Galactic Extermination, and how I am failing at it.

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies and ship designs with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

Vellarain

Galactic Extermination, and how I am failing at it.

Post by Vellarain »

Alright, so I am pretty new to this game but I have been all over it like a fat kid on cake for the last week. But, I have been experiencing this constant issue with my current play style.

Playing as the Expanded race, the Banoserit.

The race is all about eugenics and has little room for useless individuals. So I have decided that in my game they view ALL other races as unnecessary.

This outlook looks great on paper for keeping your fresh colonies unspoiled by ugly, dirty humans and all those other deplorable creatures that pollute the galaxy.

But the major hiccup seems to come with actual intergalactic conquest. When mt troops eventually do hand over the enemy races colony over into my graceful claws. It seems that getting any Banoserit's to actually migrate over to the conquered planet (Yes, I can colonize the planets.) and complete the cleansing process is near impossible to accomplish.

The only possible hindrance That I can see impeding my glorious quest for racial dominance is that I might have to start by enslaving this canker of race before I can properly lance it from the galaxy.

So fellow warmongers, is this means of Enslavement/Extermination required to accomplish my goals?
johanwanderer

RE: Galactic Extermination, and how I am failing at it.

Post by johanwanderer »

You might have to do that anyway in order to make room for migrations.
Aeson

Post by Aeson »

Planetary bombardment and a colony ship is a tried and true method of replacing the populations of colonizable worlds with populations more amenable to your rule, if the implementation of an extermination policy is too slow for your tastes. At least, as long as the colony doesn't have a planetary shield generator (if they do, you may be able to solve this issue with special forces, or you can take the world in a conventional invasion, raze the shield generator, allow your enemy to retake the world, and then bomb them into oblivion). If you're not willing to bite the reputation bullet, take the planet in a conventional manner and tick off a faction that is (the base-game insect-family species tend to be willing to bombard planets). It'll damage the planet quality, but that will come back over time, and the restoration process can be hastened with a terraforming facility.

Also, as johanwanderer indirectly stated, it may be necessary to exterminate or relocate some of the existing population before there's available space for immigration.
Jeeves

Post by Jeeves »

Turn off tourism in the empire policy screen at top of the main view. The option to do that is early in the list of options. That will get your transports moving millions of migrants rather than 5k tourists. In my current game at start of year 12, I just did that since I no longer need to hold my population at low levels to get racial bonuses from conquests. Up to now I have had tourism priority at very high and almost no migration occurred...

Lonnie Courtney Clay
Live long and prosper!

Lonnie Courtney Clay
mllange

Post by mllange »

Nice find, Jeeves. I've struggled with the lack of migration and now (potentially) there is a solution.
ORIGINAL: Jeeves

Turn off tourism in the empire policy screen at top of the main view. The option to do that is early in the list of options. That will get your transports moving millions of migrants rather than 5k tourists. In my current game at start of year 12, I just did that since I no longer need to hold my population at low levels to get racial bonuses from conquests. Up to now I have had tourism priority at very high and almost no migration occurred...

Lonnie Courtney Clay
There's a simple answer to every complex question - and it's wrong.
-Umberto Eco
NephilimNexus

Post by NephilimNexus »

What Jeeves said and...

Resettle all your undesirables to one planet, and set that planet to Exterminate. Extermination seems to work on a % of the total, whilst Resettling is a flat rate based on transport size. Thus killing off that last million on a small planet might take forever but relocating them to a planet where you're neatly killing off fifty million a day on your death planet is much easier, because you're constantly pouring new victims in to keep the total high.
Major SNAFU_M

Post by Major SNAFU_M »

ORIGINAL: Jeeves

Lonnie Courtney Clay

New player here and I have been trying to read and sort my way through all of the guides, etc. At this point I have assembled a list of contradictory "essentials" that I think exists because of how the game has evolved.

So this post caught my eye. So if you turn tourism off, does that mean that there won't be any at all in the game? So that would mean that building resorts is then a waste of time because no one will travel to them?

There are a number of issues like this that seem to crop up because the manual doesn't explain the effects off all of the options, or how different options may or may not affect other options in the game.

Another good one that I have listed, but still haven't found what I feel is an expert answer to is the "Turn off tech trading" option. It that option the global on/off, or does it just mean that if is "off" unless a specific FTA or MDA is put in place, after which the parties of the FTA/MDA can indeed trade tech?

And if you turn this off, then does that mean that the entire funding scheme of tech selling etc is not valid for that game?

Thanks and sorry to expand and side track.
"Popular Opinion? What I suggest you do with 'Popular Opinion' is biologically impossible and morally questionable." -

"One ping to find them all,
One ping to link them;
One ping to promote them all,
and in the darkness sink them"
Bingeling

Post by Bingeling »

ORIGINAL: Major SNAFU

So this post caught my eye. So if you turn tourism off, does that mean that there won't be any at all in the game? So that would mean that building resorts is then a waste of time because no one will travel to them?

Another good one that I have listed, but still haven't found what I feel is an expert answer to is the "Turn off tech trading" option. It that option the global on/off, or does it just mean that if is "off" unless a specific FTA or MDA is put in place, after which the parties of the FTA/MDA can indeed trade tech?

And if you turn this off, then does that mean that the entire funding scheme of tech selling etc is not valid for that game?
Not that I ever messed with these settings, but from logic:

Turn of tourism. This is an empire policy setting, and influence what kind of work your passenger ships do. Or probably, what kind of work your AI requests (so that foreign transport's won't ferry your people in the undesired way either). It should not have any effect on alien races going to your resort base or not.

To turn of tech trading is a game option. This will disable it in the game. From watching the AI suggest tech sales, I assume there is some tech trading between AI empires in a normal game.

Return to “The War Room”