Distant Worlds ingame updater not working...

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

aaatoysandmore

Distant Worlds ingame updater not working...

Post by aaatoysandmore »

When I click on update it says I already have the most up to date patch, but the numbers don't match I only have 1.9.03 version.
aaatoysandmore

RE: Distant Worlds ingame updater not working...

Post by aaatoysandmore »

Hello? is anybody out there? Need some help here. Where's that good ole matrixgames support people always talkin about?
aaatoysandmore

Post by aaatoysandmore »

Wow, really love the support here. Just like all the rest talk a good support but not giving it.
DTC666

Post by DTC666 »

Got the same problem, got the same response
Cheers Danny
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Hi Aaatoysandmore,

Do you have only the Matrix version of Universe installed? Do you have any other older versions of Distant Worlds installed? Do you have the Steam version installed?

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
DTC666

Post by DTC666 »

got both steam and stand alone versions installd. but the ingame updater has never worked
Cheers Danny
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

uninstall both, and make sure you wipe both folders to make sure they are empty the default path for both that is unless you have done a custom install for either, clean the registry so no files are left over from the install of the game in question.

registry can be cleaned with any good cleaner, i use ccleaner but there's others to chose and it's safe as it only looks for dupes and left over files in the registry and repairs errors left over from installs and uninstalls / updates etc etc...

reinstall one game only, for me i'd choose the matrix version first and fully update it, once it's fully update and only then, redownload and install the steam version which will then update ok...

matrix inbuilt updater works fine, not got the steam version but same has happened before with other games so maybe same fix applies, won't hurt to try, only lose time as cost nothing[8|]

having 2 versions of the same game on the same pc / hard drive can cause problems updating, as the updater looks for the registry and install data to work, so either only updates one version or neither, but saying all this steam doesn't so i guess it depends on the install order, and thats why i chose matrix version first to bypass the steam one[8|]

please remember the advice i give / offer is member / player advice and not official support so might not be correct or work either and is offered as is, but is plain sense and meant to be helpful so good luck...
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
aaatoysandmore

Post by aaatoysandmore »

Nope I just have the Matrixgame copy and the expansions. I try not to buy from Steam as much as possible.
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

Have you installed Distant Worlds and the other expansions or only Universe?

Return to “Tech Support”