Shock Attack

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Ridinroun

Shock Attack

Post by Ridinroun »

Is there a way to keep your troops from carrying out shock attacks? I landed on a couple islands and I'm losing a lot of troops in apparently auto shock attacks. Also what's up with all the Jap carriers in this game? I have 3 TF"s heading toward me and the have 16 carriers. They also just took back Koepang and it shows 3 carriers there. Those 16 are all CV's and in Koepang there is 1 CV and 2 CVE. I don't think they had that many.If they then Midway wouldn't have been that disastrous a defeat except they really lost their most elite pilot's there.
crsutton

RE: Shock Attack

Post by crsutton »

Shock attacks are automatic when landing on all atolls and small islands. You can't avoid it. Best to be well prepped and soften up the atoll before hand. Shock attacks are also automatic for para drops on contested hexes and for river crossing into hexes with enemy troops. It is all in the manual.

The Japanese do not have that many carriers. You are seeing Fog of War which usually exaggerates the total number of ships when the detection level is low.
I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”