eggs on face for breakfast?

The newest game by Ageod, set during The Great War.

Moderator: Pocus

freeboy

eggs on face for breakfast?

Post by freeboy »

ok..
I am only (sort of) blaming myself!
I just recently bought the NEW re re release of WW1 Gold on Steam...
I bought WW1 not gold.. so now Im buying the similar game, albeit a whole new engine, again!
WHY?
Well, I have a history with this engine and it works and as much as I like the current steam WW1 gold, not from Ageod FYI, they sold the rights to a third party, its not user friendly at all....
So, the game engine has a good track record with me... and the maps look great and noobs seem to jump right in...
So, deduct the 20.00 I spent on Centennial WW1 steam, formerly gold and call it a lesson in wishes un fulfilled..

My heartfelt recommendation?
Get this version, and now for the 5$ off.

This is just in case any one else has been confused... this is a totally different engine than WW1 from Ageod, or WW1 Gold, from Ageod, or the steam WW 1 centennial game, a slightly modified version of WW1 gold, new company tweeked old game. I really like the gold/ centennial.. its just very not user friendly....

Thanks again to our friends here new and old for releasing this type of game....
"Tanks forward"
Gilmer

RE: eggs on face for breakfast?

Post by Gilmer »

Well, freeboy, I can tell you. I have felt completely lost on many Athena titles and on this one, I think I've finally figured it out somewhat. I am enjoying this more than any other title.
"Venimus, vidimus, Deus vicit" John III Sobieski as he entered Vienna on 9/12/1683. "I came, I saw, God conquered."
He that has a mind to fight, let him fight, for now is the time. - Anacreon
Metatron

Post by Metatron »

The WWI Gold ageod game was an adaptation of a board game and was rather slow because it's principle agents were coded like a board game. It was army corps level fighting. A very good game but a slow one, and not a AGEe or AJE engine one.

EAW is based on the AJE engine , that is the basis for ageod games since AJE and CW2. It does have a similarity and uses some very similar off-box regions to simulate the global aspect of the war, but uses the AJE engine for combat and decision making. This means EAW is a division/brigade sized game with much more fluid battles. WWI Gold is much more board game like than EAW. Ageod games don't look all that user-friendly, in fact they are quite easy once understood. You just need to understand the stack building optimisation aspect and terrain/entrenchment impact to get yourself in a good position.
-There is safety in numbers.
-Well there is also death in numbers. It's called a massacre.
ETF

Post by ETF »

ORIGINAL: freeboy

ok..
I am only (sort of) blaming myself!
I just recently bought the NEW re re release of WW1 Gold on Steam...
I bought WW1 not gold.. so now Im buying the similar game, albeit a whole new engine, again!
WHY?
Well, I have a history with this engine and it works and as much as I like the current steam WW1 gold, not from Ageod FYI, they sold the rights to a third party, its not user friendly at all....
So, the game engine has a good track record with me... and the maps look great and noobs seem to jump right in...
So, deduct the 20.00 I spent on Centennial WW1 steam, formerly gold and call it a lesson in wishes un fulfilled..

My heartfelt recommendation?
Get this version, and now for the 5$ off.

This is just in case any one else has been confused... this is a totally different engine than WW1 from Ageod, or WW1 Gold, from Ageod, or the steam WW 1 centennial game, a slightly modified version of WW1 gold, new company tweeked old game. I really like the gold/ centennial.. its just very not user friendly....

Thanks again to our friends here new and old for releasing this type of game....

Ya my buddy did the same thing. He is regretting it.
My Top Matrix Games 1) CMO MP?? 2) WITP/AE 3) SOW 4) Combat Mission 5) Armor Brigade

Twitter
https://twitter.com/TacticWargamer
Metatron

Post by Metatron »

Comparable games but rather different in the game mechanics indeed. Depends on how much you like the WWI setting and it's implication.
-There is safety in numbers.
-Well there is also death in numbers. It's called a massacre.
Gilmer

Post by Gilmer »

ORIGINAL: Metatron

The WWI Gold ageod game was an adaptation of a board game and was rather slow because it's principle agents were coded like a board game. It was army corps level fighting. A very good game but a slow one, and not a AGEe or AJE engine one.

EAW is based on the AJE engine , that is the basis for ageod games since AJE and CW2. It does have a similarity and uses some very similar off-box regions to simulate the global aspect of the war, but uses the AJE engine for combat and decision making. This means EAW is a division/brigade sized game with much more fluid battles. WWI Gold is much more board game like than EAW. Ageod games don't look all that user-friendly, in fact they are quite easy once understood. You just need to understand the stack building optimisation aspect and terrain/entrenchment impact to get yourself in a good position.

It can be quite easy once you get to the bottom denominator. "I need my troops at such and such place, hopefully more troops than the opposing force, with good leadership, supply, and cohesion".

Sounds very easy when put like that. I fail miserably usually. :)
"Venimus, vidimus, Deus vicit" John III Sobieski as he entered Vienna on 9/12/1683. "I came, I saw, God conquered."
He that has a mind to fight, let him fight, for now is the time. - Anacreon
freeboy

Post by freeboy »

maybe I was unclear... or not...
This is a 3rd or 4th generation of the same game...
I should not have bought the steam ww1 game
Somewhere between nightmare and unplayable..
This game plays smoothly and has most of the features of the previous titles... and stop telling me its not the same game!

It is essentially a gound up designed for the computer version of the same game...
So... glad its out, just wish I had not wasted 20 $ on the steam (ing) pile
lol
this game actually looks and feels good, although I am in the noob phase.. how do I do this phase!
"Tanks forward"
mrfeizhu

Post by mrfeizhu »

i thought about getting this game i have some Ageod games and in theory they seem good when i play them it doesn't do it for me. i have spent years playing witp and witpae. i guess i will wait until more people play it to see what others think.
Old man sort of living in China for the last 18 years
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

i sit on so many fences that i have permanent splinters [:D]
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
Pocus

Post by Pocus »

Once you get into stacks and command points, the whole AGE engine is quite easy to grasp.
AGEOD Team
freeboy

Post by freeboy »

ok
I bought a DIFFERENT game on steam that is SUPER not user friendly...
This game is easy as Pocus stated.. just need to learn the ins and outs of the game ....
This UI works well
"Tanks forward"

Return to “To End All Wars Series”