Callistrid vs Kaiman (no Kaiman plz)

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and unfortunate defeats here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21

caliJP

RE: Callistrid vs Kaiman (no Kaiman plz)

Post by caliJP »

I have to agree with Flavius things are looking grim for Kaiman
It seems he scattered his efforts in multiple directions and left many Pz units vulnerable, and you did well against that
Against a good soviet player, the Germans need to stay tighter
JP
Callistrid

Post by Callistrid »

ORIGINAL: caliJP

It seems he scattered his efforts in multiple directions and left many Pz units vulnerable, and you did well against that

Kaiman had no reason hooking Leningrad from Estonia. Moved to fast, and without infantry support 6 mot division can't do anything to break the frontline. The area of Narva is bady difficult, with forrest, swamp, and rivers, and the baltic is too big for 4th Pz army. Never worked from that way.
BJP III

Post by BJP III »

ORIGINAL: Callistrid

ORIGINAL: caliJP

Kaiman had no reason hooking Leningrad from Estonia. Moved to fast, and without infantry support 6 mot division can't do anything to break the frontline. The area of Narva is bady difficult, with forrest, swamp, and rivers, and the baltic is too big for 4th Pz army. Never worked from that way.

It looks like Kaiman royally screwed up his opening. In AGN failing to take Venstpils is a killer mistake, because it allows a bunch of units to sail up to L-Grad. In addition, I suspect he routed a bunch of units out of the AGN pocket (if there even was one) and past the Dvina. The best way to get to L-Grad fast is to minimize the number of units in front of you. Conversely, having a bunch of Russians running around in your rear leads to what happened here.

In AGC, failing to make the Bialystock pocket airtight is a big mistake, and is not that hard to do with a little practice.

Finally, in AGS, he did not knock the Soviet front line units out of their forts. I think that is a big waste of your first turn surprise bonus, and it significantly delays the advance of 17th Army in particular.

One question for you -- why abandon Odessa? Even against Germans, it can be a tough nut to crack, and even if the Germans win, your units just rout to a safe port (and you have delayed those german units' advance).

Callistrid

Post by Callistrid »

NO reason to fight. 3 german division is out of war for at least 3 turns. Need time moving from Odessa to the frontline. Plus I can use the evacuated divisions against the active german army.
Callistrid

Disgusting turn!!!

Post by Callistrid »

Here is my first post of T07.

No comment...

Attachments
100.jpg
100.jpg (831.46 KiB) Viewed 83 times
Callistrid

RE: Disgusting turn!!!

Post by Callistrid »

T07 South

So, what happend here? Well the german tried to cross the river on T03, with 3 division, but they was beat back.
Now still try to cross the river, but still hit back.
Around D-town, the weak rumanian lines where destroyed routing several rumanian unit.
Several attack against rumanians, and 2 against german troops.

Attachments
03.jpg
03.jpg (1.77 MiB) Viewed 83 times
Callistrid

Post by Callistrid »

T07 center

Four attack against the german troops. 2 against 34 and 28 CV strong german panzer and motorized troops. In this sector the german lost around 250-300 tank this turn, and won nothing.
The river is still in my hand, and only 7+ (7 detected, and all hited) motorized troops operate, so maybe seems pompous, but I can hold the river for more turns.

Attachments
02.jpg
02.jpg (1011.51 KiB) Viewed 84 times
Callistrid

Post by Callistrid »

07 North

Fall back to the Luga line. The german operating with 10 panzer/mot division in that area, and he encircled 1 soviet division, plus 2 brigade. Men around 20k.

Attachments
01.jpg
01.jpg (748.69 KiB) Viewed 83 times
loki100

Post by loki100 »

ORIGINAL: Callistrid

Here is my first post of T07.

No comment...

does look a bit more like 1943 than 1941 with all those red splodges on the map [8D]
Callistrid

Post by Callistrid »

I belive this game is end. My opponent don't respond.

Return to “After Action Reports”