new version

Piercing Fortress Europa is a new game from veteran game designer Frank Hunter, which covers the campaigns of the Western Allies from July, 1943 through the end of April, 1945 in Sicily and Italy. Each area has its own map and time scale to best represent the campaigns for Sicily and Italy and the player is offered complete freedom, limited only by a historical order of battle and logistics model, to plan his operations and explore all of the many “what ifs” that the Italian theater has to offer.
FrankHunter

new version

Post by FrankHunter »

Hi guys, sorry for the long delay. My update of another game consumed a lot more of my time than I thought it would when I started.

I've made notes of issues that have been raised in my absence and have begun working on them to see what I can do.
pzgndr

RE: new version

Post by pzgndr »

Thanks Frank, sounds great! It will be good to resolve most of these issues now before moving on to another game using the same system.
Bill Macon
Empires in Arms Developer
Strategic Command Developer
bott.2

Post by bott.2 »

Thanks Frank!
conger

Post by conger »

Would it be possible to change the Allied AI behavior? It currently prefers to use large stacks, this makes the frontline only 5 or so hexes long as opposed from coast to coast. As a result the Axis player can focus his efforts in one central area. Will we see the addition of the Italians as well? At this scale they should fit right in. I appreciate you addressing other issues we've brought up and apologize about the Para reinforcement thing [&o]
FrankHunter

Post by FrankHunter »

The Para reinforcement thing was my fault, I didn't adequately explain it.

Although the Allied AI should concentrate in places they want to attack they should still maintain a contiguous front. The exception is in the early going in southern Italy where there isn't usually much of a front, its just forces advancing along available roads. I'd like to take a look if you're seeing otherwise.

As for adding Italian forces to the Allies, I assume you mean the combat groups of the Co-Belligerent army?
conger

Post by conger »

Contiguous front: I haven't seen one yet. I think the problem is once they get ashore they push themselves far to hard and sustain too many losses, maybe lowering the casualties might help.

Italians: Them and the ones Mussolini put together later in the campaign. They fielded a like 4 or 5 divisions I believe.

conger

Post by conger »

Here's at look at the end of my game, it looks like the Allies are starting to fan out.

Attachments
game11024x576.jpg
game11024x576.jpg (431.25 KiB) Viewed 117 times
conger

Post by conger »

And here's the VP Screen, even if the game kept going I don't see either of us having much gas left in the tank.

Attachments
game1024x576.jpg
game1024x576.jpg (389.32 KiB) Viewed 117 times

Return to “Piercing Fortress Europa”