Callistrid vs Kaiman (no Kaiman plz)

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and unfortunate defeats here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21

Callistrid

Callistrid vs Kaiman (no Kaiman plz)

Post by Callistrid »

New game, 1.07.15. update, random weather

After a long break I've started a new game with the old russian side.

North:

My opponent crossed the river near Riga, and allow some units to escape using the ports in Kurland.
With no threat from the 3rd panzer army, holding Leningrad could be a major soviet objective.

Attachments
01.jpg
01.jpg (1.22 MiB) Viewed 190 times
Callistrid

RE: Callistrid vs Kaiman (no Kaiman plz)

Post by Callistrid »

Center

Building a defensive line around the Dnyepr, and retreat after T05 closer to Moscow (or depends on situation). However, the germans encircled the soviet forces around Bialistok, what is a standard move, but using the whole 9th and 4th army to encircle them is not usual. Ok, on T02 they will eliminate all my troops, but they will need min. 2 other turn moving to frontline.

So my center front is in safe for the next 4-5 turn.

Attachments
02.jpg
02.jpg (1.47 MiB) Viewed 190 times
Callistrid

Post by Callistrid »

T01 South

The Lvov pocket is open or this turn, so I buy more time dealing with the germans, without massive infantry support. Most of the 2nd panzer elements (5 division + GD regiment) moved south.
It's seems the major german object will be the southern expansion. I decide to retreat back to the river, abandon West-Ukraine, and send my best troops to the Moscow front.

The sourhern stategy is clear, retreat and don't fight, give up factories if it's necessary, but heavily reinforce the center, and north. L
eningrad and Moscow can't fall, but Rostov and Kharkov can.

Attachments
00.jpg
00.jpg (1.4 MiB) Viewed 190 times
Callistrid

Post by Callistrid »

Turn 02 North

Using 35 AP to create 20 sapper regiment and 15 RR brigade. The rest disbanding forts, air and paratroper HQ-s.
Only 3 ARM factory was evacuated, but all troops stand on their good position.

Er... my opponent moved Estonia without care of his back. I'm curious about T03 moves, but there is a big chance to eliminate german divisions, if he can't liberate those troops. He has only 3 mot divisions to do anything for them, but without any air supply last turn. The 16th and 18th infantry armies stands south from Daugava river, and no other troops can be found north from the river except the 4th panzer army.

In any result, my front is safe, and Leningrad seems to be far from early danger.

Attachments
01.jpg
01.jpg (1.88 MiB) Viewed 190 times
Callistrid

Post by Callistrid »

T02 Center

Quiet, nothing interesting. The Berezina river is the front line, and 3 arm factories were evacuated.
Now a wall of steel protect the fist line, and T03-04 reinforcements will build the second around Moscow.
My goal is still to hold the river for 3-4 turn.

Attachments
02.jpg
02.jpg (1.55 MiB) Viewed 190 times
Callistrid

Post by Callistrid »

T02 South

The Lvov and Kovel pocket closed, and my opponent threat the retreat line of 7 divisions in the swamp area. The good news are he moved with divisions to the middle of the marshes.

Attachments
03.jpg
03.jpg (1.2 MiB) Viewed 190 times
smokindave34

Post by smokindave34 »

I'm not sure I've ever seen an axis player lose three arm/mot divisions on turn 3 - this will be a first. Ouch!

Also that land bridge "wall of steel" is very impressive. Brings back bad memories of our last game. [:D]
Callistrid

Post by Callistrid »

The 1:2=1:1 beat you not the wall. That wall can be drastically lower with a succesfull attack. 6-7 CV armors will not last forever :)
Wuffer

Post by Wuffer »

ORIGINAL: Callistrid

6-7 CV armors will not last forever :)

Did you mean panzers or tanks?

[:D]
Callistrid

Post by Callistrid »

tanks
Wuffer

Post by Wuffer »

isolated panzers neither, good hunting Sir.
I would feel really really sick in his place.

Did you left some forces in the Baltikum behind his lines?
Callistrid

Fight in Estonia

Post by Callistrid »

T03 North

The german troops remained encircled, not eliminated. Defeating germans who have space to retreat, plus the favor of difficult terrain , and supplied by air have 4-8 CV power, even if they are encircled.

So on T04 the situation will be the same, 3 german divs are isolated, but german infantry divs will arrive to the front line. Stand and fight in Estonia could be risky, but I'm fighting far from Leningrad, and the germans are forced to operate only in Estonia. It's seems Pskov could remain is soviet hand for more turns.

Other sectors are quiet, in center the german wait his infantry support, and don't move, south the germans advance close to Kiev, with no soviet resistance west from Dnypr river.

This turn 16 soviet arm factory was evacuated plus several 1 level air, tank, and other factory (IL2, T40...)

Attachments
00.jpg
00.jpg (1.46 MiB) Viewed 190 times
Callistrid

Post by Callistrid »

ORIGINAL: Wuffer

isolated panzers neither, good hunting Sir.
I would feel really really sick in his place.

Did you left some forces in the Baltikum behind his lines?

3 infantry divs survied the T01 battles in Kurland. Those troops encircled the german troops from west balticum
A game

Post by A game »

Looks like it should be a short game, without a good 41 the germans are toast...

Seems like your playing someone that doesnt really know what they are doing?
Callistrid

Post by Callistrid »

T04

19 factories had been evacuated, including D-town arm factories.

North

Finally the german lost one his motorized division. The rest was liberated by the 4th panzer army.
The soviet forces retreat back to Pskov, and wait the german attack. I won 3 extra turn this sector, what means Leningrad has a minimal chance to fall in 41.

Center
Nothing special. Waiting the german infantry divisions. Next turn my opponent will start attacking the Dnyepr line, what must hold only for one turn. The newly reformed reserve front units refit, and build fortificatins around Moscow.

South
Still nothing interesting. The germens arrives to the western part of Dnyepr line, but the russians have strong and fortified positions. Next turn the battle of river crossing will begin.

Attachments
000.jpg
000.jpg (4.12 MiB) Viewed 190 times
Callistrid

Post by Callistrid »

ORIGINAL: A game

Looks like it should be a short game, without a good 41 the germans are toast...

Seems like your playing someone that doesnt really know what they are doing?

Yep, several german division (5+) still fight around Lvov, what is not an average event. Just like destroy german mot division on T04.
swkuh

Post by swkuh »

KUDOS your map!

Interested see how game proceeds. For Soviets its all about when victory is assured. Your expectations?
Callistrid

Post by Callistrid »

My expectations? Depends on situations. On north I won. -1 german division, Pskov, unharmed troops... what else I need?

Center and south the result is draw, nince I've run back to the river, so only next turns will come the heavy fights. The factories are safe, only 8 Arm (Kiev and Minsk) destroyed.
Flaviusx

Post by Flaviusx »

Wow. This is looking like a Soviet blowout.
WitE Alpha Tester
Callistrid

Post by Callistrid »

Turn 05

MUD!

The german drive 3 infantry division to take Odessa, so I evacuated the city, before the attack occured. Tallin falls on the north, and the garrison was isolated, just like another infantry division on the Finn front. All other frontline seems to be static, and quiet. Building fortification on center, plus the full Reserve front goes to the river, and landbridge. Those guys have 50 morale, with 60-80% TOE, so their fighting capability could be usefull.
So could be a good option to stand and fight, since my troops are unharmed, and with 4.6 million men on T05, so I'm curious about the working of stand and fight strategy.

Return to “After Action Reports”