Freezes

Post bug reports and request support here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21, elmo3

aml1vil

Freezes

Post by aml1vil »

I have gone through quite a number of the posts concerning freezes and can provide some information but I'm sure not all of it. I get to turn 84 with the AI as the Axis on the 41-45 campaign. This was the fourth time I have played the game, first three times as the Axis with no problems. I didn't get to this turn though. The Soviet troops have just crossed the Oder in force and have established a line roughly north to south on this axis. Then the machine freezes on the Soviet .sav file. I have waited hours and nothing goes forward. The message is non-responsive same as others have posted. Up until this time waits have been a few minutes at most, in fact the turn prior to this was 54 seconds (having replayed this several times). I am running version 1.07.15. Win7.1 fully patched, no broken codecs, i5-2400 CPU @3.10G, 8 M RAM. During the freeze the CPU shows 26% utilization so I know I'm not maxing out the CPU. The info at the top of the screen shows A1:11:::49vs359. If more info is needed please let me know. Thanks in advance.
Denniss

RE: Freezes

Post by Denniss »

Is the game really frozen or does the AI just take a very long time for it's calculations?
On my computer I have seen turn lengths of more than 1 hour in some special situations.

Please attach the last valid savegame so someone could run it on his computer.
WitE dev team - (aircraft data)
WitE 1.08+ dev team (data/scenario maintainer)
WitW dev team (aircraft data, partial data/scenario maintainer)
WitE2 dev team (aircraft data)
aml1vil

Post by aml1vil »

What email do I send it to? I have sent two files in response in the reply to sender format and am not sure I sent them to the right address. I sent another message this am asking if that was the right address and no response. Please let me know if either of the two messages have been received or if there is any progress on the a solution to the problem.
swkuh

Post by swkuh »

Hmmm... have had some very long turn times playing AI. Up to 2 hours. Think its some tactic/strategic situation. Now using a quicker/slicker laptop and so far turn times are much better. But then, maybe haven't yet found the situation again.

Try letting it run and see if it resolves.
aml1vil

Post by aml1vil »

Can anyone tell me what e-mail address to send the save game files to for some help? The size of the files are too large to send to the help desk. Can you zip these files down to get them to the size limit, if so what condensing format is acceptable? And doing a reply to sender doesn't seem to want to work. The one person who seemed to be able to help has not provided me with an address.
aml1vil

Post by aml1vil »

14 hours BTW
charlie0311

Post by charlie0311 »

Hi,

I really hope this gets fixed in a timely manner. It would be a real shame if, IMHO all these programming issues, cause the death of WITE.

ps, you probably need to send the save via email to Morvael when he gets back from holiday.
bigbaba

Post by bigbaba »

same problem with freezes here. playing against tommy2 atm and i am winning so no need for cheating and restarting. i pocket around 25 axis divisions in mid 43 and game freezes 2x. beside the wasted time to do the turn i fear that this crashes could be seen as cheating. now i am undecided if i should keep playing or wait for any kind of hotfix.
swkuh

Post by swkuh »

@aml1vil ... thanks your PM this issue, but wasn't notified for some days of your PM. Can't respond anyway through Matrix.

Sure that the slow processing is situational (AI searching for solution to complex situation) and never a complete freeze here.

But now give up the game when situation occurs. Not worth the time.

Hope the developers can improve this situation.
bigbaba

Post by bigbaba »

ok, seems to be a problem with my WITE installation on my PC. i just finished the turn on my laptop without any freezes and problems. i guess i have to reinstall the game on my PC.
morvael

Post by morvael »

I sent a PM to aml1vil with my email inside, so he may send me the save that causes problems during AI turn.
morvael

Post by morvael »

1.07.15 freezes. 1.08.00 is able to process the turn. When I will have time I will look why 1.07.15 freezes, to make sure the bug is no longer there in 1.08.

I wonder how much the specific conditions in which the player put his army are responsible for this freeze (they might as some variables might have gone outside of "expected" ranges and there are safety checks missing). There are about two fronts worth of troops isolated in Austria because of no effort to repair rail (1st NKPS still sits in the Urals) with range to rail about 40 and MP to rail about 300. 402 out of 660 on-map units are attached directly to STAVKA. Over 60 air groups still fly I-153 and I-16 (and it's 1943).

Anyway, the freeze shouldn't happen.

Return to “Tech Support”