An upgrade

Frank Hunter's Campaigns on the Danube is an operational study of the campaigns along the Danube in 1805 and 1809. Campaigns on the Danube's system focuses on trying to present the player with the same sort of decisions placed on their historical counterparts; how to feed an army and move that army according to a plan, all the while trying to fight a campaign. There is also an option to allow players to play out the battles with miniatures and input the results.
lecrop

RE: An upgrade

Post by lecrop »

I think what is coming soon is the update...
FrankHunter

Post by FrankHunter »

Yes, its the Danube update that is coming soon.
Agathosdaimon

Post by Agathosdaimon »

Well i also look forward to that!
*Lava*

Post by *Lava* »

Damn, Frank!

You've been MIA for quite awhile.

Hope everything is well.
FrankHunter

Post by FrankHunter »

Hello Lava, I've been pretty busy, it hasn't seemed MIA at all :)

How are you doing?

*Lava*

Post by *Lava* »

Doing Fine.

Good luck on you new projects.
Agathosdaimon

Post by Agathosdaimon »

hI! Is this still soon to happen?
FrankHunter

Post by FrankHunter »

Absolutely, I'm waiting for some new button graphics from Gary and am currently playing with full fog in pbem to test that.
tombo

Post by tombo »

...any update here?
will game run on Windows 8, etc.?

thx
Citizen Emperor

Post by Citizen Emperor »

Having just finished reading John H. Gill's incredibly detailed, three-volume, 1,000+ page study of the Fifth Coalition war (1809: Thunder on the Danube), I am very interested in checking out this game... especially if folks believe it's worthy of updating 10 years after initial release.
"A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon."
Ralph1961

Post by Ralph1961 »

I'm interested in this title. I don't know anything about Napoleonic warfare but I really Like Frank Hunter games.
I need to know if it will work under windows 7?
Agathosdaimon

Post by Agathosdaimon »

i can play it on windows 7 - the only issue i have though is resolution - it wont fit easily into my 1366x768 screen, not without some buttons being off screen - it has a few res options but this doesnt seem to be one of them - the update though i am hoping will fix this
FrankHunter

Post by FrankHunter »

The new version will certainly work on Windows 7, because that's the system I'm testing it on. There's no reason it won't work on Windows 8 and the only incompatibility with Windows XP might be the saved game file selector but I think it should be fine (I can't test that).

Sorry for the delay but I'm still hitting some bugs after all the code changes. Thought I'd be done this weekend but that wasn't the case. I'm hoping another day or two will be all I need.
Agathosdaimon

Post by Agathosdaimon »

great stuff - should be nearly done? just incidentally how far are you with the second vol - thats the one i am really hanging out for! :)
AP514

Post by AP514 »

Frank.....when is the patch coming ? and how about an Update on the 2nd VOL ?
siddious

Post by siddious »

Yes frank we wait ,but any news would be appreciataed.LOL I check this forum day after day.@ other gamers ,how to you satisfy youre addiction? I cant seem to find anything out there that dose it for me.Age is catching up with me now ,so much so that an update to this game is near top of my bucket list:)
Kai

Post by Kai »

This is going to be great. Christmas definitely has come early this year.

Can't wait to see it.
FrankHunter

Post by FrankHunter »

Hi guys, I've notified Matrix/Slitherine that I'll be uploading the new version today and Tamas is going to notify the production guys to put together the update.

So it should be available very soon but I don't know the day exactly.

I'm calling this version 2.0, there's a lot of new code but gameplay should be pretty much the same although I've tried to clean up a lot of areas and make things smoother. The interface has changed somewhat with popup panels for orders so as to maximize map area on the screen. And of course there's lots more screen options than there was in the old version. Plus there's the addition of hotseat play.

Although its a previously released game and I've been testing the changes for a couple of months on my own there's still a good chance you might come across a bug or two but hopefully not too many and hopefully quick to fix. I've tried to play solitiare, hotseat and PBEM with fog off, partially on and fully on but that's a lot of possible modes and things can get missed.

siddious

Post by siddious »

Excellent news, cheers Frank, a napoleonic game to play at last !!
demiller

Post by demiller »

Great news! Really looking forward to it.
AKA panzerde

Return to “Campaigns on the Danube 1805 - 1809”