Uncommon Valor / Original WITP Scenarios

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario design, art and sound modding and the game editor for WITP Admiral's Edition.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Palm Dogg

Uncommon Valor / Original WITP Scenarios

Post by Palm Dogg »

I'm sure this is a dumb question that has already been asked a million times, but has anyone upgraded the original Uncommon Valor or War in the Pacific scenarios to Admiral's Edition? I see Guadalcanal is on there, but I'm really itching to do the May 1942 - December 1943 South Pacific scenarios.
wdolson

RE: Uncommon Valor / Original WITP Scenarios

Post by wdolson »

The AE Guadalcanal scenario is the closest you're going to get. The data format in Uncommon Valor is not compatible with AE. It isn't even compatible with WitP. So nobody is going to be doing any improvements to Uncommon Valor (if that's what you were asking).

A longer Solomons campaign for AE probably would be a good idea. The idea is on the table if anyone wants to run with it.

Bill
WitP AE - Test team lead, programmer
Bill Durrant

Post by Bill Durrant »

I think the ethos has been that people tend the use the small scenarios as training tools and then jump into a GC. Seems most of the Mod efforts go into making more realistic and/or balanced GCs. There is a GC scenario somewhere starting May 1942 but it has limitations against the AI IIRC
Sunk by 35cm/45 1YT Gun - Near Singapore
btd64

Post by btd64 »

Look in the "Scenarios available for WITPAE" thread by drw61 located at the top of this forum. I believe Big B has produced a south pacific scenario....GP

edit; Also look at "Operation SF Scenario" thread by Symon in this forum...
Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
New Game Development Team

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton
John 3rd

Post by John 3rd »

JWE/Symon is developing what looks like a good ALTHIST of the South Pacific Campaign.

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.
spence

Post by spence »

I enjoyed the short (100 turn) Rising Sun Scenario in the original WiTP. It's principle problem was that the map was too restricted and allowed the IJN to hunt down any and all Allied ships.

There were some minor OOB glitches as well (HIJMS Kaga's first action in the DEI was to hit a rock which limited its speed to 18 knots).

It'd be nice to see such a scenario in WiTP:AE too.

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”