Intentionally delayed movement ?

The newest game by Ageod, set during The Great War.

Moderator: Pocus

Clemena1

Intentionally delayed movement ?

Post by Clemena1 »

Hi all,

perhaps I missed it in the manual but is there a way to intentionally delay the start of movement for a unit ?
I understand that all movement orders always start on day 1 of a given turn, right ? How can I order a unit to start its movement on day 8 for example ?

Thanks
Andreas
vonRocko

RE: Intentionally delayed movement ?

Post by vonRocko »

No, unfortunately you can't.
Toro12

Post by Toro12 »

Clemena1, vonRocko is right, but depending on what you're trying to accomplish, you can "fool" the system. If, for instance, you're trying to make sure all stacks arrive at a specific area together for combat, there are potential options:

1. if starting in the same area, and there's an army in your start area, click the "movement and fighting options" and then synchronized movement; independent stacks in that area will move also and they will arrive at the same time (note that other armies in the same area will not coordinate move)

2. if the forces you want to move together are adjacent to the destination, don't worry about it... MTSG will ensure all adjacent units (generally) will join in the fight; just move one or a few stacks into the area

3. if some of the forces are more distant, then send the closer units by rail by an indirect route (use SHIFT-CLICK to select each individual area to move them into)

Hope that helps.
henri51

Post by henri51 »

ORIGINAL: cassmj

1. if starting in the same area, and there's an army in your start area, click the "movement and fighting options" and then synchronized movement; independent stacks in that area will move also and they will arrive at the same time (note that other armies in the same area will not coordinate move)
So If I want two armies in the same stack to coordinate attacks, how do I do that?
Toro12

Post by Toro12 »

If they're adjacent to the area you want to attack, then just send one in. MTSG will take it from there. But, you can't coordinate their moves together.
loki100

Post by loki100 »

ORIGINAL: cassmj

If they're adjacent to the area you want to attack, then just send one in. MTSG will take it from there. But, you can't coordinate their moves together.

I think you can

if both stacks are part of the same GHQ then you can use the co-ordinate movement option and they will arrive at the same time.

As you say March to the Sound of the Guns is your other tool for ensuring co-ordination but a few things to remember. First those units will not arrive in the first hour (so your lead formation may take quite a beating) and second its not completely reliable - and is tested for each round (so reserves may be unreliable)

Return to “To End All Wars Series”