Trick to get ground troops off the aircraft ?

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

scottb613

Trick to get ground troops off the aircraft ?

Post by scottb613 »

Hi Folks,,

Today's question - what's the trick to disembark troops that I have in my Ospreys ?? I tried hovering at low altitude... I tried to attack my landing zone... I did check the manual and search the forum... No joy...
:)

Regards,
Scott
djoos5

RE: Trick to get ground troops off the aircraft ?

Post by djoos5 »

You need to set up an event that will teleport whatever 'troops' are on the given aircraft.

So, in step-by-step setup:

1) create a defined area with reference points.
2) add your troops to the map at some out of view location (i.e. north or south pole).
3) set up an event with a Teleport action to teleport the troops from the south/north pole to your defined area
4) the Trigger for the event is to have the transport craft enter the defined area.

Make sense?

Here is an example of what I am talking about: tm.asp?m=3582051&mpage=1&key=�

In my scenario, I require that the Sea Stallions are in the defined reference areas for 10 minutes of game time to simulate the necessary time to disembark troops and gear. Having them land and hover is nothing you can require in the triggered event, but as a player you could do it to enhance the realism.
scottb613

Post by scottb613 »

Hi - thanks for the response... Hmmm - yeah - I'm not really trying to create a scenario - only complete it... It sounds like I just need them in the area they are supposed to be in and then they just pop up on the ground ? It's the one with the small amphibious force off the coast of Somalia... I'll try what you suggested...
;)

Regards,
Scott
ryszardsh

Post by ryszardsh »

I think in that scenario you need to get the correct aircraft to the correct LZ - it worked fine for me...

RAS
scottb613

Post by scottb613 »

Hi Ras,

Maybe I had the landing spots confused - I was focused more on trying to figure out how to get the troops out of the aircraft than which plane goes where... I'll give it another shot...

Regards,
Scott

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”