PBEM Games?

Civil War 2 is the definitive grand strategy game of the period. It is a turn based regional game with an emphasis on playability and historical accuracy. It is built on the renowned AGE game engine, with a modern and intuitive interface that makes it easy to learn yet hard to master.
This historical operational strategy game with a simultaneous turn-based engine (WEGO system) that places players at the head of the USA or CSA during the American Civil War (1861-1865).

Moderator: Pocus

Capt Cliff

PBEM Games?

Post by Capt Cliff »

Does Civil War II use the same PBEM system as Civil War I?
Capt. Cliff
gwgardner

RE: PBEM Games?

Post by gwgardner »

Similar. In CW2 the host passes along a .hst file each turn, the opponent makes moves and returns a .ord. When the host completes his moves and saves, he thereby creates an .ord. With both .ord files present on the host's system, the turn is ready to be played out.

Capt Cliff

RE: PBEM Games?

Post by Capt Cliff »

ORIGINAL: gwgardner

Similar. In CW2 the host passes along a .hst file each turn, the opponent makes moves and returns a .ord. When the host completes his moves and saves, he thereby creates an .ord. With both .ord files present on the host's system, the turn is ready to be played out.

So they are using the exact same game engine. Like huh? I think I will pass on this one ...
Capt. Cliff

Return to “Civil War II”