NEW Images/Descriptions - Submarines

Post new mods and scenarios here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

scottb613

NEW Images/Descriptions - Submarines

Post by scottb613 »

Hi Folks,

DOWNLOAD: https://www.dropbox.com/s/pl23t5vjhah4l ... e.zip?dl=0

Well - I've been enjoying Command which seems to rely heavily on the contributions of others - so I figured I'd pitch in with my first upload... The US Submarine section of both the CWDB and DB3000 database seemed to need a little TLC... I created descriptions and new images for the US Fast Attack Submarines from Skipjack through Virginia... Multiple unique pictures per entries of same class...

I've searched long and hard to find the best images for each class of platform... I prefer my DB records with just a single image - without thumbnails... All my images are sized to 1024 pixels wide and I try to get close to 500 pixels high... I've processed them for clarity, color, and size... I like to try to get planes in the air with gear up and ships at sea - to add to the immersion factor... I've spent quite a bit of time on this...

Feedback welcome...

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Platform IMAGE and DESCRIPTION Updates.

FILE CONTENTS:

SCO-DBupdate
---CWDB_SAV - Empty folder where BAT file will copy old Cold War Database Files.
---DB3000_SAV - Empty Folder where BAT file will copy old DB3000 Database Files.
---SOURCE - New IMAGES and DESCRIPTIONS to be installed.
---Platform_Upd.txt - Actual database records to be updated by BAT file.
---ReadMe.txt - Instructions
---SCO-INSTALL.bat - Batch file (executable) to automatically install my mod.

The included "BAT" file - in my attached zip file - will automatically REMOVE - any and all old Descriptions/Image/Thumbnails for each platform it updates (list below). These files will be saved in two folders in the SCO-DBupdate directory. This BAT file will update the CWDB and DB3000 entries...

CWDB_SAV
DB3000_SAV

============================================================================================================

TO INSTALL: Unzip SCO-DBupdate.zip - then move my SCO-Update folder to your "DB" directory to work properly...

Example: SCO-DBupdate - copy to - C:\Matrix Games\Command Modern Air Naval Operations\DB

Then just run the executable batch file "SCO-INSTALL.bat" - once - and it should update the following records with new IMAGES/DESCRIPTIONS:

Platforms Updated (full list of record numbers contained in Platform_Upd.txt):

US Submarine - Skipjack
US Submarine - Permit
US Submarine - Sturgeon
US Submarine - Sturgeon DDS
US Submarine - Los Angeles Flight I and II
US Submarine - Los Angeles Flight I and II DDS
US Submarine - Los Angeles Flight III
US Submarine - Seawolf
US Submarine - Seawolf (Jimmy Carter)
US Submarine - Virginia

The batch file should backup any previously existing files to the respective SAVE sub-directories listed below - just in case you need them. If you want them - SAVE them somewhere else before you run the BAT file a second time - as they will overwritten...

CWDB_SAV
DB3000_SAV

You can remove SCO-DBupdate from the DB directory once done...

============================================================================================================

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

*** NOTE: Command - database owners - please feel free to incorporate my changes in your database updates - if you like them...

Regards,
Scott
CassioM

RE: NEW Images/Descriptions - Submarines

Post by CassioM »

Nice pics and descriptions

It has some images that I did not have

Thanks
Randomizer

Post by Randomizer »

Thanks for these.

-C
ultradave

Post by ultradave »

Thanks for all that work. These are great.
----------------
Dave A.
"When the Boogeyman goes to sleep he checks his closet for paratroopers"
ultradave

Post by ultradave »

If I could make a suggestion, there is some good information about the USS Jimmy Carter, so there could be a different description of the Carter compared to the one that goes with Seawolf and Connecticut.

http://www.navy.mil/navydata/cno/n87/us ... arter.html

(this is a lot of information that would have to be distilled

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Jimmy_Carter_(SSN-23)

( much briefer but what is here seems good ).

The Jimmy Carter is unique. Having a separate description would be great.
----------------
Dave A.
scottb613

Post by scottb613 »

Hi Folks,

Thanks...

Glad it seemed to work and I haven't received any complaints on my batch file - I was concerned I would... I hate repetitive tasks and my forte is is Unix - so I wrote a Unix Shell Script - to actually write the batch file...

I'm making additions - but - I can't use my Dropbox account for distribution - maybe I'll just send the updates to the database managers from here on out...

Hi Dave,

If so inclined - why not send me a distilled paragraph to fit in on the "Seawolf" records and I'll add it in ??? I'll add it in as "VARIANTS" paragraph such as I did for the 637 "stretch"... I made sure the images for the Jimmy Carter - were actually of the Jimmy Carter... Reminds me I need to add a 594 "stretch" as well - by far the best looking boats of the class...

Regards,
Scott
DeltaIV

Post by DeltaIV »

Hey Scott,

why not include them in official community picture/description pack ?
These addons are community built, there's no problem to integrate the pictures or descriptions into the pack that we have now. [:)]

:wq

Tom
CassioM

Post by CassioM »

The Jimmy Carter is a very interesting giant spy submarine and a direct successor of the USS Parche. Incidentally, we do not have the Parche in CMANO database.
CV60

Post by CV60 »

Scott's given them to me, and I'll put them in the next build. I'm hoping to have a small update to the DB3000 images soon, then I'm going to focus on some of the description files.
Hey Scott, why not include them in official community picture/description pack ? These addons are community built, there's no problem to integrate the pictures or descriptions into the pack that we have now. :wq Tom
“Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?” -Abraham Lincoln
scottb613

Post by scottb613 »

Hi Tom,
ORIGINAL: DeltaIV

Unix Humor ?
[:D]

Regards,
Scott
DeltaIV

Post by DeltaIV »

Yeah, i've been involved with dark terminals for more than 15 years :-) [:D]
ORIGINAL: scottb613

Hi Tom,
ORIGINAL: DeltaIV

Unix Humor ?
[:D]

Regards,
Scott
ultradave

Post by ultradave »

I'll do that. Just got back from a long weekend vacation. I'll send you something in a couple days.

ORIGINAL: scottb613

Hi Folks,

Thanks...

Glad it seemed to work and I haven't received any complaints on my batch file - I was concerned I would... I hate repetitive tasks and my forte is is Unix - so I wrote a Unix Shell Script - to actually write the batch file...

I'm making additions - but - I can't use my Dropbox account for distribution - maybe I'll just send the updates to the database managers from here on out...

Hi Dave,

If so inclined - why not send me a distilled paragraph to fit in on the "Seawolf" records and I'll add it in ??? I'll add it in as "VARIANTS" paragraph such as I did for the 637 "stretch"... I made sure the images for the Jimmy Carter - were actually of the Jimmy Carter... Reminds me I need to add a 594 "stretch" as well - by far the best looking boats of the class...

Regards,
Scott
----------------
Dave A.
.Sirius

Post by .Sirius »

Hi Ill check the CWDB and add the Parche if she isnt in there
ORIGINAL: CassioM

The Jimmy Carter is a very interesting giant spy submarine and a direct successor of the USS Parche. Incidentally, we do not have the Parche in CMANO database.
Paul aka Sirius
Command Developer
Warfaresims
Cold War Data Base 1946-1979 Author

Old radar men never die - Their echoes fade away in accordance with the inverse fourth power law
ultradave

Post by ultradave »

Sent PM with USS Jimmy Carter description.
----------------
Dave A.
scottb613

Post by scottb613 »

Hi Dave,

Message received - I'll add it in and send to the DB guys to include in the next update... I've been working on many other platforms and not just subs... I've found that playing a scenario where many of he database entries don't have a description/pictures - really kills some of the immersion factor for me... That dreaded blank database record...

Regards,
Scott

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”