Unities historical inaccuracies

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

xmas

Unities historical inaccuracies

Post by xmas »

There are the following unities inaccuracies:

Italian:

game: CSIR (korp) withdraw in spring '42

history: - CSIR (Corpo di Spedizione Italiano in Russia) not withdrawl but take new name of XXXV (35° italian
infantry korp) IK and stay in russia untill withdraw italian forces in '43.

- in spring'42 arrive in Russia XXIX IK (29° italian infantry korp) and stay in russia untill withdraw
italian forces (no exist in the game).

German heer:

game: 163° ID (2° IR and 3° IR)
later in withdraw order appear withdraw 163° (1° Infantry Regiment) but never deployed in game.

German luftwaffe:

game: 2 luftflotte stay untill and (may '45)

History: 2 luftflotte desbanded in sept'44
Denniss

RE: Unities historical inaccuracies

Post by Denniss »

Will look into the italians, do you have some online sources for this?
163rd Inf is OK, actually the 1st and 2nd are on-map while the 3rd is offmap but you still see the withdrawal notice for it.
Withdrawing Luftflotte 2 is already planned for my next update.
WitE dev team - (aircraft data)
WitE 1.08+ dev team (data/scenario maintainer)
WitW dev team (aircraft data, partial data/scenario maintainer)
WitE2 dev team (aircraft data)
xmas

Post by xmas »

XXXV:

http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reparti_it ... _orientale

Il Corpo di Spedizione Italiano in Russia, inviato sul fronte russo, inizia la sua attività il 10 luglio del 1941. Questa grande unità corrispondeva al XXXV Corpo d'armata del Regio Esercito ed integrava anche reparti di Camicie Nere della Milizia Volontaria per la Sicurezza Nazionale e truppe straniere (come la Legione croata ed il Gruppo squadroni cosacchi "Campello"). Inoltre al CSIR era aggregato uno stormo della Regia Aeronautica.

Translated:

CSIR did start in 10 July 1941. This great unity was the XXXV Italian Armee Korp ...

after creation ARMIR, CSIR returned former name of XXXV italian korps.

http://www.controstoria.it/armir/compos ... armir.html

XXIX : my mistake, this INFANTRY KORP was GERMANY not ITALIAN.
I know the battle order of 8th italian army (ARMIR) since 8 years old and always I thank that the XXIX was italian (when I did study internet didn´t exist, and in the books never I read germany korp). Now when I´m looking for source I get surprised about to descover XXIX nationality. Thank you.

Attachments
ARMIR.jpg
ARMIR.jpg (103.63 KiB) Viewed 73 times
xmas

Post by xmas »

... worse, in the book was wrote (germany), so it´s only a my memory fail ...

Attachments
ScreenHunt..2001.10.jpg
ScreenHunt..2001.10.jpg (366.38 KiB) Viewed 75 times

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”