Aborting air units in naval air combat ends combat

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

Courtenay

Aborting air units in naval air combat ends combat

Post by Courtenay »

I believe this is a bug, but am not certain.

There is a naval air combat in a sea zone. One side aborts its air units before the naval air combat is fully resolved. Its planes (and its opponents planes) go back to the sea box they came from. (This is correct.) At this point, MWiF ends the naval combat. I think there should be another naval combat round, with a new set of search rolls. Is this correct, or am I mistaken?
I thought I knew how to play this game....
Jaimainsoyyo

RE: Aborting air units in naval air combat ends combat

Post by Jaimainsoyyo »

Hi Courtenay . I ´ve had the same problem , in a naval combat after air to air and clearing bombers , the program made AA fire and after reducing to 0 the bomber´s force ended the phase , no more search etc... I think it´s a bug.
paulderynck

Post by paulderynck »

ORIGINAL: Courtenay

I believe this is a bug, but am not certain.

There is a naval air combat in a sea zone. One side aborts its air units before the naval air combat is fully resolved. Its planes (and its opponents planes) go back to the sea box they came from. (This is correct.) At this point, MWiF ends the naval combat. I think there should be another naval combat round, with a new set of search rolls. Is this correct, or am I mistaken?
Yes, searching should continue until both sides fail to find.
Paul
WarHunter

Post by WarHunter »

My games have had this bug occur at various random times. Hard to pin down. Especially if it happens at the end of a long naval combat routine. Never seems to happen when there are lots of ships and aircraft.

It does seem to happen more often with just 1 or 2 aircraft and or ships. Especially when fighters are the only units in a sea zone.
“We never felt like we were losing until we were actually dead.”
Marcus Luttrell
Courtenay

Post by Courtenay »

ORIGINAL: jaimain

Hi Courtenay . I ´ve had the same problem , in a naval combat after air to air and clearing bombers , the program made AA fire and after reducing to 0 the bomber´s force ended the phase , no more search etc... I think it´s a bug.
Ah! I think that AA fire reducing bombing strength to zero is what causes the problem. In my game the Allies managed to do this to the one German plane that got through, and the combat aborted, while in the other combats where the naval bombing strength was not reduced to zero things continued correctly.
I thought I knew how to play this game....

Return to “Tech Support”