[A.62] {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe (DW:U 1.9.5.9)

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario, art and sound modding and the game editor for Distant Worlds.

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

Blackstork

RE: {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe - Mod and Mods' Mod

Post by Blackstork »

I found solution to work with for the randomization issue. It makes race CS implementation harder and will require make them x2 of the size .
I continue on CS development as i said, and i will release patch soon which makes all intended gameplay viable, but it may have own drawbacks, which are unknown to me.
I am in better mood right now because of it, but i still really hope devs will fix normal randomization.

.53 will be merged with .52 release, .52 will be cleaned from reundant placeholder art,

Incoming patch notes:
- Temporary fix to randomization process. All is working as intened it seems but character systems are x2 in size now and we have some other issues. Now you can dismiss your leaders and pray for roulette even with most unpredictable races.
- Fix to Laaran Ship designs.
- Some fixes and balancing to Wekkarus and Paratis and Caleph.
Alien Immersion (WIP) : tm.asp?m=3651979
Beyond Extended Universe (WIP): tm.asp?m=3657646
Blackstork

Post by Blackstork »

ALPHA.53

DL LINK:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/nllgt ... r/a.53.zip

This could be installed on .5 or .51 version pack. .52 is not required and included.
See OP for details and instructions.

- Temporary fix to randomization process. All is working as intened it seems but character systems are x2 in size now and we have some other issues with modding complexity (seems no effect on player experience though). Now you can dismiss your leaders and pray for roulette even with most unpredictable races. Seems all races CS working as intended.
- Fix to Laaran Ship designs.
- Some race fixes and balancing to Wekkarus and Paratis and Caleph character Systems.

Character systems are 600-1000 characters per race now... whoa
Character systems inmplemented : 14.
joelR

Post by joelR »

I assume that updates require new games?
Blackstork

Post by Blackstork »

ORIGINAL: joelR

Hello and Wellcome
I dont understand your question.

Please check original post of this thread, in order to install update you need to have the base download. (version .51)
You need to install .51 then .53 update
Please read instrcutions in the original post.
Cheers
Blackstork

Post by Blackstork »

.54 dev blog:

1. Human, Keskudon, Lameresh character systems.
2. Veey & Lameresh UI
3. Lameresh remake (it will be player race with unique stuff without superweapons from start)
4. Alliance-specific soundtracks.
5. Some charts (Ergreagd and Dhayut).
6. Will be provided instead of .53, ie separate update donwload to instal over .51 base.
Blackstork

Post by Blackstork »

Added dev gameplay tips on Wekkarus, Paratis, and Caleph character systems in OP (marked in red)
moved those 3 race text and images to top (before quameno) of race list in end of the OP.
Sorry if my english bit sloppy, our mod team need native english writer
adecoy95

Post by adecoy95 »

not sure why but i just had 47 wars get declared on the same day when using this mod http://i.imgur.com/QQArboX.png

none of them against me oddly, i suspect 47 is the around the same number of empires on the map as well

not sure if a feature but it was pretty wild to see it happen
Blackstork

Post by Blackstork »

As i see wars declared not on you. This is world war where alliances start to fight. As i understand it it is actually cool feature which many people like which comes from Icemanias idea to spice galaxy diplomatics abit. I only re-arranged races within it, added more lore-based spice and created real diplomacy-specialized, manipulator race specialization. (before Beyond diplomacy specialization was just word in the lore pedia entry, now Such-Oos, and soon to be released Humans will be nasty diplomacy manipulators)
If you play with 47 this will be serous memory test.
Can you show your diplomacy screen please?
This is epic world war feel between alliances which makes game amazing and adds alot of struggle and epic feel. It does not happens often. I'd watch Such-Oos race - they could initiate such kind of stuff as they love to pile people versus their enemies.
This is indended thing which went to extreme in your game, and i'd say it kind of luck :)
I'd be glad in your place. It is thing that does not happen often but it adds alot of spice to the game - world wards in 4x games are amazing :P

PS> I noticed you playing Yereni with Human flag. Yereni could have bad time if piled, since their diplomacy suck. Be friendly with your alliance, stick to them, they will protect you alot in this brawl, and consider to help some to your allies if they got swarmed. Stick close to Tairoshans if they are close around.. Try to keep out of it and focus on Red alliance enemies)

Also i am not sure you can start game 47 race game.
47 wars is little, because total quantity of wars possible in galaxy with 47 races is (47*(47-1))/2= 47*23 - 23 times more than 47. :) its just world war... they happen , sometimes.... not every game have one, and since i promised epic experience - my work and adjustments combined with Icemania work and ideas deliver it :)

All aliances can be seen here :

Light Alliance - Good - Alliance 1 - Gondor-esque
Dark alliance - Evil - alliance 2 - Mordor-esque
Red Alliance - Neutral - Alliance 3
Blue Alliance (Yereni belong here) Neutral - Alliance 4
Hostilities: 1 vs 2, 3 vs 4.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
joelR

Post by joelR »

ORIGINAL: Blackstork

ORIGINAL: joelR

Hello and Wellcome
I dont understand your question.

Please check original post of this thread, in order to install update you need to have the base download. (version .51)
You need to install .51 then .53 update
Please read instrcutions in the original post.
Cheers

If someone installs an updated version of the mod. For example - .51 to .53, does it require starting a new game.

Is that clearer? Not sure how else to say it???
Blackstork

Post by Blackstork »

I am not sure, but i think there should be no problems.
Character system implementation wont break saves.
I changed some racial files there though, but as far as i know there wont be problem either.
So i think you should be ok, and you can continue .51 save with .53 (i hope so)
adecoy95

Post by adecoy95 »

ORIGINAL: Blackstork

As i see wars declared not on you. This is world war where alliances start to fight. As i understand it it is actually cool feature which many people like which comes from Icemanias idea to spice galaxy diplomatics abit. I only re-arranged races within it, added more lore-based spice and created real diplomacy-specialized, manipulator race specialization. (before Beyond diplomacy specialization was just word in the lore pedia entry, now Such-Oos, and soon to be released Humans will be nasty diplomacy manipulators)
If you play with 47 this will be serous memory test.
Can you show your diplomacy screen please?
This is epic world war feel between alliances which makes game amazing and adds alot of struggle and epic feel. It does not happens often. I'd watch Such-Oos race - they could initiate such kind of stuff as they love to pile people versus their enemies.
This is indended thing which went to extreme in your game, and i'd say it kind of luck :)
I'd be glad in your place. It is thing that does not happen often but it adds alot of spice to the game - world wards in 4x games are amazing :P

PS> I noticed you playing Yereni with Human flag. Yereni could have bad time if piled, since their diplomacy suck. Be friendly with your alliance, stick to them, they will protect you alot in this brawl, and consider to help some to your allies if they got swarmed. Stick close to Tairoshans if they are close around.. Try to keep out of it and focus on Red alliance enemies)

Also i am not sure you can start game 47 race game.
47 wars is little, because total quantity of wars possible in galaxy with 47 races is (47*(47-1))/2= 47*23 - 23 times more than 47. :) its just world war... they happen , sometimes.... not every game have one, and since i promised epic experience - my work and adjustments combined with Icemania work and ideas deliver it :)

All aliances can be seen here :

Light Alliance - Good - Alliance 1 - Gondor-esque
Dark alliance - Evil - alliance 2 - Mordor-esque
Red Alliance - Neutral - Alliance 3
Blue Alliance (Yereni belong here) Neutral - Alliance 4
Hostilities: 1 vs 2, 3 vs 4.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

aah sorry it took so long to get back to you, unfortunatly i already make progress past that point, however, your totally right about it being half that, however, you can have more than 45 because in my game i set it so independant races could form empires.

thats a pretty cool system, i like it, it is definatly cool to see the wars pile on thats for sure.

i noticed it felt a little easier to form alliances than i remember, so i have been enjoying their benefits for sure. i think the race i am playing has somewhat weak troops, or maby just average, either way i have been letting my alliance friends do the space work and i have been collecting homeworlds, tho one of them rebelled, check out this enormous stack of rebels, their military power is over 150k http://i.imgur.com/fp75jpN.png

one feedback i would mention is that the new ship designs are really great, all the ai are well built and even the civvies are using their full warp speeds, i assume the mod had some hand in that, its nice to see them use some stronk ships. one negative tho is that they are just a little too built, i would recommend reducing the amount of troop transports they carry, because currently they are not leaving anything but garrison on their homeworlds, making them much easier to conquer than in vanilla. personally what i do about this is i edit out troop modules from everything but troop transports, fleets still carry a troop transport and then you dont have all the extra capital ships from the mod carrying around 2 troops each
Blackstork

Post by Blackstork »

The thing that in Beyond races differ more than in vanilla games, and Yereni is arrogant, intelligent and spiritual race which try to avoid violent death and diceases because thye unlocked immortality (immunity of death from aging under curtain circumstances/life style) for their race. Its implemented through game mechanics :
Their con is , actually, the troop recruitment speed , and weak, unwilling to fight troops. They rely on Armor robots, and their generals are very high IQ trained armored armies manipulators. You should focus on armor robots and collect and stack few Yereni generals (they get very hi bonus for Armor trops strength)
Other solution is to get another race which have bonuses to troop recruitment, and powerful troops. Assimilate them, develop their colony and use them as your land army.
Check Character systems in OP and race descriptions here /in pedia. There some options to play through it, but your feedback and feel is about right for one who plays Yereni. :)
Also try to have IR NANI (purity of body) religious leader , if you dont have one - they are most suited branch to rule expansionist Yereni empire.

Also AI behaviour and ship designs come as initial development from AI Icemania's mod, While i adapted, tweaked it for Beyond mechanics and races, Yereni one is made by me - setup and adaptation using base work done by Icemania in his mod which completely integrated into Beyond.
Put attention on what races you conquer, and how you use them. This have very high impact in Beyond since it can provide , for example generals with enourmous troop recruitment speed so it will cover your weak spot.
adecoy95

Post by adecoy95 »

well, i did not mean my faction as much as all of them, most of the homeworlds i have seen only have minimal garrisons because the large number of capitals are scooping up excess defenders. the only reason that one in the screen had so many troops is because it rebelled. either way i will crosspost this feedback to his mod post

i thought about switching leaders, but the one i have is really good, happiness and pop growth are my faverote stats. im building clone bays but i am not sure if they work on armored troops or not either way i have quite a few kerend battle golems
Blackstork

Post by Blackstork »

Ow nice, They defenitely better than Yereni Idols. Kerengd Battle Golems with Yereni generals is effective offencive force :) And yeh, i think you have IR NANI , the same as one i suggested, with pop growth... IR SARY will provide much more happines and other things tho, but the default IR NANI is quite potent.

The problem with garrizons is problematic mechanic and possibility of easy capture.
Seems it is fixed in 1.9.5.8 and Icemania working on it in his mod - tractor beam logic will prevent easy capturing with speedy tanky transports.
Once its done each race will require some own approach to fight with in end-plan of Beyond. I try to make maximum variation between races, their tactics, etc , emphasizing it with character systems
Icemania

Post by Icemania »

adecoy95, what difficulty are you playing on? On Extreme the AI has no problem having large garrisons as well. With Vanilla the problem is the AI fleets have pathetically small armies in their fleets. I can't make troop transports larger (otherwise they are not available early game) so need some capacity on the larger ships.

With respect to the 1.9.5.8 use of Tractor Beams, I wouldn't say it will prevent easy capture with speedy tanky transports, because it depends on how many transports are sent and how many tractor beams are installed ... but it will certainly help.

That said, with the new mechanics, I'm planning to put out a test version anyway. I'll increase the Troop Garrison levels (to 1.5 in the Policy files) for all races as a test and we can see what happens.
Blackstork

Post by Blackstork »

Release .54 may be posponed due some intensive work on Humans which were extended beyond regular setup and generation. I've put some quite complex human target design, and All .54 plan, including Lameresh overhaul, Keskudons, Humans, Alliance tracks and few UI might take some time, maximum week. Because of certain update (overhauling Corporate Nationalism goverment) i really want to include Ketarovs into the release.
Meanwhile, i will really apreciate feedback from players who played current version with any of "Character-system-released" races (14 races, bottom part of OP post). Player feedback, desires, expressed experience is improtant for mod development.
Also if there any desires for certain character systems being implemented, you are invited to book your favorite list in top of my "to-develop" priority list. :)
Blackstork

Post by Blackstork »

Done another Beyond race Alien Immersion package , reposting from Alien Immersion Thread.
All new racial packages UIs will be includied in upcoming A.54 release

1.02.24 issue is done! Beyond Race , welcome electrovore worms

Veey
Blue alliance
DL LINK: http://www.mediafire.com/download/64j7c ... 4_Veey.zip
Autechre - Bronchusevenmx24
Mika Vainio - Cargo
Errisoma - Adejj
Pan Sonic - Ulottvuus
SaffronKeira - Ethan
Suero Wire - Fence

Soubdtrack To be used with Alien Immersion 1.02 alliance system base soundtracks or as race-specific extension with Beyond default track.
dvr

Post by dvr »

Just wanted to say that I am enjoying your mod very much. Just finished a playtrough with the Securans. Which race can you recommend next? Maybe I will try the Veey next.
Thanks again!
Blackstork

Post by Blackstork »

You are wellcome! Again, your joy and feedback makes me happy and somewhat satisfied :P
If you go for Veey be sure you install their audio package as well, to empasize the feel and immersion of being Veey. They are unique race which could be really devastating, but need some serious precision and timing control.
I must say that new Wekkarus is somewhat really funny (imo) if you dig deep... And they do dig deep, hehe
Also Zadaj are fun, being good honorable insectoids is not simple task :P
Such-Oos offer also very unique game, full of manipulation and one-field monster research and milking private sector.
Ergreagd are very insteresting, but alas they are complex and need understanding of what they are, because their gameplay is very special.
Laarans are huge communis evil empire with powerful capital and brainwashed masses inspired by their Chief, and Inspiring Presence unchangible powerful leader is big pro, if you can manage cons of being Laaran.
Any of races which have already character system (bottom of the OP post, actually.. character systems add some spice to the game , more difference to gameplay , more flavor and specialization
Blackstork

Post by Blackstork »

.54 Update planned for Friday-Sat night.
I may postpone it further if need arises, but for now seems i will be able to release it before weekend.

Final Patchnotes:
- Minor fixes and tweaks.
- Zadaj and Archei pedia entry.
- Unique goverments pedia entries.
- Remake for Lameresh race, now it will be playable race (wont have super beam from start of the game) for players with unique super laser "Antimatter Beam Projector" aviable earlier, shooting further, and dealing more damage. Together with their nature (character system) they still will be viable to compete for "Destroy x3 times ships than you lose" victory condition, but obcourse with much more effort, and with need of precise target selection.
- Veey and Lameresh UI Included (advance from Alien Immersion Project). Ketarov UI might be added if all will go smoothly.
- Alliance specific soundtrack packages - for use with race specific 6 track packs from Alien Immersion. (might be released before actual patch release as separate download)
- Alliance chart.
- Pedia Updates with weapon focus (semi merge from AI Mod by Icemania with all corrections made in adaptation into Beyond)
- Remake of Corporate Nationalism goverment
- 4 Character Systems : Humans (quite complex one with alpha for unique character art direction because design deman already some diversion :P), Lameresh, Keskudon, Ketarov.
- New , Beyond, (nice version in-between vanilla and extended styles) race art picture for Naxxilians, as preparation for releasing their CS in next bundle.

Return to “Design and Modding”