Stupid Question

World in Flames is the computer version of Australian Design Group classic board game. World In Flames is a highly detailed game covering the both Europe and Pacific Theaters of Operations during World War II. If you want grand strategy this game is for you.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

warspite1

Stupid Question

Post by warspite1 »

Ignore - it really was a stupid question.....[8|]
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
Orm

RE: Stupid Question

Post by Orm »

You can't possible expect me to ignore this. [X(]

It is impossible for me to fathom that you ask a stupid question therefore the question was not stupid. [:)]

It is equally impossible that you lie so then your statement must be true. [:)]

Therefore this must be some sort of intelligence test that I am failing. [&:]

And I can't even blame the Dutch for befuddling me. [:(]

I need to ponder on this riddle.
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: Orm

It is impossible for me to fathom that you ask a stupid question therefore the question was not stupid. [:)]

warspite1

[:D]

Well Ormster, there are two possibilities here a) I have set an incredibly difficult intelligence test, or b) I'm a 24-carat dingbat.

Believe me, if you saw that question you would understand that b) is the heavily favoured option here [:)]

Orm

Post by Orm »

ORIGINAL: warspite1

warspite1

[:D]

Well Ormster, there are two possibilities here a) I have set an incredibly difficult intelligence test, or b) I'm a 24-carat dingbat.

Believe me, if you saw that question you would understand that b) is the heavily favoured option here [:)]
This one I know. The answer is option a without a doubt.
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett
bo

Post by bo »

I would appreciate it if you would leave the stupid questions to me and me alone[:(] I will have plenty of them in the coming months [:D]

Bo
Orm

Post by Orm »

ORIGINAL: bo

I would appreciate it if you would leave the stupid questions to me and me alone[:(] I will have plenty of them in the coming months [:D]

Bo
Et tu, Bo.

Now I really have something to ponder on. [&:]

Centuur

Post by Centuur »

Bo
Et tu, Bo.

Now I really have something to ponder on. [&:]

So have I. I've always said that there aren't any stupid questions, only stupid answers...
Peter
Orm

Post by Orm »

So have I. I've always said that there aren't any stupid questions, only stupid answers...
Me, me, me! I know this one as well.

bo

Post by bo »

I think the real problem here is not Orm, centuur or Bo about stupid questions or stupid answers but that warspite own up to the supposedly stupid question he posted and then edited [:D]

Bo

Orm

Post by Orm »

There is no real problem here. No stupid questions either. Only a dude, me, who give stupid answers in a failed attempt to be funny while saying that there no stupid questions.

warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

I think the real problem here is not Orm, centuur or Bo about stupid questions or stupid answers but that warspite own up to the supposedly stupid question he posted and then edited [:D]

Bo

warspite1

No no no [:-] I couldn't possibly do that! bo have you never heard of the saying "Its better to keep you mouth shut and have people think you are a fool - than open your gob and put the matter beyond dispute"?

Believe me, my question was in that territory [;)]

Numdydar

Post by Numdydar »

So basically you want us to THINK you are a fool versus we KNOW you are a fool. I would assume that everyone already knows you are a fool [:D] so you should not have to feel like you need to hide it any more lol.

Of course if you want to have the illusion that you still have a chance of people not knowing you are a fool, then please do not let anyone here pop your bubble [:D]
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: Numdydar

So basically you want us to THINK you are a fool versus we KNOW you are a fool. I would assume that everyone already knows you are a fool [:D] so you should not have to feel like you need to hide it any more lol.

Of course if you want to have the illusion that you still have a chance of people not knowing you are a fool, then please do not let anyone here pop your bubble [:D]
warspite1

No, I wouldn't say I particularly WANT anyone to think I am a fool, although given my acknowledged limited cerebral capacity, that is probably something of a forlorn hope [:(]

So yes, in order not to publicise the fact further, I choose not to make public the question I asked (and fortunately seem to have deleted before too many people saw it). So to the extent possible I will try and maintain the illusion for those that have yet to cotton on to the fact that I am a 24-carat dingbat, with no capacity for complex games, and who (to my eternal shame) hangs out in the General Discussion forum [:D]

Centuur

Post by Centuur »

Well. Let me think on that original question, Mr. Warspite... Did it have something to do with how to move a land unit a certain way...
Peter
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: Centuur

Well. Let me think on that original question, Mr. Warspite... Did it have something to do with how to move a land unit a certain way...
warspite1

Why yes Mr Centuur, yes it did [;)]

bo

Post by bo »

I believe that it is imperative, no actually the sworn duty of a trusted beta tester whoever that may be to post the question asked by warspite1. This seems to have grown into a major news story and it is not going away anytime soon.[:(] The very ambiguous answer by Mr. warspite1 above only leads too more speculation as to whether the question was stupid or not.

Courage seems to be lacking here, and if this story is allowed to drag on any longer I think someone should pay for this If this seems harsh so be it.

Bo
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

bo - let it lie. For your own health and well being, just let it go. We have managed to contain the "Stupidity Virus" - its quarantined and currently safely held in a maximum security storage facility.

There is no need to run the risk of letting this question on the forum and infecting impressionable young minds. This level of stupidity can be lethal - we must not allow it to infect others.

It's my own fault for trying to play a complex game. I should have known better after the "WITP-AE incident". General Discussion hoodlums simply do not have the ability to play complex games. When they do, this is the catastrophic result; stupid questions running wild on the forum.

We've been lucky. The threat is contained. Let's be grateful and leave it at that.

Numdydar

Post by Numdydar »

I have to ask 'which' AE incident are you referring to? As reading your posts on the AE forum there seems to be quite a few 'incidents' to choose from [X(] I just want to make sure everyone knows the one you consider 'The Incident'. Just for the good of the community you understand [:D]
bo

Post by bo »

I have to ask 'which' AE incident are you referring to? As reading your posts on the AE forum there seems to be quite a few 'incidents' to choose from [X(] I just want to make sure everyone knows the one you consider 'The Incident'. Just for the good of the community you understand [:D]

What is the matter with you Nummy don't you recognize a veiled threat when you read one,[&:] he said let it go and I will do so, my hero days are long gone when I was in the 101st many years ago, now real stupidity is when I joined them as I do not like heights over 10 feet or more [:(]

Forgive me warspite, never will I ever utter anything again about your stupid post. [:D] MAYBE!

Bo
AxelNL

Post by AxelNL »

What is the matter with you Nummy don't you recognize a veiled threat when you read one,[&:] he said let it go and I will do so, my hero days are long gone when I was in the 101st many years ago, now real stupidity is when I joined them as I do not like heights over 10 feet or more [:(]

Forgive me warspite, never will I ever utter anything again about your stupid post. [:D] MAYBE!

Bo

So we can call you ' old Abe' now?
Where you at Hamburger Hill?

Return to “World in Flames”