1:1::2:1

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21

swkuh

1:1::2:1

Post by swkuh »

Playing Axis vs. AI, balance factors = difficult, see that after turn 10 Axis losses double and more. Is this the 1:1::2:1 game code, or what else explains this? Seems that entire Soviet force grows a pair, etc.
Peltonx

RE: 1:1::2:1

Post by Peltonx »

Historical for Middle Earth --- 1v1=2v1

Historical for Earth 1941-1945 --- 1v1=1v1
Beta Tester WitW & WitE
charlie0311

Post by charlie0311 »

Hi P,

Speaking of Middle Earth, what about an attack, advancing 1000's of artillery pieces 20 or thirty miles, then attacking, then pulling back to the start line, all in a week.
jwolf

Post by jwolf »

Axis losses during summer 41 are overwhelmingly from attrition, not from regular combat, unless the Soviets are doing freakishly well with early counterattacks.  For an Axis vs AI game, I suspect that you have very little attrition loss during the early turns as the Soviet frontline shatters and there is little contact at the end of each Soviet turn.  By turn 10 the Soviets should be forming more or less respectable looking lines and keeping regular contact for attrition.  That's my theory, anyway.
loki100

Post by loki100 »

ORIGINAL: Pelton

actually Pelton, if you were actively playing the game you'd realise that in this case that is not the reason.

I'd suspect its the shift to the 41b rifle division OOB, even with the +1 rule made optional, this phase is going to be, quite rightly, a bumpy ride for the axis. As they shift again to the 41c organisation Soviet strength will fall away again.

but, I realise, its far more fun to repeat the same post all over the forum than to engage in understanding how the game plays in the current patch [;)]
Peltonx

Post by Peltonx »

ORIGINAL: loki100
ORIGINAL: Pelton

actually Pelton, if you were actively playing the game you'd realise that in this case that is not the reason.

I'd suspect its the shift to the 41b rifle division OOB, even with the +1 rule made optional, this phase is going to be, quite rightly, a bumpy ride for the axis. As they shift again to the 41c organisation Soviet strength will fall away again.

but, I realise, its far more fun to repeat the same post all over the forum than to engage in understanding how the game plays in the current patch [;)]

I been gone for a while but can read. A few fixs in the last few patchs have made SHC stronger and GHC weaker "logistics" which is why the wall is happening turn 7-10 depending on AI or H player skills.

I have understood for a long long time now several yrs and I am very happy to see that things have findly been addressed and not ignored just because, hmm you can fill in the blank.

Which is why 1v1=2v1 is going.

1.08 includes Hmm - I can't say, but I be more then happy to engage in chit chat about things when I can.
Beta Tester WitW & WitE
swkuh

Post by swkuh »

Reason for this thread is that 1:1::2:1 had been thought to happen a bit later in '41, so seeing the sudden increase in Soviet forces was surprising. (Can't say why suddenly noticed!) Maybe its because balance setting is "difficult."

Thinking jwolf & loki100 are closer to the truth than 1:1::2:1. In any case, Axis player can't do much about it except to change style a bit at that point.

Thanks all for thoughts.
Peltonx

Post by Peltonx »

The increase in strength could be caused all the fixes to swapping bugs coupled with the increase in saved armament pts.

These fixes have helped both sides, but of course SHC has far more troops equipement ect ect so the fixes have helped SHC more.

Beta Tester WitW & WitE

Return to “The War Room”