suppply?

The newest game by Ageod, set during The Great War.

Moderator: Pocus

freeboy

suppply?

Post by freeboy »

OK.. I get that in france the cities procude supplies and the come in two forms.. plus there are ports and depots and these flow from where they are created to troops at the front....
BUT

If I land troops somewhere like Serbia.. do the brits or french troops pull from the nation they are in if it is alleid? IE no rail net to home? I reread supply rulers and did not see or understand this aspect of supply

(thanks again for a real strategy game!!!
and one with a UI that actually functions!)
"Tanks forward"
Ace1_slith

RE: suppply?

Post by Ace1_slith »

I don't think you can pull supply from the EE. I am not sure you can enter EE territory.
freeboy

Post by freeboy »

OK, lets say I do a historical Galopoli then... how does the game move supplies? Through captured Turkish ports?
"Tanks forward"
Ostwindflak

Post by Ostwindflak »

I would say click on the little globe above the mini map in the bottom left hand corner and select the "show supply" so it highlights the areas on the map which are "supply hubs". If planning an overseas amphibious invasion I would try and capture one of those as most likely your troops will be in supply there. Then all the supplies filter out from that point to other captured regions.

vonRocko

Post by vonRocko »

ORIGINAL: Ace1

I don't think you can pull supply from the EE. I am not sure you can enter EE territory.
So French/British can't enter the Balkans? What constitutes Eastern Europe?
I'm sorry, I love Ageod and their games, but this is strange. No "what if" in this game.
How is Turkey handled? Is it east or west? Can British troops enter Turkey?
Ostwindflak

Post by Ostwindflak »

Well since the Western Entente is the only "Allied" side that can send diplomats to try and sway a country to their side, I would say that Turkey would go Western if it hadn't gone to the CP.
vonRocko

Post by vonRocko »

Thanks Ostwindflak. But what I meant was is Turkish territory considered east or west? If east, then British/French troops cannot enter/attack Turkey. If west, then Russians can't invade/enter.
Ostwindflak

Post by Ostwindflak »

Turkey is a neutral country. It either goes West or Central Powers. If it goes West Russia wouldn't be invading it anyway. As far as Russia entering it with their troops, they probably would not be able to if Turkey goes to the West. That would not be an easy thing to achieve as they are mostly pro Central Powers starting out.
Jim D Burns

Post by Jim D Burns »

ORIGINAL: vonRocko

Thanks Ostwindflak. But what I meant was is Turkish territory considered east or west? If east, then British/French troops cannot enter/attack Turkey. If west, then Russians can't invade/enter.

The only east or west you need to worry about is based on an individual regions military control flags, not on country borders per se. So any CP controlled region can go west or east depending on who moves in and takes it from the CP first. Whether or not western and eastern units can enter each others controlled territory I'm not sure, a dev would need to chime in.

Jim
freeboy

Post by freeboy »

Historically western Entent forces into greece FYI
Guessing and learning is a tough one here.. I wish there where a greater base of knowledge. Seems when I capture ports supplies travel there.. I love the hidden supply simplicity of the game, but truly wish I knew what to expect from this new toy..
loving the learning though...
We nned a
How to on supply!!
"Tanks forward"
Ostwindflak

Post by Ostwindflak »

I would imagine it is more difficult and more management is needed if the "easy" supply mode is taken off. Manually putting supply through to an overseas captured port might be more interesting that way.
freeboy

Post by freeboy »

OK, I am not using the non supply rules.. The settings are normal supply rules, in which the game manages the flow...
We can however create munitions plants and depots and supply wagons... I will check to see if my captured arab port is in supply....
"Tanks forward"

Return to “To End All Wars Series”