.ini file

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

AdmiralSteve

.ini file

Post by AdmiralSteve »

As I understood, if you submit a scenario and the scenario has magazines that were changed that an .ini files needs to be submitted with the scenario file. If that is true, how do I create the .ini file?
Thanks, Steve
“There are no extraordinary men...just extraordinary circumstances that ordinary men are forced to deal with.”
Admiral William Frederick Halsey Jr. 1882-1959

Vark

RE: .ini file

Post by Vark »

Editor Menu -> SBR -> Generate Delta Template

Probably should have SBR renamed to something a little more easy to discover.
Rudd

Post by Rudd »

I'm a little confused on this too, I thought all modifications stay unless a Deep Rebuild is performed. Seems like it should be up to the player/user to do that, if they decide to Deep Rebuild(why?), they can make an .ini file, which puts it back to pre-Deep Rebuild status anyway(mags/sensors/damage). So why do in the first place?

I guess I've never been clear on this.
Rudd

Post by Rudd »

Most scenarios can be rebuilt using shallow rebuild however if there is a complex change to the database you must use the deep rebuild function...
from 81-82 of the manual

I take that as, only deep rebuild if the Dev team says, "we made a complex change to the DB, everybody needs to deep rebuild for the next build". Maybe I'm wrong.

But then it says
...if you're not sure...select deep rebuild
so still confused

Anyways, I'd still leave it up to the player/user to manage, not the scenario authors.

My 2 cents

mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

Simple rebuild just lets you jump to the newest db. This doesn't update any major changes to the db (schema etc). The upside is that magazines aren't returned to their pristine levels etc. and you don't have to apply an ini file or manually refill them etc. Everything you added, deleted or changed is still there.

Full rebuild essentially rewrites the scenarios from scratch which then writes any potential db schema changes to the scenario so you get the benefit of those changes. All mounts/sensors/mags are rewritten to their stated db levels. You can apply an ini file to quickly write then back rather than having to go through and make those changes again.

We always suggest a full rebuild because we really don't know what you did to your scenario[:)] and the full rebuild is safest. We developed the INI to make that process easier.

Hope this helps[:)]

Return to “Tech Support”