This great game is only going to get better..

Commander - The Great War is the latest release in the popular and playable Commander series of historical strategy games. Gamers will enjoy a huge hex based campaign map that stretches from the USA in the west, Africa and Arabia to the south, Scandinavia to the north and the Urals to the east on a new engine that is more efficient and fully supports widescreen resolutions.
Commander – The Great War features a Grand Campaign covering the whole of World War I from the invasion of Belgium on August 5, 1914 to the Armistice on the 11th of November 1918 in addition to 16 different unit types including Infantry, Cavalry, Armoured Cars and Tanks, Artillery, Railroad Guns and Armoured Trains and more!

Moderators: Lord Zimoa, MOD_Commander_The_Great_War

toddtreadway

RE: Free Upkeep?

Post by toddtreadway »

Is Upkeep working right now? Seems like the only CP country to pay upkeep is Germany.
Housies

Post by Housies »

ORIGINAL: toddtreadway

Is Upkeep working right now? Seems like the only CP country to pay upkeep is Germany.

If you buy a lot of austrain troops, they will also have to pay upkeep. Their is a certain number of troops that are "free upkeep" however once you pass that line, you have to pay upkeep as well.
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

must admit the base is already here, and so far the patches have all made things better, with time and luck hopefully it will be the best ww1 game / sim released fingers crossed for you and well done all

the engine seems ripe for another one, maybe ww2 next or other theater as im sure the engine would be fine and scale etc as maps are mostly done [&o][&o][&o]
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

This is in response to a debate over at the Slitherine forum regarding Serbia in game!

New in game event for game play patch 1.6.0 Belgrade Captured,also for this event Serbia take a big National morale penalty hit.This along with great many game balancing issues,having been implemented,for this game play patch I'm busy testing in the background.

Attachments
BelgradeC..meevent.jpg
BelgradeC..meevent.jpg (109.47 KiB) Viewed 124 times
Make it so!
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

Research now shows time up to 50 turns.Allowing the a player to keep track more easily off what new Tech will be available.

Attachments
Research.jpg
Research.jpg (55.25 KiB) Viewed 124 times
Make it so!
OzHawkeye2

Post by OzHawkeye2 »

Nice addition that kirk23. I like it. [:)]
operating

Post by operating »

ORIGINAL: OzHawkeye

Nice addition that kirk23. I like it. [:)]

Yes, I would have to agree on this one![;)]
and one flew over the Cuckoos nest
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

Just in case anyone missed this news!The free upkeep allowance is now zero,what that means is, you now pay upkeep for each and every unit you have on the map.[:)]

Attachments
Management..scenario.jpg
Management..scenario.jpg (199.85 KiB) Viewed 125 times
Make it so!
Housies

Post by Housies »

Good thing about the free upkeep cancellation. Makes the game mechanics less obscure.
Balancing can be done by increasing/decreasing the PP and manpower for all nations. But I guess this new balancing will need a lot of beta testing before release.
WingedIncubus

Post by WingedIncubus »

I like the idea of getting rid of that free upkeep,. It removed the element of cost in strategic choices, plus it made it way too easy to just flood the frontline with two to three lines of garrison units and stop the AI dead in its tracks. It made a player-controlled Serbia impossible to lose against the AI.

Another thing that I noticed, the Central-Powers AI often sends Austrian infantry units all the way to the Western Front, while most German air units are sent to Austria-Hungary. This is rather ridiculous. Austria-Hungary needs all the infantry units it can use against the Russians, Serbs, and Italians. When Austria-Hungary reaches a certain threshold of manpower the Central Powers player/AI should get a "Request German assistance" event that allows Germany to send infantry units to fill the Austrian ranks, as it happened historicall, but not the way around.
rodney727

Post by rodney727 »

Hi kirk23. How many people do you have working on the next iPad patch?
"I thank God that I was warring on the gridirons of the midwest and not the battlefields of Europe"
Nile Kinnick 1918-1943
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

Less than a handful hehehehehe[:D]
Make it so!
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

Quick update on 1.6 game play patch,I'm very hopeful, that by Monday at the latest,this will be very close to a beta,once the powers that be give it their approval![:)]
Make it so!
vonRocko

Post by vonRocko »

ORIGINAL: kirk23

Quick update on 1.6 game play patch,I'm very hopeful, that by Monday at the latest,this will be very close to a beta,once the powers that be give it their approval![:)]
Awesome! Thanks.
lparkh

Post by lparkh »

This is the key update to make this game exciting since it's very original release. Thanks!
AEWHistory

Post by AEWHistory »

This is good news! I have been diddling around but not really getting a full on game going since I've been waiting on this patch. Many thanks!
Connfire

Post by Connfire »

That is great news! Thanks for all your work, Kirk!
WingedIncubus

Post by WingedIncubus »

So, Monday has passed. Any update about the 1.6.0 beta patch? [:)]
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

These things take a lot of time to do,and we really need to test as much as possible before release,on the bright side,once it does get released for beta testing by you guys,I think you will approve of the modification,and the time it has taken to get us to this stage,in the games on going development.[;)]
Make it so!
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

This is for Warspite1.Your name sake Warspite in all her glory.[:)]

I took a photo off this miniature that I have in my warship collection,this is the British Dreadnought/Battleship Queen Elizabeth class,I have spent a good few hours, pain stakingly doing the art,and adding it to the game,all in 3D.I hope you guys approve,I'm not saying this art will make it into the game for general release,if it does then fantastic,if not well I will make that art freely available to anyone who wants to use it.Oh by the way,I'm also working on 3D art for the German navy as well as other Nations watch this space.[:)]

Attachments
BritishBa..thclass.jpg
BritishBa..thclass.jpg (322.87 KiB) Viewed 124 times
Make it so!

Return to “Commander - The Great War”