon Ultimate Edition or Command: Modern Air/Naval Ops

Harpoon Ultimate Edition is the best and most comprehensive compilation of computer Harpoon games ever assembled! The two flagship products in the Harpoon line up, Advanced Naval Warfare and Commanders Edition come highly expanded and improved from their previous versions. More than twenty classic versions of Harpoon are also included! Harpoon - Ultimate Edition is the most powerful and complete modern naval warfare simulation on the market and a must have for any Harpoon fan!
kojusoki1

Harpoon Ultimate Edition or Command: Modern Air/Naval Ops

Post by kojusoki1 »

Hi,
Im confused. I havent been playing Harpoon for the last...15-20yrs... I read some stuff over the web and it seems there are two major titles:
1. Harpoon Ultimate Edition
2. Command: Modern Air/Naval Ops

WHat are the main differences between these two?

What should I take if my main criteria are:
-the least bugged game
-multiplayer

Regards,
Michal
JSF

RE: Harpoon Ultimate Edition or Command: Modern Air/Naval Ops

Post by JSF »

Hi Michal,

which version of Harpoon are You talking about: Harpoon Classic or Harpoon 3 ANW?

The latter´s development has been halted. Most players have switched over to Command.

Harpoon Classic is still maintained, visit www.harpgamer.com. There are the devs and the players.

kojusoki1

Post by kojusoki1 »

Hi, Thanx for reply
Actually any Harpoon is fine as long as it has playable multiplayer and players who play.
Command has no multiplayer I am afraid
JSF

Post by JSF »

The Harpoon 3 version which has a playable MP is H 3 ANW 3.9.4. I´ve tested this several times in our home LAN.The latest ANW version, 3.11., crashes when I try MP.

So, if You stick to Harpoon, that version is Your choice. 3.9.4 is included in the Ultimate Edition.

Yes, there are still some players around playing H3 / H3 ANW, scattered over several sites. Major drawback of H3 / ANW is that development is halted. It´s a dead horse.

Not sure if You´re right regarding Command´s MP abilitiy. There is a plugin which makes PBEM MP gaming possible, at Baloogan´s site: http://baloogancampaign.com/command-plu ... t-command/

So it´s Your choice.
kojusoki1

Post by kojusoki1 »

Thank you!
That is what I needed
JSF

Post by JSF »

You´re welcome. Enjoy Naval Warfare, with the sim You like most.

Return to “Larry Bond's Harpoon - Ultimate Edition”