LSA Fpool

Post new mods and scenarios here.
Tejszd

LSA Fpool

Post by Tejszd »

In previous version of CC you could set the unit type and quantity per day and per difficulty level.

In LSA you can;
- use the difficulty multiple to add or remove unit quantities
- use the change turn option to add or remove unit quantities/types per day.

But there doesn't seem to be any way to change the unit type per difficulty level any longer?

This functionality was used by mod makers to balance the game especially when playing the AI in previous CC's if this can't be done in LSA why would it be removed???
SteveMcClaire

RE: LSA Fpool

Post by SteveMcClaire »

Correct. In LSA the force pools do not support replacing one team type by another based on difficulty.

Steve
Tejszd

Post by Tejszd »

Steve, you gave no explanation why so I assume that it was oops that the ability/feature was missed/not recreated in the new fpool format.

Could it not be easily added back since you already set a turn could you not check a difficulty level or for all levels?

Mistakes happen but now that it is known the key is how you/Matrix react....

SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

It was not a mistake, it was a design change. Access to better/worse units in LSA is primarily controlled by how many purchase points you have, which does vary by difficulty setting.

You might be able to fudge this somewhat using reinforcements to the FP with a single team of the desired type. I believe these will show up at lower difficulty and not at the higher (or highest) but I haven't looked at this in a while and I don't recall the cut-off point off the top of my head.

Steve
davidss

Post by davidss »

just to clarify for something I'm working on. The cell for change turn option to add or remove unit quantities types, is by turns plus any night turns ... not per day.
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

davidss,

The first column of a FP reinforcement entry is the overall turn, yes. It is counted starting with 0 as the first turn possible (given campaign.txt start day/turn) and night turns are counted.

Steve
davidss

Post by davidss »

hey Steve, thanks for taking time to explain.

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”