THE THREAD!!!

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

nashvillen

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by nashvillen »

INP!!!! [8D][8D][8D][8D]
Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

Right then.

Did you guys know that it's a bad idea to bang on house siding with a broom (sweeping some cobwebs) when there's a big ole yellow jacket nest under that very siding?

Some interesting and innate aspects of the human condition were observed that make one 1. Swear loudly and often 2. Drop whatsoever is in one's hands and 3. Run away! whilest being pursued by angry yellow jackets / wasps / bees, etc.

Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

That's so weird...

Russian APCs trying to use a humanitarian convoy as a trojan horse? Who'd a thunk that Putin wouldn't keep his word on this matter? [8|]

Truth be told, it's becoming easier to predict him. He's likely to do exactly the opposite of what he says or what appears on RT. [:-]
AW1Steve

Post by AW1Steve »

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

Right then.

Did you guys know that it's a bad idea to bang on house siding with a broom (sweeping some cobwebs) when there's a big ole yellow jacket nest under that very siding?

Some interesting and innate aspects of the human condition were observed that make one 1. Swear loudly and often 2. Drop whatsoever is in one's hands and 3. Run away! whilest being pursued by angry yellow jackets / wasps / bees, etc.

Excellent safety tips! And don't forget to apply the same principle in our PBEM when encountering Hornet and Wasp and their swarms....[:D]
nashvillen

Post by nashvillen »

ORIGINAL: AW1Steve

Right then.

Excellent safety tips! And don't forget to apply the same principle in our PBEM when encountering Hornet and Wasp and their swarms....[:D]
Having a large body of water nearby helps. Don't ask me how I know, from personal experience...
Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

Right then.

I just wish that I had some 53cm torpedoes to use on the flying yellow jackets like I've used on your Wasp. [:'(]

On second thought, that may not be such a good idea for the home resale value... [:D]
Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

ORIGINAL: nashvillen
Don't ask me how I know

How do you know? [;)]
Lecivius

Post by Lecivius »

Right then.

Common sense dictates....

Oh, wait....

[;)][:D]
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

Right then.

I just wish that I had some 53cm torpedoes to use on the flying yellow jackets like I've used on your Wasp. [:'(]

On second thought, that may not be such a good idea for the home resale value... [:D]
[8|] Duh!! They are too maneuverable. You need 20mm and 40mm mounts! [:D]
nashvillen

Post by nashvillen »

Don't ask me how I know

How do you know? [;)]

Time Period before the invention of long range wasp spray. Scenario: I am in my early teens, my father's side of the family has numerous Uncles, all in the late 20's early 30's at this time. Large paper wasp nest hanging on the overhang on a cottage in upstate NY next to a lake. One night, near dark, after a long day of fishing and drinking (I think more drinking than fishing) the "adult" males decide they need to get rid of said nest. Plan was put into place. It involved a large burlap sack with a large stone in it, a broom handle, a step ladder, a coleman lantern, and a piece of rope. It also involved one uncle climbing the step ladder with the broom handle and knocking the large (basketball sized) wasp nest down. Underneath, was two other uncles holding the burlap sack wide open to catch said large nest. One person (me) was to take the piece of rope and tie off the burlap sack after the nest went in. I was not a consumer of the adult beverages (the only one), hence the choice to have me do the tying of the rope. The Lantern was on a stump nearby to provide light in the early evening. Everyone else was in the screened in porch that the the nest was overhanging and were safe as no one had been molested by the wasps there for quite a while as the door had been blocked off to prevent disturbing said neighbors.

Everything was set, you can imagine what followed. Uncle on ladder was a little overzealous in his knocking down of the nest, more pinata like taking a couple of blows and really pissing the wasps off. Once it fell, it didn't take a straight down flight line. It was more at an angle due to the blow. The two Uncles with the sack couldn't compensate quick enough with their reflexes limited by the adult beverage and the nest landed on the ground. Needless to say, the Wasps were really pissed now and even in the dark left their nest to find and punish the home wreckers. Our morale did not last long and we all broke and ran. Uncle on the ladder pushed away from the cottage and jumped into the lake. One uncle on the sack dropped his side and followed the uncle from the ladder. The other side of the sack uncle went the other direction on the peninsula and went into the lake on the other side, followed right behind by me. The folks in the porch rolled on the floor laughing for quite a while.

Once things settled down, a cup of gas/oil mix with a lit stick following took care of the nest. It burned for quite a bit.

No one was stung, but a lasting family memory was created to be shared for generations to come.
Schanilec

Post by Schanilec »

[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]
This is one Czech that doesn't bounce.
Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

No posts in 28 hours? [:-]
Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

Good day, Allied dogs!

Spent the morning 'free sparring'. Lots of fun and a great way to stay in shape. Afternoon was grocery shopping. [>:]

I can see why people aren't stopping by for such an exhilarating discussion...[:D]
nashvillen

Post by nashvillen »

They are still laughing at myself and my uncles? [X(]
nashvillen

Post by nashvillen »

Good Morning, also!
Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

They are still laughing at myself and my uncles? [X(]

That *was* an epic story, nashvillen. Thanks again for sharing!
Schanilec

Post by Schanilec »

Good morning all.
This is one Czech that doesn't bounce.
nashvillen

Post by nashvillen »

"Good" Morning...
Lecivius

Post by Lecivius »