No World Destroyers...Random or not?

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

HeresiarchQin

No World Destroyers...Random or not?

Post by HeresiarchQin »

So I've a game going on, in which me and my allies are getting decimated by the Shakturi. I have no hope winning by fighting normally, so I wanted to blow up their home base and call it a day...then I realized on my current game there's no world destroyer, no war test field, no ship graveyard, etc.

I wanted to check what conditions I've set for the game, but apparently there's no such function in DW. I *guess* that I've chosen Age of Shadows Classic, as pirates are absolutely running rampant. But Age of Shadows is supposed to have no Shakturi story elements in it...

So what's the actual switch for making world destroyers and other claimable ships appear? I don't mind trying to fight Shakturis in future games without world destroyers but I feel it's weird that they don't exist in my game (btw, the Shakturis themself do have world destroyers and have destroyed two planets of mine).
Nanaki

RE: No World Destroyers...Random or not?

Post by Nanaki »

Having the original storyline enabled will enable world destroyer wrecks to spawn. However, the AI will also attempt to salvage these wrecks, but most of the time it gets killed while under construction by sabotage.
I ate the batter of the bulge at Hans' Haus of Luftwaffles
Aeson

RE: No World Destroyers...Random or not?

Post by Aeson »

It's also possible on small or tiny maps for no world destroyer projects to spawn even when you do have the storyline enabled. I don't know how likely or unlikely it is, but it can happen.

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”