Return of the Sheep! - JocMeister(A) vs. MrKane(J)

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and unfortunate defeats here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Sangeli

RE: Japanese land in OZ!!

Post by Sangeli »

Looking back I realize that no transport ships were actually ever spotted in those fleets...I don't think there was ever an invasion force here. Just an attempted raid and a bad way to waste fuel.
JocMeister

Post by JocMeister »

Ouff, just found out my grandmother was rushed to hospital during the night after a big heart attacks. She is recovering after emergency surgery but she is 91 years old so its not looking good.

Going to try and head to the hospital. Got the turn off to Tom but not sure when I´ll be able to send the next.
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

Best of luck for her! [:(]
MrBlizzard

Post by MrBlizzard »

Ouch, this is a very luck hit for Tom...
Be careful with Sara, with these levels of flooding and system damage it's in danger of sinking. I would disband it to the nearest island to repair the system damage with an AR before returning to drydocks
Blizzard
Sangeli

Post by Sangeli »

ORIGINAL: MrBlizzard

Ouch, this is a very luck hit for Tom...
Be careful with Sara, with these levels of flooding and system damage it's in danger of sinking. I would disband it to the nearest island to repair the system damage with an AR before returning to drydocks
From the screenshot you can tell its headed to Christmas Island. I would probably opt for Canton which is relatively safe right now and closer. Bring the AR there if you have to do so.
CaptBeefheart

Post by CaptBeefheart »

I hope your grandmother recovers well.[:(]

Cheers,
CC
Beer, because barley makes lousy bread.
JocMeister

Post by JocMeister »

Well, looks like my grandmother might pull through. Wasn´t allowed to see her but my mother was allowed a short visit. They warned us though that things can turn for the worse very quickly due to her age. Fingers crossed.

Sara sunk like a rock. So bloody annoyed right now I can´t even do the turn. I dud 4 times on Kaga and 2 times on Hiryu in just 2 weeks. Then a lone Japanese sub run into my CVs in the middle of nowhere despite 40+ DDs and a couple of 100 search planes manage to put 2 TTs into her. And to add injury to insults she just sinks the following turn.

Effing BS.

Lowpe

Post by Lowpe »

Best wishes for a speedy recovery for your Grandmother.

paullus99

Post by paullus99 »

I can feel your pain Joc - most of these new scenarios (with a couple of exceptions) are nothing more than JFB wet dreams that give the Allies little to no ability to do anything on the map, other than take body blow after body blow for the first two years (or more)....and if the game goes into the third and fourth year, the Allies still have almost none of the overwhelming material advantages that they had historically, in relation to what the Japanese are able to field.

I don't understand how people can still played Allied at this point, unless they are masochists.
Never Underestimate the Power of a Small Tactical Nuclear Weapon...
Cribtop

Post by Cribtop »

Bummer on both counts, Joc.
JocMeister

Post by JocMeister »

Its just the bad luck of it. It could have been 2 Jap CVs down but instead I get slapped with loosing Sara out of nowhere. I think I deserve a break [:(]
Mike McCreery

Post by Mike McCreery »

ORIGINAL: JocMeister

Its just the bad luck of it. It could have been 2 Jap CVs down but instead I get slapped with loosing Sara out of nowhere. I think I deserve a break [:(]

Dont you get it back in about a year? I think I read that somewhere... They rebuild them for ya after a stern talking to :P
JocMeister

Post by JocMeister »

ORIGINAL: Wargmr

Dont you get it back in about a year? I think I read that somewhere... They rebuild them for ya after a stern talking to :P

Naah, thats a scenario switch in the editor. But I don´t know of any scenarios that actually have it enabled.
JocMeister

Post by JocMeister »

Got the turn off to Tom. Just ended the turn without doing anything. First time in this game but probably not the last...
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

ORIGINAL: Wargmr

Naah, thats a scenario switch in the editor. But I don´t know of any scenarios that actually have it enabled.
I seem to recall that you don't get Saratoga in her old configuration back, you get another Essex class CV that you can rename yourself,
That could have been changed in updates to the game or mods.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
JocMeister

Post by JocMeister »

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy
I seem to recall that you don't get Saratoga in her old configuration back, you get another Essex class CV that you can rename yourself,

Not Sara but Yorktown. And I will get Yorktown II regardless if the original one is sunk or not.
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

Not Sara but Yorktown. And I will get Yorktown II regardless if the original one is sunk or not.
From the manual:

16.1.1 AUTOMATIC SHIP REPLACEMENTS
There are several instances in which replacement ships may be provided as reinforcements
if a ship is sunk during the game. Replacement ships are generated if the option is selected
for the scenario and:
An American CV is sunk prior to 1944 will be replaced by an Essex-class CV.
An American or Australian CA that is sunk prior to 1944 will be replaced by a Baltimore-class
CA or a Cleveland-class CL. The replacement class is chosen at random.
Japanese Midget Submarines will be replaced with a Type “D” Midget Submarine
Whenever a replacement ship is created, it will be placed in the reinforcement list and given an
arrival time of at least 450 days from the date the original ship was sunk.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
Bullwinkle58

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

From the manual:

16.1.1 AUTOMATIC SHIP REPLACEMENTS
There are several instances in which replacement ships may be provided as reinforcements
if a ship is sunk during the game. Replacement ships are generated if the option is selected
for the scenario and:
An American CV is sunk prior to 1944 will be replaced by an Essex-class CV.
An American or Australian CA that is sunk prior to 1944 will be replaced by a Baltimore-class
CA or a Cleveland-class CL. The replacement class is chosen at random.
Japanese Midget Submarines will be replaced with a Type “D” Midget Submarine
Whenever a replacement ship is created, it will be placed in the reinforcement list and given an
arrival time of at least 450 days from the date the original ship was sunk.

As Jocke said, it says right there in your quote that the editor switch has to be ON. It's not on in any stock scenarios; I doubt it is in DBB.

I played one AI GC with it ON just to see. Way too many CVs, but the extra CAs were nice.
The Moose
ny59giants

Post by ny59giants »

Watching your American subs until 1/43 can put a big stress on your heart. You never know if they are actually going to do their job. [:(] I guess the best thing to do is have a frame of mind that anything they actually damage or sink is a bonus until '43.

Lost Enterprise and 4 or 5 modern BBs to I-boats through mid-43. Nothing to carrier air until some some CVEs got sunk in late '43. Since you get about 90 of them they don't hurt as much. [;)]
[center]Image[/center]
JocMeister

Post by JocMeister »

[font="Verdana"]Now it begins...[/font]

Looks like its already time to start pulling subs outside Japanese air search...or KB reach. [:(]

This makes it 11 I think subs lost in 2 weeks.

Image1
Attachments
Morefun.jpg
Morefun.jpg (155.48 KiB) Viewed 33 times

Return to “After Action Reports”