v1.02.25 Alien Immersion Project (DW:U 1.9.5.7)

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario, art and sound modding and the game editor for Distant Worlds.

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

Euler

RE: {WIP} {Universe Extended} Sountrack Race-specific Diversity Mod.

Post by Euler »

The UI changes look great, but I have not been able to get the race specific music to play. Where am I supposed to put it? I have tried several things but so far nothing works. If it's not working yet let me know I will stop trying for now. Thank you.
Blackstork

Post by Blackstork »

It is working, each package have Sounds/Music folder. You can generally copy all contents of pack into your theme folder, but if you want to be sure you do all right do this:
1. Go to your Theme folder, and delete contents of Sounds/Music folder in it, if they exist.
2. make sure that you copy music from pacl into this folder , i.e. Customization/YourThemefolder/Sounds/Music.

Ot should work 100%
Alien Immersion (WIP) : tm.asp?m=3651979
Beyond Extended Universe (WIP): tm.asp?m=3657646
Euler

Post by Euler »

I know I am doing something wrong but all I get is the standard (vanilla) music. The path name I am using (for XHuman example) is:

Customization/ThemeName/Sounds/Music/XHuman

Then in that directory I have all the mp3 files. But I still just get the default music when I play as XHumans in this theme.
Blackstork

Post by Blackstork »

No, it needs to be
Customization/ThemeName/Sounds/Music
without XHuman
Because devs did not implemented race-specific soundtrack system yet. You can have one ST , and you must delete old one and replace it with new in Customization/ThemeName/Sounds/Music if you want to swap.
I've requested certain more modular system, and i hope they will add it soon.
Sorry, but manual re-installation is only way possible now to alter race-specific soundtracks.
Euler

Post by Euler »

Thanks Blackstork, that worked! Glad I can now have different music. Yay!
Blackstork

Post by Blackstork »

Great to hear, :) Enjoy!
Also i may eventually release all Races Audio Packs during restructuring, this means all races soundtrack will be aviable much earlier than all UI will be done, it will be modular, but will require player to assemble race-specific set from 2 folders (it copy conttents of 2 folders into Sounds/Music), but it will be easier to manage thing for sure), and deleting wont be required.
All files will be Race01, Race02,etc in race folder, and Alliance01 , Alliance02 in alliance folder, and played will need just copy files of alliance and race there , so they will be replaced.
I hope that devs implement modular soundtrack system i requested.
Blackstork

Post by Blackstork »

48 RACE-SPECIFIC DIPLOMATIC MUSIC PACK IS DONE (4 diplo tracks for each race)(Vanilla + Extended + Beyond Collection) = 48 races

But because it weight 550 mb (4 tracks x 48 races = around 200 mp3 tracks) i wont upload it separately because it is part of bBeyond release already, and I am short on space in my mediafire folder.

It will be aviable as part of shortly (its uploading now and i need to create post) upcoming Beyond A.5 release.
Blackstork

Post by Blackstork »

Here temporaty separate download aviable from Beyond. I will not keep it for long time because my space on Mediafire limited, but now it up to make easier partial downloading and instalation

Diplomatic pack, copy Sounds folder into DEFAULT game directory:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/gc9zr ... Sounds.zip
Blackstork

Post by Blackstork »

Issue 23 - Laaran is up!

Laaran - ver. 1.02 issue 23. adapted to Alliance system
Dark Alliance
DL LINK: http://www.mediafire.com/download/1sapm ... Laaran.zip

Subheim - Space Corridor
Coil - Theme from Blue pt I
Coil - Theme from Blue Pt II
Coil - Hills are alive
B12 - The Radiophonic Workshop
Vas - Moksha
Sephiroth - Wolftribes

Also Laaran package adapted to new restructuring system , called version 1.02
It have much shorter race soundtrack which need to be used as appendix to:
1. Your custom soundrack
2. Default Beyond soundtrack of Beyond mod.
3. Soon to be released Alliance soundtrack. There will be 4 alliance-specific soundtracks, and each race should select base alliance ST according to their allegiance - and on each racial package allegiance will be marked.
4. Names of files are homogenized - this allow easy overwriting of one racial soundtrack with other.
5. Real track names coming in attached to package txt file, and also appear on forum.
Blackstork

Post by Blackstork »

Dev Blog.
On the table:

Restructuring of all issued packages to 1.02 version. (with much shorter, with homogenized names (allowing easy replacement) soundtracks, deisgned to append alliance soundtracks or any other soundtrack with tint of particular race (6 tracks)
Providing 4 alliance soundtracks. (All races separated to 4 alliances, Dark, Light, Blue and Red.)
Next Issues:
Lameresh
Securan remake
Veey
Yereni
Tairoshan
Archei
Zadaj
Kiadian
Blackstork

Post by Blackstork »

Such-Oos, Sluken and Human updated to ver.1.02 - Restructuring and alliance system.
Alliance mentioned at their stripe location in OP.
New system matched to fit into Alliance system , and race sountracks will be much easier to manage and download. No manual deletion needed - just copy folders with overwrite.
Other races will be transfered to 1.02 eventually.
Blackstork

Post by Blackstork »

1.02.24 issue is done! Beyond Race , welcome

Veey
Blue alliance
DL LINK: http://www.mediafire.com/download/64j7c ... 4_Veey.zip
Autechre - Bronchusevenmx24
Mika Vainio - Cargo
Errisoma - Adejj
Pan Sonic - Ulottvuus
SaffronKeira - Ethan
Suero Wire - Fence

-------------------------------------

On table/Queue:
1.01.25 - Ketarov Release
1.01.26 - Lameresh Release
1.01.27 - Tairoshan Release.
1.01.28 - Kiadian Release.
1.01.29 - Terapin Release.
Blackstork

Post by Blackstork »

Gizurean, Banoserit, Ergreagd, Keskudon and Lipid packages and their post in OP updated to 1.02 - Alliance system featuring replaceable, easier to manage and download 6 track race=specifics soundtrack working as addition to Alliance specific soundtracks or Beyond default soundtrack
Blackstork

Post by Blackstork »

Lemeresh
Blue Alliance
DL LINK: http://www.mediafire.com/download/xok9x ... meresh.zip

Access To Arasaka - bpf_u_int32
Suero Wire - Fence
Access To Arasaka - Cursa
Isnaj Dui - Duelol
Solar Fields - Dust
Phase - Set The Controls To The Heart Of The Sun
Arsonide

Post by Arsonide »

Hello Blackstork. I just started playing Distant Worlds, and I immediately tried to install some of these Extended mods. I'm trying to get the chrome to work. I install using the folders as shown, but the race specific chrome UI does not show up in game. I have tried it in the main folder and in the Customization/theme folder.

Is this a similar situation to the music, where you have to manually swap it out when you change races in game, or am I doing something wrong?
Blackstork

Post by Blackstork »

ORIGINAL: Arsonide

Hello Blackstork. I just started playing Distant Worlds, and I immediately tried to install some of these Extended mods. I'm trying to get the chrome to work. I install using the folders as shown, but the race specific chrome UI does not show up in game. I have tried it in the main folder and in the Customization/theme folder.

Is this a similar situation to the music, where you have to manually swap it out when you change races in game, or am I doing something wrong?

Hello and Wellcome!
For music you need swap , but for DW ver. 1.9.5.6 and highter all should work perfectly.
I have different versions of packages up, so be sure that folder "images" from package copied into active mod theme directory
Alternatively you can download and install my other big mod called "Beyond" where everything what been done included already, and copy your chrome if needed.
you should have chrome/race subfolders for each race which is released.
Full path is : YourActiveModDir/images/ui/chrome/race/ (each race should have folder with its name)
Problem could be that some of older versions might have some subfolders, and you need to esnure that all been copied into right places.

Blackstork

Post by Blackstork »

Big Update!
Version 1.02 - Alliance System Release.

Following idea started by Icemania in AI mod, i readjusted races into more "lore apopriate" groups in Alien Immersion, and as well in Beyond mod where it become part of the epic story system, including also reflected by me all lore racial biases mentioned in their pedia entries.

All races devided into 4 allainces.
Light Alliance - Good - Sanguinic - Gondorish
Dark Alliance - Evil - Choleric - Mordorish
Red Alliance - Neutral - Melancholic, Extraverted, Ideological - Reptiles, Neutral Insectoids, Neutral Rodents, Xhuman, Banoserit
Blue Alliance - Neutral - Phlegmatic, Introverted, Arrogant, Pragmatical - Neutral Amphibious races, Greedy & Modest Ursidians, Yl'ta, Veey

DOWNLOAD:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/tsntz ... iances.zip

HOW TO USE:

Prior to instalation , if you install 1st time please remove all contents of folder Sounds/Music in your active theme directory.

Each of alliance packs meant to be the main body soundtrack for all races that belong to certain alliance. Due lack of any mechanic that allow automatic soundtrack recognizing, there is need to swap them manually. Download and Extract the package. Find your race alliance according chart given in this post (and in OP) and copy contents of that alliance folder into your active theme folder.
I asked few times for implementation of some music folder indexing, and i hope devs will respond soon. thanks.

It is hightly reccomented to augment those alliance soundtracks by race-specific 6 tracks sets.
Full version of Alien Immersion Soundtrack for Beyond is Alliance soundtrack + Race soundtrack. I really reccoment to do this way.
PLEASE NOTE!!!! only racial packs that are version 1.02 and above!!!! (marked at stripe in Alien Immersion OP) are compatible and should be used with those alliance sets.
Eventually all races packages will be transfered to 1.02 version

Alliance Chart:

Track Lists:
(All rights reserved by music artists, see "RIGHTS" part of Alien Immersion thread)

Light Alliance
Subheim - Streets
Biosphere - Oi-1
Steve Roach - Living The Dream
Kangding Ray - Palisades
Boldstroke
Utopia
Galaxy - Everlasting Tone
Global Communication - Maiden Voyage (8'07")
Global Communication - 4'14"

Dark Alliance
Lustmord - Black Star
DistantWorldsTheme_ROTS
Murcof - Camino
Empusae - Sphre Des Bois
Halgrath - Consecreation
Halgrath - Epic Journey and Oblivion
Sephiroth - The Clock of Distant Dreams
Shadows
Steve Roach & Vir Unis -Neurotropic

Red Alliance
Isan - Calf
Arovane - Ambielo
Astropilot - Hidden Planet
Atom Heart - I See More Than You Do
Outlaw
Kanding Ray - OR
Kanding Ray - Blank Empire
Persuit
Brothomstates - I'm a Ram

Blue Alliance
Seefeel - Gatha
DistantWorldsTheme_Legends
Electric Universe - Longing
Bauri - Abyss
Biosphere - Gravity Assist
Funckarma - Nuncas
Sabled Sun - Shattered
OnTrack
Sabled Sun - Singularity

Blackstork

Post by Blackstork »

11 Races been updated to version 1.02 - Alliance system, and all their infor and DL links updated in OP. They are now easy replaceable and compatible with alliance system.
Only 3 packages from issued ones are still ver. 1.01
Races that been updated to 1.02:
Wekkarus
Dhayut
Caleph
Paratis
Shandar
Quameno
Dlakar
Teekan
Securan
Dlakar
Mortalen

Now all released character systems races from Beyond are covered by full immersion packages.

Next update, aside from soon to be up Naxillian and Ketarov packages with UI, will be version 1.03.
I will start work on it after i release A.6 update on Beyond.
It will contain ALL RACES (48) soundtracks, combined with 4 alliance soundtracks as one huge (320 music tracks!) download, so installing your race soundtrack will be simple, easy and clear thing to do, more than it is now.
This is update on way to total merge with Beyond (this thread will keep updates on UI/Soundtracks) but Soundtrack package will be separate download bound to Beyond, while UIs will be part of Beyond project.
Blackstork

Post by Blackstork »

Update:
I will provide full UI only package as separate download as stand-alone module , so players of other vanilla/extended/ai games will be able to use it, and keep this mod/thread for this puprose.
This will happen only once all UIs are done (its about to be same timeframe as finishing 1.0 for Beyond)
For now updatting it will be bit of mess for me, so could be found only as part of Beyond or as separate packages.
Soundtrack will be fully integrated with Beyond as huge music asset download.
Blackstork

Post by Blackstork »

Ver. 1.03 is up

Since Beyond Soundtrack package is uploaded and it is ex-alien Immersion soundtrack, I updated the OP post with alot of details and Download link
Please re-read instructions - The Mod have consolidated, ordered package of alliance soundtracks and all existing racial soundtracks into one huge download.
This is part of beyond but is also separate sound asset download.
Everything updated in the Op.
Xhuman, Yor, Zenox, Naxxilian and Ketarov Tracklists will be updated at evening. (they are not updated yet, but they are part of download in their updated form - i just need to repost the updated info in the post)

Please note that only 26 soundtracks ready, 2 go for Guardians and Shakturi, so there 20 more soundtracks to be released in 1.04
There will be also update on Naxxilian UI soon since it almost finished.

In 1.04 all races soundtracks will be released, and separate race packages will be removed. Ui will be available as consolidated pack from some point or as part of Beyond mod, Soundtracks will have consolidated massive asset download release.

Return to “Design and Modding”