Do ships still lay mines

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

goodwoodrw

Do ships still lay mines

Post by goodwoodrw »

As the title says. Do ships of today still lay mines, can't seem to find any UK or US ships that lay mines. Is there tactical/operational advantage to lay mines? There are mine sweepers still in the worlds fleets, and also in the games database, however I can't find any ships with mines in their magazines. I may well be blind though. [:D]
Formerly Goodwood

mikmykWS

RE: Do ships still lay mines

Post by mikmykWS »

Iran Ajr (ship #2108) has them although I we've got lots of database work to fully implement what other nation's have. In the meantime if you'd like to add there are minerack mounts available in the db. Likewise for subs I think we have 1 kilo.

Aircraft is another story. We've got many more implemented. You can see the destructor mine loadouts on USN ships as well as mines on Chinese and Soviet Badgers etc.

The game also lets you create fields. Define an area with reference points. Select minefields in the editor menu. Should be straight forward from there.

Thanks

Mike

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”