Random Game Types in Setup

Advanced Tactics is a versatile turn-based strategy system that gives gamers the chance to wage almost any battle in any time period. The initial release focuses on World War II and includes a number of historical scenarios as well as a full editor! This forum supports both the original Advanced Tactics and the new and improved Advanced Tactics: Gold Edition.

Moderator: Vic

solops

Random Game Types in Setup

Post by solops »

Will someone please explain what each of the Random Scenario types is and sticky it? There is nothing in the rules or WIKI about it that I can find.
I come back to ATG every 6 months or so and cannot remember which does what and there is no explanation that I can find...and it is NOT self evident to someone not familiar with the game.

New Random Game
Alt.Gfx. Random Game
A New Dawn Random Game 2
Classic Random Game
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.-Edmund Burke
Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; if it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it.-Judge Learned Hand
Tac2i

RE: Random Game Types in Setup

Post by Tac2i »

New Random Game (generic.at2) - standard game with no officers

Alt Gfx Random Game (generic2.at2) - standard game with alternate map graphics. No officers and no climate options.

New Dawn Random Game 2 (anewdawn2.at2) - standard game with officers and tank models. Note that anewdawn.at2 is still available to load manually. It has officers but no tank models.

Classic Random Game (classic.at2) - the original 2008 AT (version 1.23 I believe)

See my post on Modified Main Screens.
Tac2i (formerly webizen)

Return to “Advanced Tactics Series”