Feature request--select nearest explorer

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

morik

Feature request--select nearest explorer

Post by morik »

In the early midgame when the galaxy is still not fully explored (at least for me using a 1400 star huge galaxy), I often get directions to various spots (the blue pings that show up).

I generally manually cycle through all my explorers until I find one reasonably close, then tell it to go there.

There are other times where I want to keep an eye on something, or check on something (e.g., some other empire's progress repairing a world destroyer; once they get pretty close I want to run them off and finish it myself). Again I need to cycle all my explorers to find one reasonably close.

It would be great if, like with the "select nearest military ship" button, there was a "select nearest explorer" button.
Skyjack

RE: Feature request--select nearest explorer

Post by Skyjack »

Good request.

Also, "nearest constructor" wouldn't hurt either.
fruitgnome

RE: Feature request--select nearest explorer

Post by fruitgnome »

And nearest fleet.

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”