Something’s not working right with event editor and units.

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

airwinger63

Something’s not working right with event editor and units.

Post by airwinger63 »

In the attached scenario, there are three sets of Big Mesh surveillance radars in "red" country, with only the primary of each group actively radiating. In the event editor, the second radar is set to have its assigned mission go active from inactive once the primary radar is either damage (as little as 1 DP) or destroyed in that order.

The "blue" force's A-6s, dropping LGBs do damage or destroy the primaries (either will work), the log shows the damage or destruction, the scrolling text will show mission event firing off, yet the secondary radars for the primary radar that have been damaged or destroyed will not start radiating. I’ve tried several different ways with EMCON and F9 or Group unit doctrine. I have set up other similar events via the event editor to launch CAPS with inbound enemy aircraft and they work fine. Not sure what I'm missing or do not understand, thanks.

File was written under ver. 551 and rebuilt with ver. 554

Airwinger63
Attachments
BigMesh.zip
(8.8 KiB) Downloaded 12 times
IYAOYAS

If You Ain't Ordnance You Ain't Shit.
Dimitris

RE: Something’s not working right with event editor and units.

Post by Dimitris »

Thanks! Logged.
airwinger63

Post by airwinger63 »

Thanks, keep up the great work.

Airwinger63.

P.S.

I modded the scenario, and added three fighters to red side (on same missions) that take off when the primary radar are damaged/destroyed, the fighters do launch and come after the A-6s.
IYAOYAS

mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

Airwinger sorry this is happening. It looks like the mission status action choice isn't being retained in your scenario. I've added it to our priority list.

Mike
airwinger63

Post by airwinger63 »

Not a problem, plenty to do here with this wonderful program. Keep up the great work.

Airwinger63
IYAOYAS

airwinger63

Redundant EWR Radars. Was..RE: Something’s not working right with event editor and units.

Post by airwinger63 »

Finally got this to work with a Lua script. With either the damage (as little as 1DP) of, or destruction of each primary EWR, the back-up EWR comes on line. Lua script changes the mission status from inactive to active. Run the file as blue and watch the 3 flights of A-6s take out the 3 different red EWRs.

Airwinger63
Attachments
BigMesh106.zip
(25.57 KiB) Downloaded 5 times
IYAOYAS

Return to “Tech Support”