Stupid Question

World in Flames is the computer version of Australian Design Group classic board game. World In Flames is a highly detailed game covering the both Europe and Pacific Theaters of Operations during World War II. If you want grand strategy this game is for you.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

Extraneous

RE: Stupid Question

Post by Extraneous »

If there is a Public Beta

Will the delimiters for the game be posted?

This assumes that Matrix will have something to differentiate between the production product and the beta product.

University of Science Music and Culture (USMC) class of 71 and 72 ~ Extraneous (AKA Mziln)
Centuur

Post by Centuur »

ORIGINAL: Extraneous

This assumes that Matrix will have something to differentiate between the production product and the beta product.

Is this a stupid question? I don't understand it, so that probably means I'm stupid. [:D]

Now, a wise man once said that if you don't understand a question some asks, don't say he's stupid, but ask what he means instead... [&o]

So, could the honourable Mr. Extranous please elaborate on what he wants to know?
Peter
bo

Post by bo »

ORIGINAL: AxelNL

ORIGINAL: bo

ORIGINAL: Numdydar

I have to ask 'which' AE incident are you referring to? As reading your posts on the AE forum there seems to be quite a few 'incidents' to choose from [X(] I just want to make sure everyone knows the one you consider 'The Incident'. Just for the good of the community you understand [:D]

What is the matter with you Nummy don't you recognize a veiled threat when you read one,[&:] he said let it go and I will do so, my hero days are long gone when I was in the 101st many years ago, now real stupidity is when I joined them as I do not like heights over 10 feet or more [:(]

Forgive me warspite, never will I ever utter anything again about your stupid post. [:D] MAYBE!

Bo

So we can call you ' old Abe' now?
Where you at Hamburger Hill?

The only hamburger I am familiar with Mr. AxelnL is Burger Kings hamburgers [;)]and with them moving to Canada and with Paul rushing over to them to eat their burgers next week that is all I know about Hamburger Hill [:D]

Who's Abe? [&:]

Bo
bo

Post by bo »

ORIGINAL: Centuur

ORIGINAL: Extraneous

Is this a stupid question? I don't understand it, so that probably means I'm stupid. [:D]

Now, a wise man once said that if you don't understand a question some asks, don't say he's stupid, but ask what he means instead... [&o]

So, could the honourable Mr. Extranous please elaborate on what he wants to know?

That makes two stupid people on this post and possibly a third[:D]

+ 1

Bo
Extraneous

Post by Extraneous »

Its a stupid question because it shouldn't need to be asked.

This is not to be confused with an open beta.

A "public Beta" is nothing more than the incomplete Beta software released to the public for further testing.

When there is a public beta the game is usually delimited in some way (number of turns, certain options, no internet play, and etc.).

I am not holding Steve to actually do this or any meating any deadlines.

University of Science Music and Culture (USMC) class of 71 and 72 ~ Extraneous (AKA Mziln)
AxelNL

Post by AxelNL »

ORIGINAL: AxelNL

What is the matter with you Nummy don't you recognize a veiled threat when you read one,[&:] he said let it go and I will do so, my hero days are long gone when I was in the 101st many years ago, now real stupidity is when I joined them as I do not like heights over 10 feet or more [:(]

Forgive me warspite, never will I ever utter anything again about your stupid post. [:D] MAYBE!

Bo

So we can call you ' old Abe' now?
Were you at Hamburger Hill?

The only hamburger I am familiar with Mr. AxelnL is Burger Kings hamburgers [;)]and with them moving to Canada and with Paul rushing over to them to eat their burgers next week that is all I know about Hamburger Hill [:D]

Who's Abe? [&:]

Bo

see

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/101st
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

I have to ask 'which' AE incident are you referring to? As reading your posts on the AE forum there seems to be quite a few 'incidents' to choose from [X(] I just want to make sure everyone knows the one you consider 'The Incident'. Just for the good of the community you understand [:D]
warspite1

Oh I think its pretty obvious...let's just leave it at that [:)]
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

Bo
warspite1

No threat, veiled or otherwise. Just a well meaning warning to those who would bring stupid trousers to this fine forum.

bo

Post by bo »

Thanks AxelNL for that appreciate it

I joined the 101st airborne division in April 1956 took basic training at Fort Jackson South Carolina, advance basic at Fort Jackson and jump school at Fort Campbell Kentucky, not crazy about heights so when they asked for volunteers to go into the signal corp I jumped at it [pun] went to Fort Devens Mass. for 6 months of morse code training.

They sent me to Hawaii for 7 months and then to Hokkaido Japan for the rest of my enlistment and returned home in March 1959. I had a chance to re-up with the 101st, thought better of it and came back to civilian life. No combat thank the lord, I was lucky.

I believe that every United States high school senior boy or girl should receive military basic training for two months after they graduate from high school and before entering college or the work force it can be with the regular army or better yet with the Us Marines at Parris island

Not so much for military duty with the US armed forces but to teach team work. Many of us went in as hot shot punks and came out as men. I guarantee you that those basic training sergeants will change your teenage attitude if you have one within those two months.

Bo

AxelNL

Post by AxelNL »

Thanks AxelNL for that appreciate it

I joined the 101st airborne division in April 1956 took basic training at Fort Jackson South Carolina, advance basic at Fort Jackson and jump school at Fort Campbell Kentucky, not crazy about heights so when they asked for volunteers to go into the signal corp I jumped at it [pun] went to Fort Devens Mass. for 6 months of morse code training.

They sent me to Hawaii for 7 months and then to Hokkaido Japan for the rest of my enlistment and returned home in March 1959. I had a chance to re-up with the 101st, thought better of it and came back to civilian life. No combat thank the lord, I was lucky.

I believe that every United States high school senior boy or girl should receive military basic training for two months after they graduate from high school and before entering college or the work force it can be with the regular army or better yet with the Us Marines at Parris island

Not so much for military duty with the US armed forces but to teach team work. Many of us went in as hot shot punks and came out as men. I guarantee you that those basic training sergeants will change your teenage attitude if you have one within those two months.

Bo

Bo, professionally and private I have great experience with military (edit: naval and non-naval) trained men. They are trustworthy and do what they say. Very pleasant to work and make fun with.
bo

Post by bo »

I was just thinking warspite of the positive side of your post that you have had 29 replies to your stupid question post, if I am not mistaken that is the most responses you have ever had [:D]

Is there any more posts in the offing that might generate even more responses by the elite posters here [;)]

Bo

warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

I was just thinking warspite of the positive side of your post that you have had 29 replies to your stupid question post, if I am not mistaken that is the most responses you have ever had [:D]

Is there any more posts in the offing that might generate even more responses by the elite posters here [;)]

Bo

warspite1

Well its good to look on the positive side.

I'll see what I can do.

WarHunter

Post by WarHunter »

Bo
My stupoid to this thread. [:'(]

Attachments
StupidQuotes79.jpg
StupidQuotes79.jpg (71.71 KiB) Viewed 199 times
“We never felt like we were losing until we were actually dead.”
Marcus Luttrell
Numdydar

Post by Numdydar »

ORIGINAL: warspite1

warspite1

Then I will freely admit that I no longer consider your OP (or you stupid). Because you seem to have been able to hide an incident which you feel would prove your inability to play complex games with other 'incidents' so that to the public it is hard to determine which one is 'The Incident'. So I am beginning to think this is all just a ruse to let people think you do not know what you are doing and then crush them when they take the bait [:D]

Of course responding to this thread at all has me wondering about my own ability to play these games [X(]. As I suddenly have a strong desire for pabulum [:D]
bo

Post by bo »

Bo

warspite1

Well its good to look on the positive side.

I'll see what I can do.

Please hurry with the next stupid post as it seems we posters have nothing else to do lately [:D]

Bo
bo

Post by bo »

ORIGINAL: WarHunter

Bo
My stupoid to this thread. [:'(]

Very good Warhunter, also stupid is some of those surfers riding those waves in Southern California this week [:D]

Bo
bo

Post by bo »

warspite1

Then I will freely admit that I no longer consider your OP (or you stupid). Because you seem to have been able to hide an incident which you feel would prove your inability to play complex games with other 'incidents' so that to the public it is hard to determine which one is 'The Incident'. So I am beginning to think this is all just a ruse to let people think you do not know what you are doing and then crush them when they take the bait [:D]

Of course responding to this thread at all has me wondering about my own ability to play these games [X(]. As I suddenly have a strong desire for pabulum [:D]

Nothing wrong with pabulum Nummy if you are like me with no teeth [:D] About games, in waiting with extreme anticipation for MWIF I have gone back to playing WOT every day. And there is where stupidity is prevalent most of the time.

Why does a man of my age play a tank war game, glad you asked [:(] If I read the New york Times or sit with my wife and watch reruns of Dr Phil and the Long Island medium I tend to fall asleep within minutes, playing World of Tanks and trying to stop a 12 year old from destroying my tank keeps me extremely alert[;)]

In that game Nummy you can be outgunned which happens many times, you can be outplayed by older players who understand tank tactics better than most or you can be out stupided [is that a word] by stupid players who make the same mistake over and over in every game they play, I do not know if this has anything to do with this post started by Warspite but stupid is a subject that I know very well just ask my family [:D]

Bo
Centuur

Post by Centuur »

OMG! Do they even have reruns of Dr. Phil in the US... I've once seen the program here and I said to myself: "never again"... [:-]

People may think that I'm stupid, when I play wargames, but they sure would think I was more stupid, when I would watch Dr. Phil regularly... [:-]

Btw: what's the Long Island Medium? Probably something bad either, but hey: I always want to know what people are writing about... [;)] Or did I just put in a very stupid question... [:D]
Peter
bo

Post by bo »

OMG! Do they even have reruns of Dr. Phil in the US... I've once seen the program here and I said to myself: "never again"... [:-]

People may think that I'm stupid, when I play wargames, but they sure would think I was more stupid, when I would watch Dr. Phil regularly... [:-]

Btw: what's the Long Island Medium? Probably something bad either, but hey: I always want to know what people are writing about... [;)] Or did I just put in a very stupid question... [:D]

IMHO you have never asked a stupid question until now, no just kidding [:(]

Yes my wife watches reruns of Dr. Phil but worse yet she is also watching the Long Island medium. The long island medium speaks to the dead [;)] not a joke her whole show relates to people using her to speak to a dead relative, and they frankly believe her.

Does my wife believe that [&:], actually I am afraid to ask her, but she watches every show, the only intelligent show she has ever watched is Fox News. Of course that is debatable with some citizens of the good old USA[Fox news]If you need more information on these kind of shows I will be stupid enough to relate them to you [:(]

Bo

Bo
Centuur

Post by Centuur »

IMHO you have never asked a stupid question until now, no just kidding [:(]

Yes my wife watches reruns of Dr. Phil but worse yet she is also watching the Long Island medium. The long island medium speaks to the dead [;)] not a joke her whole show relates to people using her to speak to a dead relative, and they frankly believe her.

Does my wife believe that [&:], actually I am afraid to ask her, but she watches every show, the only intelligent show she has ever watched is Fox News. Of course that is debatable with some citizens of the good old USA[Fox news]If you need more information on these kind of shows I will be stupid enough to relate them to you [:(]

Bo

Bo

But watching that kind of shows is fun. We've got a guy from Scotland on Dutch TV who also claims to speak with the deceased. I'm always amazed at how these kind of people can get this to look that it's true. That's really difficult to do, don't you think? So I can really enjoy myself seeing how people are getting cheated... [:D]
I like the magic shows too, for the same reason. Sure, you get cheated, but how?

Peter

Return to “World in Flames”