Yugoslavia 91 scenario

Norm Koger's The Operational Art of War III is the next game in the award-winning Operational Art of War game series. TOAW3 is updated and enhanced version of the TOAW: Century of Warfare game series. TOAW3 is a turn based game covering operational warfare from 1850-2015. Game scale is from 2.5km to 50km and half day to full week turns. TOAW3 scenarios have been designed by over 70 designers and included over 130 scenarios. TOAW3 comes complete with a full game editor.

Moderators: JAMiAM, ralphtricky

comte

Yugoslavia 91 scenario

Post by comte »

I saw a Yugoslavia wars '91 scenario on Rugged Defense. Is it possible to play this scenario in TOAW III?
Its a COW scenario.
comte

RE: Yugoslavia 91 scenario

Post by comte »

Ugh ok disregard this I tried loading it and it works.
shunwick

Post by shunwick »

You might like to grab the latest copy of the TOAW III Scenario Catalogue. It can be found here:-

http://forums.gamesquad.com/showthread. ... ost1697017

Best wishes,
Steve
I love the smell of TOAW in the morning...
Sensei.Tokugawa

Post by Sensei.Tokugawa »

Just bear in mind that this is an old scenario - I wrote to the designer Igor Rzaunek about two years ago and he claimed that the scenario would still work correctly which it does as you already know - but with the latest game versions it plays out very differently as a matter of fact. First of all if you intend to use the official 3.4 patch exclusively forget about the Yugoslavian - Serbian steamroller as it all will quickly bog down with an immense turn burn - the weakest irregular Croatian formations will be trading their ground at a high cost if they budge at all. Therefore I'd suggest using 3XBb patch which will also address the AAA bug in 3.4 patch which as a result negates the Yugoslavian air force advantage factor. Then, playing as Serbs, if you go for enlarging the strategic depth and starting an early war in Bosnia the scenario is easily winnable early - that's what happened in my PBEM at the Blitz wargaming club - for Bosnian Serbs as their forces deploy before Bosniacs and it's easy to capture undefended strategic objectives then at the turn resolution which has new mechanics under 3.4 patch the game checks that there are no Bosnian forces on the map, assumes they're either destroyed or pushed outside their respective AOs and grants the Yugoslavian side with a sudden death victory. My balkan war ended after some 11 turns out of over 400 hundred.
"-What if one doesn't make it?
-Then we know he was no good for SpetsNaz. ..."
V. Suvorov, "Spetsnaz;the Story behind the Soviet SAS"

...No escape from Passchendaele .../ God Dethroned, "Passiondale"

Return to “Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III”