[No Repro in Build 673] BUG mission editor close button

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Marder

[No Repro in Build 673] BUG mission editor close button

Post by Marder »

...(closes)minimizes! the main window while running virtualbox (fullscreen) in the background.

I think the same sometimes happens when closing the DB-viewer. (no, DB viewer seems to be fine since build 489)

In case of the mission-editor it only happens whan you create a new mission, then close it.
If you select "edit mision" and close it, it does not happen.
Dimitris

RE: [498] Closing the mission-editor-window...

Post by Dimitris »

Closes it or minimizes it?
Marder

Post by Marder »

Closing it, it does not matter if i hit the red X or choose "close"
It only happens when i select "create a new mission".

Oh sry - it minimizes the main window!
Marder

Post by Marder »

ok, let's say: the main window looses focus.
Marder

RE: [554]mission-editor-window close button bug

Post by Marder »

[554] This bug still exists.

Reproduce: open The Basic Air Operations Tutorial -> CTRL+F11 for creating new mission -> choose any type of mission.
Now, if you hit "close" in the bottom right corner, the mission editor closes and the main CMANO window minimizes.
BUT if you hit the red cross in the upper right of the missioneditor-window, only the missioneditor-window closes and the main window stays.

In other words: everytime it use the "close-button" everything minimizes, using the red cross works as provided.

//edit: samen happens whe i have an existing mission and use F11 open the mission-editor then create new mission and use the close-button.

//edit2: thankyou :)
Tomcat84

Post by Tomcat84 »

Hey new build coming? Holiday over? [:D]
My Scenarios and Tutorials for Command

(Scenarios focus on air-warfare :) )
ComDev

Post by ComDev »

Nah its not over, may in fact extend it by a few weeks. Sorry guys but we really needed this break hehe, been a pretty exhausting ride [8D]

We've been catching up on family stuff, summer holiday etc etc and I've also been building a lot of Lego with the kids. Until recently I was the only one on the dev team with boys so (thankfully) we're building all the normal stuff like trains and castles (rather than doll houses and pony stuff hehe). And the last few months also free-hand scale models (1m = 3 nobs) of aircraft such as the F-22 and A-12 Avenger II. The current project is an F-23, which turned out to be quite a challenge with all those angles. Should probably post a photo or two hehe.

Developer "Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations" project!
Marder

Post by Marder »

Ok, selecting a group then opening "sensors" from the rigth side menu, make a selection which overrides EMCON of the mission, then closing it minimizes the mainscreen, too.
Marder

Post by Marder »

I know, it's only a minor issue but it still exists in v.562
Playing on a tablet without keyboard its very hard to alt-tab to the mainscreen after accidently hitting the "close" button instead of the cross.
Please fix it.

ORIGINAL: Marder2075

[554] This bug still exists.

Reproduce: open The Basic Air Operations Tutorial -> CTRL+F11 for creating new mission -> choose any type of mission.
Now, if you hit "close" in the bottom right corner, the mission editor closes and the main CMANO window minimizes.
BUT if you hit the red cross in the upper right of the missioneditor-window, only the missioneditor-window closes and the main window stays.

In other words: everytime it use the "close-button" everything minimizes, using the red cross works as provided.

//edit: samen happens whe i have an existing mission and use F11 open the mission-editor then create new mission and use the close-button.

//edit: it also happens when going to the "o" Order of Battle screen and renaming units, then hitting the red cross from the rename window.
ComDev

Post by ComDev »

Noted, thanks! [8D]

Developer "Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations" project!
Marder

Post by Marder »

Ok, thanks for fixing the close buttons in mission editor- box and OOB Screen. Now the C:MANO mainscreen regains focus.

The last "bug" i found about this is the "sensors- box":

-Selecting a unit and just open and close the sensor- box (F9 or the button on the right side) works and the mainscreen regains focus automatically.

-Selecting a unit and make changes in the "sensor- box" opens the "override EMCON- box". Closing this new box isnt a problem.
But if you then close the sensor- box, this old "bug" reappears and the mainscreen minimizes.
Tomcat84

Post by Tomcat84 »

Here's what I got:

- open the mission editor in a random scenario and select or create a mission
- go to Mission Doctrine / ROE / EMCON
- go to EMCON tab
- Change any EMCON setting, popup: "Enforce EMCON obedience on all affected units?"
- Hit yes (or no, doesnt matter)
- Close the Mission Doctrine / ROE / EMCON window -> game minimizes.

If that is the bug you mean, it is happening in 1.06 but in closed beta build 669 it seems fixed.

So wait for public beta which should be soon I think and try again? If different bug then please describe more clearly the steps to reproduce.
My Scenarios and Tutorials for Command

(Scenarios focus on air-warfare :) )
Marder

Post by Marder »

I think i mean a different bug.

-Select a GROUP, then hit F9 (or klick sensors on the right).
-change one of the three setting so that the box "Override strict obedience to EMCON settings if possible?" pops up.
-hit yes, no or close-button (doesnt matter).
-close the "multiple sensor"- box and the mainscreen minimizes.
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

Not happening as far as I can tell in the current beta.

We're going to be releasing a public beta shortly. Please do check and let us know if its still and issue.

Thanks!

Mike
Marder

Post by Marder »

No issue with this anymore thanks.

Return to “Tech Support”