[Q] Selectable Weapons Control Status

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Pavejim

[Q] Selectable Weapons Control Status

Post by Pavejim »

I have not been able to find a way to tell particular units, group or a side what its weapons control status is. Specifically, is there a way to select the following;

Weapons Free
Weapons Tight
Weapons Hold

This would be especially useful in ammunition conservation. For example, it appears there is both overkill with most Air To Air engagements and/or weapons release at the extreme end of a platforms engagement envelope.

Here is an example;

16 AS-13 missiles inbound to a SAG (CG, CGN, DDG and DD). While the SAG engaged at max range, understandable in this case, it unleashed 36 SM-2's, most of which were wasted.

Let me know if I am missing something, or if you need additional info.

Thanks!
mikmykWS

RE: Selectable Weapons Control Status

Post by mikmykWS »

Hi Jim

If you right click any unit and select any of the hold fire options it will prevent the AI from firing. You can then manually allocate what you wish.

Thanks

Mike
VFA41_Lion

Post by VFA41_Lion »

afaik all units fire 2 missiles at each threat so if the first one misses, there's another right there to not miss.
Pavejim

Post by Pavejim »

Thanks! That did it. Now how do I tell units group to not target/illuminate a target? I direct it to drop the target, but it immediately retarget/illuminate.

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”