Bridges

Command Ops: Battles From The Bulge takes the highly acclaimed Airborne Assault engine back to the West Front for the crucial engagements during the Ardennes Offensive. Test your command skills in the fiery crucible of Airborne Assault’s “pausable continuous time” uber-realistic game engine. It's up to you to develop the strategy, issue the orders, set the pace, and try to win the laurels of victory in the cold, shadowy Ardennes.
Command Ops: Highway to the Reich brings us to the setting of one of the most epic and controversial battles of World War II: Operation Market-Garden, covering every major engagement along Hell’s Highway, from the surprise capture of Joe’s Bridge by the Irish Guards a week before the offensive to the final battles on “The Island” south of Arnhem.

Moderators: Panther Paul, Arjuna

Bobbybat

Bridges

Post by Bobbybat »

Hi. Playing as the US in Eddy's Riposte, in BTFB latest release.

One of the key objectives is to take some bridges and then push across some major rivers. But I don't quite get what is going on with some of them. Attached is an example, being the bridge between the town of Echternach and, on the other side of the major river, Echternacherbuck. I think it must be an error with the bridge - it shows 0% movement for both foot and vehicle movement, even though it is a bridge between two built up areas and links a major road over the river.

Or am I missing something?

And what does the number '9' in the box represent please?

Thanks,
Bobby
Attachments
Eddys.jpg
Eddys.jpg (145.91 KiB) Viewed 210 times
dazkaz15

RE: Bridges

Post by dazkaz15 »

Hi Bobby.

The bridge in question has been previously demolished (blown).
As it spans a major river, it is not possible to cross here in a vehicle or on foot.

You can rebuild it with a bridging unit or capture one of the others across the river intact if you can.

The number 9 is just the symbol the guys decided to use to represent a blown bridge, when using the terrain info tool.
I have no idea why?
Its probably a display error, but will have no impact on the playing of the game at all, other than to confuse new players [:'(]

Good luck mate.

Attachments
Bridges.jpg
Bridges.jpg (75.96 KiB) Viewed 195 times
dazkaz15

Post by dazkaz15 »

There is an excellent article on the bridge on this website, which is also where the pic comes from.

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/ ... th-member/

Attachments
K187_12_zps235d74d9.jpg
K187_12_zps235d74d9.jpg (70.53 KiB) Viewed 197 times
Bobbybat

Post by Bobbybat »

Many thanks Daz. Great forum story too.

Cheers,
Bobby

Return to “Command Ops Series”